Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

20 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

The Biotech sector (which has taken a serious beatdown since February 2021) is showing signs of life.  Look at a 5 year chart of LABU (S&P Biotech Bull 3x Shares).  It peaked in early 2021 at $162 and today it's $6.  Stock sectors fall in and out of favor and biotech has been out for the count, but it ain't gonna be punch-drunk forever.

Holey shit - that thing is like trying to catch a falling knife, that is on fire and holding a loaded gun, as bad as it is you could have picked LABD (bear 3x). That shit is for trading, not holding; even too stonky for the small high risk portion of my portfolio. XBI maybe, but not something 3X, with high costs.

Another strong day for biotech with RVPH +.71 to $6.11, IBRX +.25 to $2.54, and GERN plus $.13 to $2.64.  

KRTX was a $15-$17 stock in late 2019.  As their schizophrenia drug went through trials it went to the 70s, worked its way to 140, and when they met their end points of the last trial, it jumped to $280…. all while issuing more stock along the way. The stock pulled back in March because their drug exhibited hypertension issues. KRTX has about 1 1/2 times more shares outstanding than RVPH.  If RVPH finishes their last trials with no issues and better safety and, most importantly, better tolerability numbers, I wonder how they might value it?  Bought 1000 more shares of RVPH today at $6.03 and will buy another 1000 if there’s a pullback to 5.20-5.25.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

IBRX with a nice move up today.  I'm only down 77% now!

Your post inspired me to buy more, in order to average down (the only way to properly #stonk), dropped my average cost by 1/2, and now I only need IBRX to go up about 2.7x instead of over 5x. Feels like I am ready to make some money. 
#stonklife - eating saltines tonite with ketchup packets from when I could afford chicken tenders

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Your post inspired me to buy more, in order to average down (the only way to properly #stonk), dropped my average cost by 1/2, and now I only need IBRX to go up about 2.7x instead of over 5x. Feels like I am ready to make some money. 
#stonklife - eating saltines tonite with ketchup packets from when I could afford chicken tenders

I gotta be honest, the same thought crossed my mind, but I resisted the urge. I'm an oak.

4 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

I'm up on my shares that reduced my average cost, now I'm close to only needing it to double so I can break even

Might be tendies or Wendy's here soon. That 5/23 PDUFA deadline coming up will be interesting. Barring the entire market taking a huge shit, I expect we'll continue to see the price creep up in anticipation the next couple of weeks. The way I see it, I can only lose another $3 per share plus my 6/23 $5c's on the announcement...... but dat upside.

image.jpeg.23821db5fecb18229594d324cbdf0afb.jpeg

• Haha 2

On 4/28/2023 at 9:27 AM, BurdineBandit said:

$EOSE down about 30% over the past week... Thought I was firmly in under the floor at 1.70.......... Until I wasn't.

Yeah, I was up like 45% and now I'm down 5%. What's the story with this? Yes, I'm too lazy to research it myself.

14 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Yeah, I was up like 45% and now I'm down 5%. What's the story with this? Yes, I'm too lazy to research it myself.

Waiting on a DOE loan from what I can tell.  Very speculative right now but that’s how we roll.  My basis is 1.68 so I’m in lower than most.

21 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

IBRX making me feel better about my horrible record since I rode ALPP and HMBL to uncharted heights…

21 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

"from the depths of the sea, back to the black..." 

21 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Wake me when it hits 12.

7kjfcx.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

My $5 June calls are up about 200% since I picked them up mid-april. Torn between cashing out now and using the profits to further lower my IBRX cost average (sitting around $9/Share), or just letting them ride and hope the price rockets well above $5 when the FDA makes a decision here shortly. the responsible thing would probably be to cash out and buy shares.  But if I was a responsible investor, I probably wouldn't have bought into IBRX at $14.....and $10.....and $6.....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

My $5 June calls are up about 200% since I picked them up mid-april. Torn between cashing out now and using the profits to further lower my IBRX cost average (sitting around $9/Share), or just letting them ride and hope the price rockets well above $5 when the FDA makes a decision here shortly. the responsible thing would probably be to cash out and buy shares.  But if I was a responsible investor, I probably wouldn't have bought into IBRX at $14.....and $10.....and $6.....

Somebody thinks IBRX’s bladder cancer drug is going to get FDA approval.  Let those options ride 

image.gif.b6018db9f19f83da844ee4f397d93e7b.gif

Sold 10,000 shares of UUUU and 12,900 shares of EOSE to raise cash to buy more RVPH.  Set a GTC order to buy 3000 shares of RVPH at 8.05 and another 3000 shares at 7.60.  That still leaves me with plenty of dry powder to buy more should there be a mega down day.  There’s always a risk, but if their drug hits it’s endpoints in July,  we’re talking mucho dinero.  Holding 3000 shares of RVPH at 4.89.  

Edited by Harrison Stafford

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

You should cash them out, and then buy $10 calls for the June strike with all the money.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Sold 10,000 shares of UUUU and 12,900 shares of EOSE to raise cash to buy more RVPH.  Set a GTC order to buy 3000 shares of RVPH at 8.05 and another 3000 shares at 7.60.  That still leaves me with plenty of dry powder to buy more should there be a mega down day.  There’s always a risk, but if their drug hits it’s endpoints in July,  we’re talking mucho dinero.  Holding 3000 shares of RVPH at 4.89.  

OMG - it is like playing #stonk roulette; you are making me feel like a simpleton in the stonk world.

Due to some unfortunate market timing, I had to put some of the finishing touches on hold. But with the latest runup, I'm thinking a fresh coat of paint may be in order.....maybe a wine fridge, a disco ball. Nothing too crazy......yet. 

image.png.5eed5073886dedfed815fe554fb02747.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, Blotto said:

My $5 June calls are up about 200% since I picked them up mid-april. Torn between cashing out now and using the profits to further lower my IBRX cost average (sitting around $9/Share), or just letting them ride and hope the price rockets well above $5 when the FDA makes a decision here shortly. the responsible thing would probably be to cash out and buy shares.  But if I was a responsible investor, I probably wouldn't have bought into IBRX at $14.....and $10.....and $6....

IBRX +1.34 to 5.21.  How are those options looking?

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

IBRX +1.34 to 5.21.  How are those options looking?

Danaykroyd Looking Good GIF - Danaykroyd Looking Good Cheers - Discover &  Share GIFs

1 minute ago, nycHorn said:

There has to be news incoming right? Nothing runs like this without news.
Or maybe it’s just stonk life baby.

I think the consensus is that the FDA is going to approve the drug. All reported data  to date indicates that would be likely. The reasons for the stock performance over the last year deal more with the financials, debt etc... Even with approval, they will likely have to issue more stock just to get the product to market. I just hope they do it at a price of $20 and not $2 like they did recently. 

Another factor might be the short interest. Reported numbers are all over the place, but I'm guessing at least 20% of the float was shorted, which may be causing some pain. 

image.png.204a0738733bde965f624f470f7f52e5.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

It looks like 25 percent of the stock was short.  I think this squeeze is going to fuck some assholes up!  My 1.69 cost basis is wanting a move running past 10.

Just think about the people with a cost basis of $20+, not that anyone here bought at those levels

• Rage+1 1