Tell me about SMU

Longboard Horn

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Enjoy dykes this season… he’ll be coaching at Tech in 3 months

Is Tceh his ambition? Maybe coaching the program his dad coached is cool, but it seems he could go higher if he wants to. I'm not arguing, I just don't know if TT beats out a better program for him.

26 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

Is Tceh his ambition? Maybe coaching the program his dad coached is cool, but it seems he could go higher if he wants to. I'm not arguing, I just don't know if TT beats out a better program for him.

SMU is his rebound after Cal fired him.  Because if that, he’s not going to get a look from any major programs and keeping close/staying in state will probably be most beneficial to him.  That being said, tech is a tough job due to location/recruiting.  He could probably hold out for Houston, Baylor, or TCU if he can wait it out.

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Enjoy dykes this season… he’ll be coaching at Tech in 3 months

While following in Spike's footsteps seems ideal, it's not plausible at the current time. Sonny is building a foundation and winning program at SMU. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. I guarantee SMU will do everything they can to hold on to him. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Reading that stat makes me excited to see how many yards Bijan, Keilan and RoJo will rack up on Saturday

Surely those dudes will have a heck of a game on the ground. Bijan could run for 200. SMU gave them the playbook. Don't underestimate the SMU RB's though...Bentley IV is for real and is currently ranked the #1 RB on PFF. Dude can RUN. SMU's offensive line hasn't given up a sack all year as well. They returned every single starter

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 10.42.07 AM.png

1 hour ago, 1leggedduck said:

Sonny would take the Tech job in a heartbeat if offered.  He's Texas Tech through and through.

14 hours ago, Doak said:

Did OU keep the right guy??

Mordecai will shatter the SMU TD record. 24 through 5 games.

image.png

53 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Probably not. I think they'd be better with Tanner. 

But, recruiting rankings. 

No.

Tanner would be the front runner for the Heisman if they had kept him at OU.

Glad that they didn’t. 

And aggie would kill for a Tanner taking snaps in CS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, horngasm22 said:

Dykes is gonna have it made next year.

-highest paid g5 coach

-no cincy or houston in their conf. possible playoff spot.

-hudson card will throw 350 yds per game

While that is funny, Hudson Card isn't coming to SMU. They got Tanner Mordecai for another season and Preston Stone as a back up. They set. No Cincy or Houston will be nice. Perfect setup to finally win the conference. 

7 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

True. Fingers crossed that if we lose to Cincy, we get a rematch and beat them in the conference championship. That would be epic af!

UH loss makes that tricky. They'd have to lose 3 in conference I think. Only way SMU plays is winning out. 

(And if UH wins out too it would actually keep Cincy out)

Not likely but it could happen. 

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, westexhorn said:

TCU that much better of a job than SMU?

Assuming you quoted the wrong post - but I guess it's a marginally better job. They're in a better conference and have better recent history. It's a little easier to recruit and they have more fan support. It's an average P5 job vs. an above average G5 job. But SMU would match whatever TCU would pay. 

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Our defensive backs are approximately 0-for-15 on playing 50-50 balls.  

Henigan should just throw the ball up downfield and let his receivers battle for it, because they have won every fucking battle today.

And yet Memphis has 14 points. If Mordecai wasn't playing like he just did a bunch of ketmaine we'd be rolling.