2021 Texas Baseball

petscii

12 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

What exactly does Lowell Galindo have to do to lose his job?  Is there a gofundme?

Surely we have some tech-savvy folks around here who could create a deepfake video that would get him fired.

12 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Once I met some girl at a LF tailgate that worked for LHN and she was dumbfounded when I told her that everyone hates Galindo. 

I'm dumbdounded that she was dumbfounded.  What did she think the opinion of him was?

Guest Lobo

He's apparently well-liked both at LHN and around the Athletic Dept.  Bill Little likes him and that dude doesn't like most people.  

Lowell annoys me on the air, but he's okay in real life.  His wife was smoking hot last time I saw her and very sweet, is that anything?  

I talked to one of the stadium managers I know at the first game this year and he told me the higher ups at UT didn't want anybody at the games this year inside or out. He said CDC wanted to open it up so they basically agreed to do nothing and see what would happen.

I talked to CDC outside the stadium a couple of weeks ago and he said he was basically doing all that he was allowed to do and that the university was following the city of Austin's guidelines.

The ticket situation has been a shit show. Not selling season tickets to everybody that wanted to renew. When they did decide to open up the box office they should have offered those tickets to the season ticket holders they turned down first.

They should have suspended resale on StubHub for this season. I talked to multiple people that paid hundreds of dollars for tickets off StubHub that had know idea they could walk up to the box office and get better tickets for $14

I think they might play kinda of loose with the 50% capacity but it won't be advertised. It's going to be kinda like some of the restraunt managers I've asked what their capacity was at 50% and they had know idea what there capacity was. CDC has told people on his twitter that were worried about showing up and not getting tickets to show up and they would get in.

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo
4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

That's good news for our home-field advantage.  If NCAA and state and local all agree, and people know ahead of time what they're getting themselves into...I say let's do 100%.  I bet CDC had some input on that, kudos to him.  

What is bullshit though is I can sit and scream among thousands of fellow unmasked fans for 3 hours and that's okay with the NCAA despite there still being some communit spread at outdoor events where people are packed in like sardines.  But the NCAA will be goddamned if I'm seen drinking a beer on television.  I remember that hospitality tent we all had to crowd into during the Tennessee Tech daytime super regional games to drink like teenagers behind a gas station.  Like a fucking sauna in there, but worse.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

That's good news for our home-field advantage.  If NCAA and state and local all agree, and people know ahead of time what they're getting themselves into...I say let's do 100%.  I bet CDC had some input on that, kudos to him.  

What is bullshit though is I can sit and scream among thousands of fellow unmasked fans for 3 hours and that's okay with the NCAA despite there still being some communit spread at outdoor events where people are packed in like sardines.  But the NCAA will be goddamned if I'm seen drinking a beer on television.  I remember that hospitality tent we all had to crowd into during the Tennessee Tech daytime super regional games to drink like teenagers behind a gas station.  Like a fucking sauna in there, but worse.  

Hey, thanks NCAA, but we’ve been try this for a while now and don’t seem to have much progress. We’ll keep fucking that horse though. 

Guest Lobo
15 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

something different than expected? 

I was thinking maybe he might shuffle it up due to the rain and the fact we may only get in two games and WVU may save some shit for their play-in game with Kansas since they can't do better than 8th in the league.  But between the rotation and revised weather by PhDhorn, I guess we're probably just doing a normal 3 games this weekend.  Shit, I dunno.  It looked like biblical floods yesterday.  It's a good thing, means we can run down TCU for #1 conf. seed. and turn around Wednesday and play a gassed WVU again with whomever we want to start and hopefully coast through our bracket.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I was thinking maybe he might shuffle it up due to the rain and the fact we may only get in two games and WVU may save some shit for their play-in game with Kansas since they can't do better than 8th in the league.  But between the rotation and revised weather by PhDhorn, I guess we're probably just doing a normal 3 games this weekend.  Shit, I dunno.  It looked like biblical floods yesterday.  It's a good thing, means we can run down TCU for #1 conf. seed. and turn around Wednesday and play a gassed WVU again with whomever we want to start and hopefully coast through our bracket.  

Yeah you’re wayyyy over thinking this. As usual 

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

No, when it comes to Longhorn baseball.......Pierce overthinks, Lobo overdrinks.  But he's having a kickass year, and I'm enjoying watching it.  Just thought the weather might play more of a factor in case we only get two games in.  But hey, more baseball for us.  Either way, WVU is due from Austin to Morgantown to OKC on Sunday to Monday to Tuesday.  Now that's gonna require some overthinking and some overdrinking.  

- Interesting to see how team performs after 11 day break.   Pros/cons either way.   Pro is they know they are playing for a conference title.

- WVU also has incentive.  Playing for last spot in conference tournament.  Currently tied with Kansas and WVU has tiebreaker after taking 2/3 from Kansas.  Kansas plays Tech in Lubbock.

- WVU currently last in conference in hitting (.254) and fielding(.960),  7th in pitching (5.12)    Randy Mazey is well respected coach,  5 years at TCU, not sure of problem.  Like Schloss,  they rarely sacrifice but run alot.

-  Pierce is 4-5 vs WVU.    iirc Augie wasn't much better.   They have always been a tough out. 

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

He's apparently well-liked both at LHN and around the Athletic Dept.  Bill Little likes him and that dude doesn't like most people.  

Lowell annoys me on the air, but he's okay in real life.  His wife was smoking hot last time I saw her and very sweet, is that anything?  

Yes. It means he has a good looking wife (or did).

He is still ANNOYING. And we should have someone that knows baseball calling our games. Dude's schtick was lame years ago and yet we still have to put up with it. 

"They have always been a tough out."

This....baseball can be a crazy game.  No matter who you are playing, there is absolutely no guarantee how your team will perform on a given day.  If a pitcher gets hot, they can make us look stupid.  We are good at screwing up when we should be taking care of business.  We should win, but ya gotta play the game.  We need to win all three....but, we shall see.

On 5/18/2021 at 8:13 AM, Machinator said:

My wife likes free shit so she went to get one to match the hoops one from March.  The stores obviously don't like these as one was rude AF and told her they didn't have them and the other store gave her all of them.  So we have 7 I think that she is going to give to nephews, etc.

IMG_1848.thumb.jpg.1adc033b410edc9cc97751bdfb7d15a9.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

My wife likes free shit so she went to get one to match the hoops one from March.  The stores obviously don't like these as one was rude AF and told her they didn't have them and the other store gave her all of them.  So we have 7 I think that she is going to give to nephews, etc.

IMG_1848.thumb.jpg.1adc033b410edc9cc97751bdfb7d15a9.jpg

Wait... Your wife is rude AF?

Pics?

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

Jackson Wolf looks pretty good. He has better SO/9 and K/BB numbers than Madden, with a 1.12 WHIP. Expecting a low-scoring affair tomorrow.

Wolf pitched the Saturday game against us in 2019. He was ok, but Henley was awful. We salvaged the Sunday game behind Madden and a 3-inning save from Parmesan Bocchi.

Haven't seen or heard anything regarding additional softball tickets when the regional starts in 2 days. Of the 16 regionals, Bama, UK, UW, UCLA, ASU, and us haven't announced full capacity yet. Our softball regional sold out 50% in about 5 mins so if we were going to release additional tickets for an event that starts Friday, I assume it would've happened already.

I can't imagine we'd follow different protocols for baseball vs softball. Basically, don't get your hopes up that we're going beyond 50%. 

On 5/19/2021 at 9:25 AM, Lobo said:

Bill Little sucks shit through a straw.  This is not a surprise.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Yes. It means he has a good looking wife (or did).

He is still ANNOYING. And we should have someone that knows baseball calling our games. Dude's schtick was lame years ago and yet we still have to put up with it. 

I imagine Lowell boning her and screaming out different variations of "Oppo!" and "Velo!!!" while climaxing.

Edited by Cajun
I didn't say it was a pleasant image.
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

On 5/19/2021 at 10:40 AM, Machinator said:

Get it done CDC with The Disch and McCombs....  I hope to be up there two weeks from today for the Girls High School State Softball tourney and then the week after that for the 4A baseball tourney.  Would love to see some regional action while up there too.

Edited by Nueces River Rat

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

Bill Little sucks shit through a straw.  This is not a surprise.

Listening to him sit next to Craig on the radio broadcast is a beating. He explains the play that just happened like we’re 5 year olds 

“Yeah Craig, what happened there was Mark Payton shortened up and grounding a single to right. By rule, if the ball is on the ground, they gotta throw him out at first but fortunately for Payton it snuck though the right side of the infield for a base hit”

Peter Geib

Baseball

Communication & Leadership, minor in Business

Patrick Mathis

Baseball

Applied Learning & Development, minor in Kinesiology

Murphy Stehly

Baseball

Physical Culture & Sports, minor in Business

Palmer Wenzel

Baseball

MS Information Technology and Management,