Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

On 2/28/2023 at 10:02 AM, Wally Fairway said:

ABML releasing some news 

https://americanbatterytechnology.com/press-release/one-of-the-largest-known-lithium-deposits-in-us-identified-at-american-battery-technology-company-tonopah-flats-property-inferred-resource-estimated-through-s-k-1300-compliant-study/

Reveal hidden contents

Report Highlights  

• The ABTC Tonopah Flats inferred resource is one of the largest known lithium deposits in the U.S. with an estimated 15.8 million tons of lithium carbonate equivalent 
  • The large-tonnage nature of the deposit, combined with the company’s internally-developed lithium extraction and hydroxide manufacturing techniques validated and supported through numerous government awards, makes it a potentially critical source of domestically produced lithium to meet increasing demand for lithium products  
  • There is potential to significantly expand the resources with further drilling extending to the north and south property boundaries and at greater depths  
  • Leaching trials were carried out in-house by ABTC using statistically representative homogenized bulk samples, and these trials demonstrated that over 90% of lithium can be extracted from the Tonopah Flats property claystone within a few hours 
  • The project is ideally situated close to infrastructure and the town of Tonopah, making it attractive for future development 
  • Resource estimates were calculated based on a pit-constraint, conservative cutoff concentration of 300 ppm Li that support a 200,000 ton per day claystone process rate 
  • Click here for a 3D interactive walkthrough of ABTC’s Tonopah Flats Inferred Resources: https://vrify.com/decks/12566-tonopahflats

Let's see if this can push it through $1

On 3/6/2023 at 9:53 AM, WithoutAClue said:

ABML keeps going up. at this rate I may get back to even soon...🤞

On 3/6/2023 at 12:26 PM, Seger78 said:

Just got back to even! A real stonk success story

Nothing will kill a stocks momentum to rise above $1.00 faster than the company selling 14 million shares at $0.70 (with warrants to sell another 14 million at $0.80)

this is how the stonk game is played/manipulated - so much for this one having traction for a while but I will continue to hold because I'm an optimist/chump

https://americanbatterytechnology.com/press-release/american-battery-technology-company-announces-10-million-registered-direct-offering/

Anyone care to give the pros and cons of JEPI. I currently have about 5% of my investment portfolio in this and have had it for a few months. Its a covered call ETF and set to be the top actively managed ETF due to the influx of people jumping on this. My rough understanding is this etf invests primarily in top 100 companies across all sectors. " Every stock in the fund is capped at 2%, while sectors are capped at 17.5%."

Correct me if Im wrong but this would be a good play for a downward market, a side ways market, and a slow moving upward market. The only downside is gains are capped if the stocks rise too quickly. It pays a monthly dividend and the yield is about 11% due to option premiums and individual stock dividends. That is my rudimentary understanding of it. The reason I ask is I am wanting to significantly increase my exposure as high as 25% or even more but want to do some more due diligence first. Here is one of the articles that I quoted above.  Someone convince me this is the wrong play and there is a serious risk to this type of investment.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jp-morgan-jepi-soars-set-223000668.html

You said it.  Good fund for sideways or bear market.  V likely to lag badly in any bull market.

My preference has been a combination of PDI (nice cash flow yield) and tax advantaged funds from Blackrock and PIMCO.  

My money market pays almost as much as CDs do and it’s completely liquid, so I keep about a year of funds in there.

I think the main fear with PDI is ROC but they are very well managed with a long track record.  A 12 percent yield is hard to find anywhere else.

Edited by Hefeweizen
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

2 year chart suggest otherwise

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot-2023-04-07-083359

Fair enough, but I bought heavily last summer and have been enjoying the twenty cents per share dividend monthly.   My basis is around 20 per share so I am pretty happy with it.  Certainly not for everyone…

2 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Fair enough, but I bought heavily last summer and have been enjoying the twenty cents per share dividend monthly.   My basis is around 20 per share so I am pretty happy with it.  Certainly not for everyone…

good for you  - definitely not a stonk if it pays dividends. 
stonks lose money, do reverse splits, make secondary (or higher) private offerings at discounts to current prices, and worst of all find a way to fuck the public shareholders in deals that benefit management in a sale/partnership/etc.

1% a month is an awesome return, hopefully for you, the market doesn't correct that to reflect current interest rates (looks like they have paid for the better part of the last 10 years)

• Hook 'Em 2

EOSE +.70 to $3.17.  Up 25% on no news.  Buying ahead of positive news regarding EOSE receiving a DOE loan?  Beats the hell outta me, but that would lead to a very nice move up. Ultimately, if there is no loan, the stock goes back to $1.  EOSE is a stonk.  It's boom or bust.  Holding  32,900 shares of EOSE @ 2.44, 30,000 shares of UUUU @ 5.64 6,000 shares of GERN @ 3.19, 27,800 shares of IBRX @ 9.77, and 2,000 shares of RVPH@ 4.29.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Got an email today - about a stonk that I had completely forgotten - WKHS - looked up my trades, bought a few shares around $18 and out $23.50...now trades at $1.10 stonks gonna stonk

Anyway - maybe there are a few pennies to be had if you want to join the action.

https://www.workhorsesecuritieslitigation.com/

Stay informed about a class action lawsuit involving WORKHORSE GROUP INC.

You’re receiving this notification because there is a class action lawsuit related to WORKHORSE GROUP INC. If you held or transacted in this security between 2020-03-10 and 2021-05-10, your rights may be affected.

Please carefully review the materials offered at the link(s) below to understand your rights and options with regard to this litigation. 

Please contact KCC CLASS ACTION SERVICES if you have any questions. Their information is available on the materials offered at the link(s) below. 

On 4/11/2023 at 7:28 AM, Wally Fairway said:

Got an email today - about a stonk that I had completely forgotten - WKHS - looked up my trades, bought a few shares around $18 and out $23.50...now trades at $1.10 stonks gonna stonk

Anyway - maybe there are a few pennies to be had if you want to join the action.

You’re receiving this notification because there is a class action lawsuit related to WORKHORSE GROUP INC. If you held or transacted in this security between 2020-03-10 and 2021-05-10, your rights may be affected.

Please carefully review the materials offered at the link(s) below to understand your rights and options with regard to this litigation. 

Please contact KCC CLASS ACTION SERVICES if you have any questions. Their information is available on the materials offered at the link(s) below. 

Let me guess, if successful the lawyers make off like bandits, and the shareholders emerge with a payoff substantial enough to supersize a happy meal.

Edited by Blotto

1 hour ago, WithoutAClue said:

They also issued a promissory note last week for $15 million convertible to stock at a max price of $2.80 later this year (could be as low as $.53). So that's basically another 20 million shares (minimum) coming online. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Amy bumped with the notice they had entered into a Memorial of Understanding. I would imagine at the end of that there will be a contract agreement and I hope that is the instigator. Latest news was that the pilot plant was operating and recovering as intended. Hopefully soon something official is announced. Maybe @Harrison Stafford has more info.

2 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

Amy bumped with the notice they had entered into a Memorial of Understanding. I would imagine at the end of that there will be a contract agreement and I hope that is the instigator. Latest news was that the pilot plant was operating and recovering as intended. Hopefully soon something official is announced. Maybe @Harrison Stafford has more info.

Memorial of Understanding....Is that the part of the agreement where all the pre-marriage blowjobs go?  

3 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

gotta love #stonks - lots of excitement on a less than 2¢ move in AMY

On 4/15/2023 at 3:05 AM, HoustonHorn said:
On 4/15/2023 at 12:41 AM, Wally Fairway said:
gotta love #stonks - lots of excitement on a less than 2¢ move in AMY

Actually it was over an 80% increase when they announced the MOU back in January. That's the fun of stonks.

Losing 50% and then having to gain 100% to get back even is also the fun of stonks.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

46 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

IBRX jumping

Run rabbit run

I expect it to be amusingly volatile for the next month heading up to the May FDA decision. I may or may not have picked up some June $5 call options to get the full stonk experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So my teen asked me if I could put some of his money down on a stock tip he got from another kid who's dad is a day trader.  I said I'd put down a few hundred if we he wants but be prepared to lose it as it's a "penny stock" which I figured was perfect to share with this board...  :)

The comments from his friend was this (teen speak): 

it’s 4 cents a share. and could u put 100$ into it it’s backed by of a 14 billion dollar mining company. and has developed Rawanda - he was mining person of the year in 2013. also ron lawizki who’s pretty well know in the Canadian mining industry. all these people have been in involved in taking minor mining companies and and turning them into 100 million dollar market caps. and i think they are going to do it again.

It's advice from a teen (who's dad has actually made some pretty good coin) to another teen so take it with a grain of salt but I figure a few hundred bucks down can't be any worse than some of the the bucks I've tossed on some stonks here..  :)

Stock is SKKRF...

So my teen asked me if I could put some of his money down on a stock tip he got from another kid who's dad is a day trader.  I said I'd put down a few hundred if we he wants but be prepared to lose it as it's a "penny stock" which I figured was perfect to share with this board... 

it’s 4 cents a share. and could u put 100$ into it it’s backed by of a 14 billion dollar mining company. and has developed Rawanda - he was mining person of the year in 2013. also ron lawizki who’s pretty well know in the Canadian mining industry. all these people have been in involved in taking minor mining companies and and turning them into 100 million dollar market caps. and i think they are going to do it again.

It's advice from a teen (who's dad has actually made some pretty good coin) to another teen so take it with a grain of salt but I figure a few hundred bucks down can't be any worse than some of the the bucks I've tossed on some stonks here.. 
Stock is SKKRF...

giphy.gif
  • Haha 3

On 4/11/2023 at 8:28 AM, Wally Fairway said:

I got this letter in the mail.

13 hours ago, Grimas said:

So my teen asked me if I could put some of his money down on a stock tip he got from another kid who's dad is a day trader.  I said I'd put down a few hundred if we he wants but be prepared to lose it as it's a "penny stock" which I figured was perfect to share with this board...  :)

It's advice from a teen (who's dad has actually made some pretty good coin) to another teen so take it with a grain of salt but I figure a few hundred bucks down can't be any worse than some of the the bucks I've tossed on some stonks here..  :)

Stock is SKKRF...

You should short it and teach him a lesson.

• Haha 4

A Seeking Alpha article about UUUU.  The demand for uranium is increasing and the price will follow.  Sooner than later, hopefully.
Energy Fuels: Left For Dead, Unjustifiably
Apr. 18, 2023 7:07 AM ETEnergy Fuels Inc. (EFR:CA), UUUU2 Comments4 Likes

Summary

• Energy Fuels is predominantly a uranium story. When uranium reaches $60lbs, this stock will rapidly move higher.
  • Energy Fuels has a clean balance sheet with no debt and more than $60 million of cash.
  • UUUU is primed to move higher. But I make the case that its driver will be uranium prospects, and not its rare earth minerals portfolio.
  • Looking for more investing ideas like this one? Get them exclusively at Deep Value Returns. Learn More »

Net Zero and Carbon Neutral Concepts Net Zero Emissions Goals A climate-neutral long-term strategy Ready to put wooden blocks by hand with green net center icon and green icon on gray background.

Sakorn Sukkasemsakorn

Investment Thesis

Energy Fuels (NYSE:UUUU) is predominantly a uranium story, with a significant interest in vanadium's prospects.

Indeed, I believe that any other topic of discussion here asides from uranium are a distraction. That's not to say that Energy Fuels' vanadium or its rare earth portfolio couldn't eventually be a needle mover, but in the near-term, everything boils down to uranium.

And investors' highly anticipated moment when uranium reaches $60/lb.

Why Energy Fuels? Why Now?

As noted already, Energy Fuels' prospects are tied to uranium prices.

UUUU March presentation

UUUU March presentation

Indeed, even though Energy Fuels' balance sheet holds close to 1 million pounds of vanadium, this inventory level carries a gross market value of approximately $10 to $13 million.

Hence, for Energy Fuels realistically, its prospects are tied to uranium prospects.

The bull thesis has to form a view and answer in the affirmative the following question. Can the great energy transition, which seeks to reduce our dependency on fossil fuels gain further traction in 2023-2024, and lead uranium prices to strengthen and move higher?

As you know, uranium is not the only solution to the great energy transition, but it is one solution. Uranium energy is extremely reliable. It's flexible. High scalable and cheap. And importantly, uranium doesn't emit CO2 back into the atmosphere, as all its bi-product is contained within the uranium rock.

And still, the fact of the matter is that for many uranium bulls (myself included), is that even although more and more media stories about uranium prospects continue to surface, not to mention government polls showing widespread public amiability towards uranium fuel, as well as Energy Fuels' management stating this the Q4 earnings call:

[...] the changes in the wins that are happening with the U.S. government having bipartisan support for nuclear energy.

And yet, despite all the reasons why uranium prices should be showing more strength, for now, uranium prices remain stubbornly stuck at around $51.

Trading Economics

Trading Economics

2023 Prospects Discussed

In January, Energy Fuels sold 300,000 lbs of uranium to the US Government's uranium reserve for $61.57/lb, which brought Energy Fuels approximately $18.5 million in revenues.

Followers of the uranium sector will be aware that Energy Fuels wasn't the only company chosen. But the fact that it was one of the companies chosen, speaks volumes of its prospects.

Therefore Energy Fuels expects its inventories to end 2023 with approximately 587,000 pounds of uranium.

Recall, Energy Fuels right now isn't being operated with the goal of maximizing profitability. Indeed, for now, while uranium prices remain sub-$60/lb, Energy Fuels is unlikely to press ahead and ramp up production, because it's simply not profitable to mine for uranium at the uranium current price level.

Nevertheless, if uranium prices were to start to strengthen, all of a sudden, this stock which has been left for dead, could rapidly reprice higher.

The Bottom Line

Energy Fuels is not expected to ramp up uranium production in 2023.

Ultimately, given that Energy Fuels doesn't hold any debt on its balance sheet together with Energy Fuels having more than half a million pounds of uranium on its balance sheet, means that the catalyst for this stock is the moment that uranium prices start to strengthen and move to $55/lb and higher.

With nothing holding back Energy Fuels, asides from uranium's price, investors will have to sit and wait. Something that most investors, asides from a few, have any inclination to do.

original_523659386.png

GERN +.34 to $2.42, IBRX +.25 to $2.39, and RVPH +.14 to $5.07.  The Biotech sector (which has taken a serious beatdown since February 2021) is showing signs of life.  Look at a 5 year chart of LABU (S&P Biotech Bull 3x Shares).  It peaked in early 2021 at $162 and today it's $6.  Stock sectors fall in and out of favor and biotech has been out for the count, but it ain't gonna be punch-drunk forever.

Holding 6,000 shares of GERN @ 3.19, 27,800 shares of IBRX @ 9.77,  and 2,000 shares of RVPH @ 4.29.  Also holding 32,900 shares of EOSE @ 2.44, 30,000 shares of UUUU @ 5.64, and 150,000 shares of AMYZF @ $.85.