Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

39 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Just think about the people with a cost basis of $20+, not that anyone here bought at those levels

You know how long it took me to average down from $24 to $10? 

Not as long as it'd seem because I only invest in hundreds, not thousands (for now), but damn I had to chip away at that for a good minute. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

It looks like 25 percent of the stock was short.  I think this squeeze is going to fuck some assholes up!  My 1.69 cost basis is wanting a move running past 10.

FDA approval should send the stock into the teens.  If IBRX announces a good partnership deal with big pharma, it could add to that, but it really depends on the nature of the agreement...ie partnering and distributing vs buying rights to distribute.  The more cash it gives IBRX, the better. Then, there are all those other late stage drug trials in the pipeline.  And none of this takes into account the possibility that money flow maybe, possibly, finally returns to the bludgeoned biotech sector.   When buying stock in IBRX the plan was to ride it to three digits or ride it to 0 and that plan hasn’t changed.  IBRX isn’t simply a stonk.  It’s a biotech stonk.  The risk is sky high and the volatility is madness.  Holding 27,800 shares of IBRX at a cost basis of 9.77.  Buckle up ‘cause the ride with IBRX ain’t over

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

14 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

FDA approval should send the stock into the teens.  If IBRX announces a good partnership deal with big pharma, it could add to that, but it really depends on the nature of the agreement...ie partnering and distributing vs buying rights to distribute.  The more cash it gives IBRX, the better. Then, there are all those other late stage drug trials in the pipeline.  And none of this takes into account the possibility that money flow maybe, possibly, finally returns to the bludgeoned biotech sector.   When buying stock in IBRX the plan was to ride it to three digits or ride it to 0 and that plan hasn’t changed.  IBRX isn’t simply a stonk.  It’s a biotech stonk.  The risk is sky high and the volatility is madness.  

I've seen it too many times, hopefully not with IBRX but, that add on offering as the stock rises and puts $$$'s into the corporate coffers tends to take the wind out of the stock sails (look at ABML, ALPP, HMBL, etc)

53 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I've seen it too many times, hopefully not with IBRX but, that add on offering as the stock rises and puts $$$'s into the corporate coffers tends to take the wind out of the stock sails (look at ABML, ALPP, HMBL, etc)

Hoping for a partnership with big pharma following FDA approval.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

As I posted earlier, I bought IBRX with the expectation of holding it until it reaches three digits or zero and that plan hasn’t changed.  The ride ain’t over.  Keep the faith 

This is the correct way to invest in stonks. Buy several different names. The overwhelming majority will probably fail but hitting 10x or better on a couple will far outweigh those losses. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1st Quarter Earnings Announcement Expected: Earnings will tentatively be announced 05/15/2023 after market close. With single analyst covering IBRX, the consensus EPS estimate is -$0.27, and the high and low estimates are -$0.27 and -$0.27, respectively.

So is there any indication that news will be part of the earnings (loss) release - or just FDA approval. 
Certainly, looking for a partnership/investment from big pharma.

Oh my brother from another mother, good luck with that. I'm sitting on something similar

Isn’t July when the drug trial results come out? I feel like all the movement is investors positioning themselves for great news. If it’s positive, it’ll blow past $12.50 like Usain Bolt racing Corky from Life Goes On.

ImmunityBio (NASDAQ:IBRX) lost ~57% in the pre-market trading Thursday after disclosing that the FDA rejected a marketing application for its product candidate Anktiva as a combination therapy for a type of bladder cancer.

Issuing a so-called complete response letter on May 9, the agency has cited shortcomings related to third-party contract manufacturing organizations as reasons for its decision, the company added.

With its Biologics License Application, ImmunityBio (IBRX) had sought FDA approval for Anktiva (N-803) in combination with Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (“BCG”) as a treatment for BCG-unresponsive non-muscle invasive bladder cancer.

“The letter indicates that the FDA has determined that it cannot approve the BLA in its present form, and the FDA has made recommendations to address the issues raised,” ImmunityBio (IBRX) noted.

The FDA has also pointed to manufacturing issues that the company has to resolve and requested that it update certain safety and efficacy data for the Anktiva combo in its resubmissions.

Fucking lulz. This doesn't sound like efficacy of the drug is the primary issue, but even if the issues can ultimately be resolved, its probably another 6 months to a year away. Meaning more dilution as they try and keep afloat. This fucker is cooked for awhile anyway. 

6 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

Yep. Definitely dilution en coming.

I guess the other  option would be some tie-up with big pharma who would presumably know how to manufacture worth a shit and could perhaps just take over. Either way, this just goes back to zombie stock status in my portfolio of shit stonks and I'm not gonna try and lower my cost average any further. 

Business Development Updates
On May 9, 2023, the Company’s Executive Chairman and Global Chief Scientific and Medical Officer agreed to provide immediate non-convertible debt financing to the Company in an amount of $30.0 million on substantially similar terms as prior financings, including an interest rate of Term Secured Overnight Financing Rate (“SOFR”) plus 8% per annum and a maturity date of December 31, 2023.
As previously disclosed, the Company has been exploring partnering with a large biopharmaceutical company for commercialization of N-803 for intravesical administration. The Company has confirmed with the potential partner that these negotiations will continue notwithstanding the letter referenced above, with the view of completing such a transaction during 2023, though there can be no assurance that the Company will complete a transaction on acceptable terms in accordance with this timeline or at all.

Whatever negotiating leverage they had with their "partner" just got shot to fuck as they are likely in desperation mode and will take any deal that results in Patrick Soon-Shiong getting made whole, but not the shareholders. 

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Fucking lulz. This doesn't sound like efficacy of the drug is the primary issue, but even if the issues can ultimately be resolved, its probably another 6 months to a year away. Meaning more dilution as they try and keep afloat. This fucker is cooked for awhile anyway. 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

God damn…. Should have sold this sucker when it hit $6.  I would have only been down 75%.  Well.  Might as well ride this bitch to $0 like my WISH investment.  My stonk portfolio might be the worst of any on this board.  I’m down 80-90% on every stonk except UUUU.  Need uranium to sky rocket to get this money back.

36 minutes ago, victory88 said:

God damn…. Should have sold this sucker when it hit $6.  I would have only been down 75%.  Well.  Might as well ride this bitch to $0 like my WISH investment.  My stonk portfolio might be the worst of any on this board.  I’m down 80-90% on every stonk except UUUU.  Need uranium to sky rocket to get this money back.

I'm down 92% on Alpo, so :hookem:

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

I actually read the 8k.  Looks like they need to resolve the manufacturing process for FDA to approve.  As stated up thread it probably means they need a big pharmaceutical to manufacture.  FDA loves them some big pharma dick.

43 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Patrick Soon-Shiong, Executive Chairman of IBRX, is providing non-convertible debt financing of $30 million while the company sorts this out.  It doesn’t sound like we have incoming dilution. 

samuel l jackson shit negro thats all you had to say GIF

Dr Strangelove Movie GIF

Edited by nycHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

Random question if someone can help me. My dad(rip) bought me sticks in Phillips petroleum company in 1985, as I was cleaning shit out I stumbled upon the certificates and was curious how you sell paper stock? Anyone with expertise know how I can do this as easy as possible? Thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Random question if someone can help me. My dad(rip) bought me sticks in Phillips petroleum company in 1985, as I was cleaning shit out I stumbled upon the certificates and was curious how you sell paper stock? Anyone with expertise know how I can do this as easy as possible? Thanks for the help.

https://www.thesimpledollar.com/investing/stocks/what-if-you-find-old-stock-certificate/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Or if you have an account with a broker, just call them up and they should be able to help you with getting the shares into your account.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Patrick Soon-Shiong, Executive Chairman of IBRX, is providing non-convertible debt financing of $30 million while the company sorts this out.  It doesn’t sound like we have incoming dilution. 

They blow through 10X of that amount in operating expense in a year, and still have no revenue. Hell they just issued 14 million warrants in February. They either whore themselves out to their big pharma partner ASAP, or there will be massive dilution coming. This company is extremely fucking bloated with 725 employees and no revenue. By comparison sakes, RVPH manages to generate zero revenue with only 10 full time employees according to their latest annual report. 

59 minutes ago, Blotto said:

They blow through 10X of that amount in operating expense in a year, and still have no revenue. Hell they just issued 14 million warrants in February. They either whore themselves out to their big pharma partner ASAP, or there will be massive dilution coming. This company is extremely fucking bloated with 725 employees and no revenue. By comparison sakes, RVPH manages to generate zero revenue with only 10 full time employees according to their latest annual report. 

Biotech is a bitch.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Blotto said:

RVPH has one compound they’re actively working on.  IBRX has 16 or 17 trials ongoing with several of them at late stage.  The FDA didn’t have issues with IBRX’s bladder cancer drug or the results.  I think IBRX’s CEO, Patrick Soon-Shiong, has a meeting w/FDA to find out exactly what needs to happen with the manufacturing facilities.  Then, he has to decide how much money and time that will take, so he can reapply for permission to market the drug.  Then, he’ll decide whether to foot the bill himself or partner w/big pharma before the drug gets approved.  Of course, he wants to partner >after< the bladder drug is approved to get full value.  My take is he’ll foot the bill himself (he’s already pumped $700 million into the company), wait for FDA approval, and, then, partner w/big pharma.  If something was seriously flawed with IBRX’s drug, the stock would be trading under a dollar…instead of where it was two weeks ago.  Finally, the real losers today are the patients who could’ve benefited from this medication.  The FDA should be completely gutted and retooled.

• Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

11 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

RVPH has one compound they’re actively working on.  IBRX has 16 or 17 trials ongoing with several of them at late stage.  The FDA didn’t have issues with IBRX’s bladder cancer drug or the results.  I think IBRX’s CEO, Patrick Soon-Shiong, has a meeting w/FDA to find out exactly what needs to happen with the manufacturing facilities.  Then, he has to decide how much money and time that will take, so he can reapply for permission to market the drug.  Then, he’ll decide whether to foot the bill himself or partner w/big pharma before the drug gets approved.  Of course, he wants to partner >after< the bladder drug is approved to get full value.  My take is he’ll foot the bill himself (he’s already pumped $700 million into the company), wait for FDA approval, and, then, partner w/big pharma.  If something was seriously flawed with IBRX’s drug, the stock would be trading under a dollar…instead of where it was two weeks ago.  Finally, the real losers today are the patients who could’ve benefited from this medication.  The FDA should be completely gutted and retooled.

bang that drum
bang it hard
bang it loud 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got notice that my stop-loss for my RVPH shares kicked in at $7.75. Netted a nice 78% profit. Now I just have my 10 options contracts.

Went ahead and bought 10,000 shares of that mining exploration company, SKKRF, mentioned above. 5 minutes of research shows it does have legitimate players running it and it has financial backing from a $1B parent company.