Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

3 hours ago, WithoutAClue said:

TSLA headed down toward $800. When do I pull the trigger? 🤷‍♂️

As a short term trade or long term investment? There is a trend in the markets moving money out of extravagantly valued growth stocks. If you think that trend is over, might as well jump in now. If you think that trend will continue, keep in mind that their current market cap is still  higher than the next 11 auto manufacturers combined, and they have less than 1% of the global market share. They remain in the royalty of ridiculously valued stocks. They are executing and the market still has shaved 30% off their market cap. IMO for the short term, market trends will have more influence over TSLA stock price than their actual performance.

Edited by Blotto

51 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Can you bring me back up to speed on them?  I have been interested in what they do, and even held them for a bit here a year or so ago.  Anything at all to look forward to?  I used to be able to stay a lot more up to date on this thread but not able to lately.  Value your opinion, or opposite of it anyhow :) 

EV play - lithium-ion battery recycler, completed a test project last year, building a pilot plant.

No revenues, been at it 10+ years, $50MM in accumulated deficit, 200+MM shares outstanding.

100%  stonk

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

EV play - lithium-ion battery recycler, completed a test project last year, building a pilot plant.

No revenues, been at it 10+ years, $50MM in accumulated deficit, 200+MM shares outstanding.

100%  stonk

NOW DO AZURF!!

It is a Uranium play that someone mentioned on this thread and I immediately bought thousands of shares with zero research so I am kinda curious what it is about honestly now that I think about it. 

Edited by ATexanAbroad
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ATexanAbroad said:

NOW DO AZURF!!

It is a Uranium play that someone mentioned on this thread and I immediately bought thousands of shares with zero research so I am kinda curious what it is about honestly now that I think about it. 

I'll just give a short summary 

1,000% stonk

• Hook 'Em 2

Volume building in UUUU.  Heavy volume in July calls as well trading at 1.70-1.75. Over 8600 July calls have traded….a lot on the buy side.  Holding the 8000 trading shrs overnight again.  Bought these at 7.875.  Will continue to hold the remaining 25,000 shares purchased at 5.25 for the next several years unless there’s a spike in the price of uranium as occurred in 2007.  That happens and its party time………on my new yacht.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

NOW DO AZURF!!

I mentioned it and I’m still holding my shares. It’s one of those companies that will bounce 5% each way daily so you can make money on that. If one of their exploration sites hits even a small deposit, it’ll bounce to around $1.

Sold the 8000 share block of UUUU at $9.60.  Made a nice profit.  Was hoping Biden would announce sanctions on Rosatom this morning.  I’m sure all the people who bought those July calls are betting on that happening.  It may still happen, but I’ve got a bird in the hand.  Now, I’m liquid to the tune of over $100,000 and still have 25,000 shares of UUUU. I have to keep reminding myself every trade doesn’t have to be a home run into the deep center field seats.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Dow up 1.5% yet my whole portfolio is down 2%... make it stop

Was thinking the same thing. It's a twist on the Grand Old Duke of York: When it's up, we're down, and when it's down we're down, and when it's only halfway up, we're still down.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

What should we be buying here? My tech stocks are so wrecked I'm considering selling most of my o&g and just start doubling down.

I'm holding low-multiple value stuff and it's getting merked.  Oil / metals / commodities had a nice YTD run but is reverting back to the mean.  Only interate rate futures are doing well, but it also means bonds are getting killed.

1278_1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

26 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

I'm holding low-multiple value stuff and it's getting merked.  Oil / metals / commodities had a nice YTD run but is reverting back to the mean.  Only interate rate futures are doing well, but it also means bonds are getting killed.

1278_1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Do you know if the makers are publicly traded?

On 3/11/2022 at 11:51 AM, Harrison Stafford said:

Sold the 8000 share block of UUUU at $9.60.  Made a nice profit.  Was hoping Biden would announce sanctions on Rosatom this morning.  I’m sure all the people who bought those July calls are betting on that happening.  It may still happen, but I’ve got a bird in the hand.  Now, I’m liquid to the tune of over $100,000 and still have 25,000 shares of UUUU. I have to keep reminding myself every trade doesn’t have to be a home run into the deep center field seats.

Friday’s 9000 share trade of UUUU @ $9.60 was fortuitous.  Oscillators starting to roll over.  Could be a while.  Looking for 7-71/2 to reenter a trading position.  Of course, if Biden announces sanctions on Rosatom, that plan is screwed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I welcome the newest member of the stonk investor club 

AMC Entertainment Holdings, buying 22% of Hycroft Mining (HYMC), buying stock and getting 23 million warrants. Along Eric Sprott matching the AMC investment, HYMC is getting $56MM

HYMC is a silver mining play, that was $7 a year ago, and $0.30 a month ago, and $1.39 yesterday.

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

I welcome the newest member of the stonk investor club 

AMC Entertainment Holdings, buying 22% of Hycroft Mining (HYMC), buying stock and getting 23 million warrants. Along Eric Sprott matching the AMC investment, HYMC is getting $56MM

HYMC is a silver mining play, that was $7 a year ago, and $0.30 a month ago, and $1.39 yesterday.

The stock was trading at about $7 pre pandemic, when its revenues were more than 2X what they are now and in a good year they would post net income of ~$100 million. Now they have been losing ~$1B per year in the Covid environment. In conjunction with the meteoric rise in AMC stock price, they also issued a shit ton more shares(104 million to about 514 million outstanding). Net result is a market cap of approx 10X what it was pre-covid. Makes no sense to me, but neither does GME and they seem to have a common fan base in the retail community. Reddit apes gonna ape, I guess. 

image.png.6bb574e50e750534ec76fcbd95f82ae0.png

fuck me in the goat ass.  i had some short /VX futures contract expiring today.  i put it in a roll order on monday to maintain the same notional short position (i.e. close existing contract, open the next one for slight price difference).  i never bothered to check that the order filled.  and yesterday i stayed away from the trading app and forgot all about it.  oops.  it expired at a settlement price higher than my short, so i took a cash lost.

today, the next /VX futures is sinking because market is rallying.  wouldve been a good chunk of profit.  😤😤😤

Edited by 52-80

19 hours ago, Blotto said:

The stock was trading at about $7 pre pandemic, when its revenues were more than 2X what they are now and in a good year they would post net income of ~$100 million. Now they have been losing ~$1B per year in the Covid environment. In conjunction with the meteoric rise in AMC stock price, they also issued a shit ton more shares(104 million to about 514 million outstanding). Net result is a market cap of approx 10X what it was pre-covid. Makes no sense to me, but neither does GME and they seem to have a common fan base in the retail community. Reddit apes gonna ape, I guess. 

I think you missed the point, AMC isn't the stonk, they (or whomever the genius is running that movie theater company) has put $25MM into a silver mining stonk; likely trying to really the WSBets Reddit crowd

57 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I think you missed the point, AMC isn't the stonk, they (or whomever the genius is running that movie theater company) has put $25MM into a silver mining stonk; likely trying to really the WSBets Reddit crowd

Thats where we disagree. AMC is every bit the stonk here as the CEO is grasping at straws, doing whatever he can to keep his stock price inflated. I would have expected a crypto/NFT play, but I guess since fellow stonk GME is going down that path, he opted for precious metals mining in the midst of inflationary fears. 

AMY ready for demonstration plant commissioning.

American Manganese's RecycLiCo Demonstration Plant Equipment Ready for Commissioning

4:00 am ET March 15, 2022 (Accesswire) Print

SURREY, BC / ACCESSWIRE / March 15, 2022 / American Manganese Inc. (TSXV:AMY)(OTCQB:AMYZF)(FSE:2AM) ("AMY" or the "Company"), a pioneer in advanced lithium-ion battery cathode recycling-upcycling, and its independent R&D contractor Kemetco Research Inc. ("Kemetco") are pleased to report that the equipment in the Company's demonstration plant is ready for commissioning. The plant is designed to demonstrate the RecycLiCo process in continuous operating conditions that will enable American Manganese to run the complete process and provide input for commercial operation.

"The demonstration plant project is a pivotal and defining moment that will demonstrate the RecycLiCo process' ability to operate at real-world operating conditions and provide actionable feedback towards the design and development of commercial lithium-ion battery recycling-upcycling plants," said Larry Reaugh, President and CEO of American Manganese. "We will be working with third parties to validate the demonstration plant's operating efficiencies and qualify large quantities of recycled-upcycled material to aid in the progression of strategic partnerships."

The Company has received cathode scrap feedstock, with an NMC (lithium-nickel-manganese-cobalt oxide) chemistry, which is used in the latest generation electric vehicles. Once commissioned, the initial testing and operation of the demonstration plant system will commence with mechanical shredding of the cathode scrap and characterization of the feed material for hydrometallurgical processing. The hydrometallurgical processing is scheduled to run continuously while simultaneously measuring data points to monitor and collect process efficiencies. The demonstration plant will include the following core unit operations at the planned cathode scrap processing capacity of 500 kg/day:

• Shredding of cathode scrap materials and separating the active cathode material from aluminum foils
  • Leaching active cathode material (lithium, nickel, manganese, and cobalt) and removing impurities
  • Producing a high purity mixed nickel-manganese-cobalt hydroxide and lithium carbonate

After the initial demonstration plant program, AMY intends to continue additional operation testing of unit operations to produce upcycled materials for interested third parties. These unit operations will include the production of precursor cathode active material, lithium hydroxide, and lithium sulfate products to the desired specifications for lithium-ion battery re-manufacturing.

The global push for sustainability, rising fossil fuel prices, and supply chain instability have significantly influenced the demand and supply trends for battery metals such as lithium, nickel, cobalt, and manganese. AMY continues to advance commercialization of its intellectual property to provide a sustainable supply of these critical materials.

• Hook 'Em 3