Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

1 hour ago, Hefeweizen said:

They can move faster than that, though, right?  It’s just the worst case date?

Yes, the FDA can move faster and here’s hoping they will.  There will be 81,180 new cases and 17,100 deaths from bladder cancer this year according to American Cancer Society estimates. I’m pissed IBRX’s bladder cancer drug submission hasn’t already gotten a priority review voucher.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Some interesting market fuckery going on with AMTD digital. Some fintech company out of China that briefly spiked to a market cap of $450 billion today (bigger than WMT, XOM, FB)

AMTD Digital (NYSE:HKD) showed again that is the latest meme stock poster child as the Hong Kong-based developer of digital entertainment platforms watched its shares rocketed up by more than 150% in value on Tuesday.

Never heard of AMTD Digital (HKD)? You probably have plenty of company.

AMTD (HKD) went public on July 15 when it raised $125M in the largest Chinese company IPO in the U.S. this year. Since going public less than three weeks ago, AMTD (HKD) shares have soared by...wait for it...15,060%, and were at $1,800 a piece in Tuesday's trading session.

So, what's behind AMTD's (HKD) eye-popping rise? Well, not a lot.

The company has about 185M shares outstanding, but a relatively low share float--the number of shares that the public can buy and sell on a daily basis--of just 19M shares. That situation sets AMTD (HKD) shares up for wild price swings and manipulation from traders. Tuesday's gains came on the heels of an 85% rise on Monday, a 122% gain last Friday and a rise of almost 135% last Thursday.

Those rapid, and arguably unprecedented gains in AMTD (HKD) shares even left company officials at a loss for words.

On Monday, AMTD (HKD) said in a statement that it appreciated the support of the investment community as its shares "are still undergoing our initial stabilization." AMTD (HKD) said that with regards to why its shares have performed so wildly since it went public.

"To our knowledge, there are no material circumstances, events nor other matters relating to our company's business and operating activities since the IPO date," the company said.

AMTD (HKD) did say that its underwriters had been granted a so-called "green-shoe option" to acquire AMTD (HKD) stock at a great discount to the company's current share price.

AMTD (HKD) said its underwriters will have an option to buy 2.4M shares of stock at $7.80 a share--or AMTD's (HKD) IPO share price.

Seems perfectly normal for a company with what I can tell has  ~50 employees and 2021 revenue of ~20 million. 

image.png.3303e48a729fcc6a988daf53226791ae.png

22 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Some interesting market fuckery going on with AMTD digital. Some fintech company out of China that briefly spiked to a market cap of $450 billion today (bigger than WMT, XOM, FB)

Seems perfectly normal for a company with what I can tell has  ~50 employees and 2021 revenue of ~20 million. 

image.png.3303e48a729fcc6a988daf53226791ae.png

Damn.  No options available...yet.  

Took profits on EOSE ahead of earnings and am awaiting a good reentry point.

Really debating what to do with AMYZF .  It’s pretty much flat for me and I don’t see any catalysts.  I made a little on the original run up but my basis now is around 48 cents.

Lastly, holding IBRX.  I plan to buy wherever it’s under 4.

I have been out of ALPP and HMBL for a while and won’t go back.  I don’t think either will survive long term.

stonks is back

On 8/2/2022 at 10:29 PM, Trey3216 said:

Damn.  No options available...yet.  

i tried shorting on tuesday but broker flashed (annualized) borrow rate as a few thousand percent... no thanks

tried again on wednesday at a more reasonable 300% except when i tried to send the order they said no shares found.  ah well.

currently have short on CVNA at 45

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2022 at 4:18 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

thats-not-how-this-works.gif&f=1&nofb=1

On 7/19/2022 at 7:26 PM, Hefeweizen said:

This post is going to age like fine milk.  

Given the expedited trial date setting Skadden may be buying those 55 gallon lube drums in Amazon for Musk.

Looks like lawyers told Elon to raise some cash. 

Lol at “Twitter forces”. It’d be the court forcing it. 

For those holding IBRX, here's a fairly detailed update on the progress of the company (both product pipeline and financials). I dont know shit about fuck regarding the sciency stuff, so I cant speak for the accuracy, but there is a fair amount of info. You may have to create a free account on SA to read it, and the article has too many charts and pictures to bother copy/paste: 

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4531181-immunitybio-compelling-data-in-bladder-cancer-funding-issues-remain

12ft IO may also bypass the paywall if you get blocked (https://12ft.io/)

Completely unrelated, but I saw this on WSB earlier, which cracked me up

image.png.324e9709497ec0ec704c434db80f20d1.png

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

UUUU +.94 to 7.  Japan reversing its stance on nuclear energy and committing to restarting its fleet as well as researching “next generation” reactors.  Nuclear power is the only alternative to coal for stable baseload power that can truly cut the emissions of CO2 to nearly zero. It is just that simple.  Holding 30,000 shrs of UUUU at avg cost of 5.64.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

UUUU +.94 to 7.  Japan reversing its stance on nuclear energy and committing to restarting its fleet as well as researching “next generation” reactors.  Nuclear power is the only alternative to coal for stable baseload power that can truly cut the emissions of CO2 to nearly zero. It is just that simple.  Holding 30,000 shrs of UUUU at avg cost of 5.64.

I may get back on the U coaster at the right time.  I’ve been swing trading EOSE, trying to buy under 2 and selling whenever it goes over 2.5.  That stock has so much downward pressure from shorts it’s scary.

19 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

If his tweets are moving the needle I’d be a little puckered up.  Because it can go the other way too.

Sure, Elon can move a stock(s) with his rhetoric, but nuclear energy’s coming in a big way regardless of what he says or thinks..  IMHO, It’s the most practical and reasonable method to reduce carbon emissions.  Holding 30,000 shares of UUUU at avg cost of 5.64.  

image.thumb.png.a3d69523bca7f7f95eb7350b3339b940.png

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

I'm sure this means all the books are in order for BBBY.  

CNBC takes the lead in the "insensitive headline" of the week contest....

18ijr9xgz8m91.jpg

I guess Tipranks would be to blame for that one, as they are the affiliate

Edited by Blotto
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Is IBRX like fight club, not supposed to talk about it? Up 15% today and I don’t see any news.

Apparently PSS injected 125 million in liquidity.  The big concern with them is runway length, but with a big wallet behind them the reality is dilution off shareholders is likeliest.  I have sold about half my holdings in this one just to deploy the money elsewhere because I think it’s going to be a while before more v positive news comes out.  

1 hour ago, Brew said:

Shit, I really want to jump back in to lower my cost basis further. However, based on my history this year with stocks I read about on the internet, there is a high likelihood that will immediately lead to it cratering again. 

IBRX reaches a high today of 7.80 at 9:20am, you post 10 minutes later with @Wally Fairway immediately piling on and we're back at 6.59.  

sad-rain.gif

• Haha 3

I’m the anti Wally.  I sold a lot of ibrx as it got close to 6.   Leading to the spike in price.

As soon as I got out of UUUU it climbed.

For what it’s worth I’m all in on an Brazilian fertilizer company with a fascinating story; VNPKF.  It’s not a short term stonk play though.  

my only remaining stonk besides  is that bitch AMYZF which sits there and taunts me with dollar cost averaging.

• Hook 'Em 1