Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

First Solar paid $80 million today for a European Solar tech company called Evolar that has produced cells with record high efficiency. FSLR is up 25%+ which equates to a $5 billion dollar increase in market cap. They should buy more of those. Seems like an over reaction, but what do I know. 

The increase pushes the P/E to a modest 525 on a $25B market cap. Fuck it, I'm in for July $200P @ $6.90. Added on, so my cost is now $7.00

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Am I too late for the get rich scheme?

really it is quite easy 
a) buy stonks before they make it onto the Surly radar
b) sell the stonks into the rally as the Surly crew rushes into the void
c) profit
d) see step a)
rinse, wash, repeat

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2023 at 11:11 AM, Blotto said:

First Solar paid $80 million today for a European Solar tech company called Evolar that has produced cells with record high efficiency. FSLR is up 25%+ which equates to a $5 billion dollar increase in market cap. They should buy more of those. Seems like an over reaction, but what do I know. 

The increase pushes the P/E to a modest 525 on a $25B market cap. Fuck it, I'm in for July $200P @ $6.90. Added on, so my cost is now $7.00

Sold em at a little over $12 for a ~70% profit. Probably left some meat on that bone, but I was just trying to capture a good chunk of the correction after last weeks spike. On to the next one. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Sold em at a little over $12 for a ~70% profit. Probably left some meat on that bone, but I was just trying to capture a good chunk of the correction after last weeks spike. On to the next one. 

You can never go broke taking profits
referenced - someone who invests, and doesn't stonkaround

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

That aint no lie...I bought June IBRX $5 calls for $0.30. Right before the bed shitting, they were over $2.00 and together with the runup in the stock I was back to break even overall. I thought I still had a week or two before the FDA decision and had a sell in for $2.40. I did not have a "week or two" and they are now worth .05/.10 lulz. 

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

That aint no lie...I bought June IBRX $5 calls for $0.30. Right before the bed shitting, they were over $2.00 and together with the runup in the stock I was back to break even overall. I thought I still had a week or two before the FDA decision and had a sell in for $2.40. I did not have a "week or two" and they are now worth .05/.10 lulz. 

It took me longer than it should have to realize that I'm playing with options not to buy/sell at the strike price but hopefully to make money - so I sell them into a profit position and don't worry if money there is left on the table. Because more often than I like to remember I have seen all the value in them dry up almost overnight.

54 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I take the opposite approach to investing ( no stonks) Cut your losers and let your winners run. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 5/12/2023 at 9:46 AM, Harrison Stafford said:

RVPH order filled at 7.60 for 3000 shares.  Now own 9000 shares of RVPH.  Placed GTC orders for 3000 more at 7.03 and another 3000 at 6.60.

Filled the 3000 share RVPH  order at 7.03.  Now have 12,000 shares of RVPH.  Have one GTC buy left at 6.60.  Wouldn’t bother me at all if that order never fills.

On 5/22/2023 at 4:43 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

Filled the 3000 share RVPH  order at 7.03.  Now have 12,000 shares of RVPH.  Have one GTC buy left at 6.60.  Wouldn’t bother me at all if that order never fills.

Filled the last 3000 share order at 6.60 bringing the total position to 15,000 shares of RVPH.  Es todo.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/25/2023 at 4:44 PM, bluto said:

Hi ALPP with your sweet ass reverse split that you’ll never ever ever recover from. Write offs for years boys!

Thankfully - I partially exited that as it marched past $7 (now past $65; split adjusted) and got out of the rest on the way down. This is still the best #stonk that I traded in/out of, but only because I got all the way out - and still I regret that my first purchase was at about $0.075 in June 2020, took a loss on that in Sept 2020 at $0.041 before getting back in early Dec 2020 for about $1. Had I kept those first $25,000 shares  It was a great ride - thanks @RCRanger03 most of the money I have in other #stonks is still from that initial success.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

https://recyclico.com/recyclico-battery-materials-and-zenith-chemical-announce-a-us25-million-lithium-ion-battery-recycling-joint-venture-in-taiwan/ 

RecycLiCo Battery Materials and Zenith Chemical Announce a US$25 Million Lithium-ion Battery Recycling Joint Venture in Taiwan 

bounce dead cat, bounce
(this is my largest holding.....if you use the metric of most number of shares)

28 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

https://recyclico.com/recyclico-battery-materials-and-zenith-chemical-announce-a-us25-million-lithium-ion-battery-recycling-joint-venture-in-taiwan/ 

RecycLiCo Battery Materials and Zenith Chemical Announce a US$25 Million Lithium-ion Battery Recycling Joint Venture in Taiwan 

It’s a start.  Holding 125,000 shares bought at .85.  

• Hook 'Em 1

During the fiscal year ended July 31, 2022, the Company recorded $6,191,384 in share-based payments expense (2021 – $11,383,322) due to the vesting of options granted during fiscal 2022, 2021 and 2020 and amendment of certain options previously granted. Additional detail on the financings is set out below under “Liquidity and Capital Resources”. Wages and benefits in the amount of $571,519 (2021 – $354,790) were recorded for the fiscal year ended July 31, 2022. 

That came from the last financial update on their website (https://recyclico.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/AMY-MDA-1-31-2023-final.pdf).  How many people can realistically even work at this joint? 

https://www.linkedin.com/company/recyclico-battery-materials-inc/people/

There is exactly one person on that page that seems to have a science background. I bailed on this one last year when I came to the realization that it wasn't serious about being a business. They have been around since 1987 and have managed to hang around all this time generating no revenue. Its impressive really. 

15 hours ago, Blotto said:

That came from the last financial update on their website (https://recyclico.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/AMY-MDA-1-31-2023-final.pdf).  How many people can realistically even work at this joint? 

https://www.linkedin.com/company/recyclico-battery-materials-inc/people/

There is exactly one person on that page that seems to have a science background. I bailed on this one last year when I came to the realization that it wasn't serious about being a business. They have been around since 1987 and have managed to hang around all this time generating no revenue. Its impressive really. 

You should short AMYZF.  I dare you.