The Last of Us coming to HBO

rage-a-holic

Welp. It was a good run...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/whiskey-fungus-fed-jack-daniels-125723030.html

The ethanol-fueled fungus known as whiskey fungus has thrived for centuries around distilleries and bakeries....residents have complained that a sooty, dark crust has blanketed homes, cars, road signs, bird feeders, patio furniture and trees as the fungus has spread uncontrollably, fed by alcohol vapors wafting from charred oak barrels of aging Jack Daniel’s whiskey.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Welp. It was a good run...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/whiskey-fungus-fed-jack-daniels-125723030.html

The ethanol-fueled fungus known as whiskey fungus has thrived for centuries around distilleries and bakeries....residents have complained that a sooty, dark crust has blanketed homes, cars, road signs, bird feeders, patio furniture and trees as the fungus has spread uncontrollably, fed by alcohol vapors wafting from charred oak barrels of aging Jack Daniel’s whiskey.

Well, I certainly picked a good decade to get sober.

“It’s okay baby girl, I got you.”

giphy.gif

And a little glimpse into the “bad shit” Joel, Tommy and Tess did to survive.

And nice call back to the map strategy Joel used with Native couple with the map. These motherfuckers didn’t make him soup so Nice Guy Joel let Savage Joel come out to play.

Give Bella Ramsey and Pedro Pascal ALL the awards.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 6

It's okay. I believe him. 

The utter rage with both of them is so well done. Joel had something to push through all the pain for. 

A little glimpse of Lady Mormont against the giant came out in that episode. 

The dude was totally David Koresh-ing the wives and daughters in that place, right?

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Game Joel this episode and Game Ellie the next episode, sweet.

Also, this episode, which was awesome, was pretty much a re-creation of a matching portion in the game. Right down to that line Joel says at the end. And it hits the same.

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

The watch and the first time he’s said “baby girl” in 20 years…….

a44d52ad02506209cdb6c7fb74d4db1f.jpg

I can’t believe next week is the last episode. What am I gonna watch to destroy me emotionally now?

Charlie Strong era football game replays....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

“It’s okay baby girl, I got you.”

giphy.gif

And a little glimpse into the “bad shit” Joel, Tommy and Tess did to survive.

And nice call back to the map strategy Joel used with Native couple with the map. These motherfuckers didn’t make him soup so Nice Guy Joel let Savage Joel come out to play.

Give Bella Ramsey and Pedro Pascal ALL the awards.

if i had to guess the gif you would use after this episode...

raising arizona GIF

i would've almost nailed it.

• Haha 3

Wow. Been following this thread as I watch but this episode drew my first post. Ellie and Joel choosing violence and reuniting at the end. Him holding her and calling her baby girl….  That’s what I sometimes call my daughter (similar age as Ramsey, not Ellie) so that hit hard. 

I had never even heard of this game so I don’t know anything about anything but this show is legit. Pascal and Ramsey are killing it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

The watch and the first time he’s said “baby girl” in 20 years…….

a44d52ad02506209cdb6c7fb74d4db1f.jpg

I can’t believe next week is the last episode. What am I gonna watch to destroy me emotionally now?

Longhorn football. Duh. 

• Haha 1

I admit my early reaction was “Oh the old white Christian guy is evil, how novel” but then…

What a great episode. I don’t even have any nits to pick. At first 20 years of cannibalism didn’t make sense, but then he said the winter was extraordinarily bad. So it was an Alive situation (plus a psychopath).

9 hours ago, tchookem said:
10 hours ago, Haphap said:
Holy Cripes! that was intense!

Yeah, now imagine that as a boss battle. Running around the restaurant hiding from David, sneaking up behind him, stabbing and running. Takes like 20 minutes... if you don't get killed.

That fucking part took me like 30 tries. You die instantly if you barely touch fire.

The whole scene of David coaxing the monster out of Ellie hits on so many levels. The initial grooming when they meet like you know that creep has done with so many others.

She's never the same except that brief moment when she recognized Joel was still alive

So every time someone dies, they go from rationing to having full-sized meals, and no one gets a little suspicious? Must be a hell of a chef to keep people convinced it's venison.

I assume by the three bodies hanging up to drain that those "scavenger parties" to nearby towns are also looking for fresh meat, and they're not just eating their own dead?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1