Tell me about SMU

Longboard Horn

Once Mordecai leaves, they have a 5 star RS Freshman QB that has been waiting for 2 years. Chose SMU over Bama straight up (recruited by Sark and Banks hah). Preston Stone. Willing to bet they don't skip a beat. 6'5 minimum on entire O-line too and Camar Wheaton running the ball.

If anything, they could be getting better

Edited by Doak

1 hour ago, Doak said:

Once Mordecai leaves, they have a 5 star RS Freshman QB that has been waiting for 2 years. Chose SMU over Bama straight up (recruited by Sark and Banks hah). Preston Stone. Willing to bet they don't skip a beat. 6'5 minimum on entire O-line too and Camar Wheaton running the ball.

If anything, they could be getting better

Such a perfect name for an SMU quarterback.  That name screams out Highland Park.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 9/15/2022 at 9:22 AM, Doak said:

SMU with a big one this weekend @ Maryland. Expecting a win to set up the Iron Skillet showdown next weekend for Sonny's return to the Hilltop to get his ass whooped

On 9/17/2022 at 10:20 PM, LTtxfan said:

Called it.... Ponies lost it in 4th qtr

Maryland      34      SMU   27

On 9/17/2022 at 10:30 PM, ztejas said:

Called that we'd lose a game we weren't favored in?   We were alright. Not enough O down the stretch. This team is just as good as any Dykes iteration. 

Doak post: "Expecting a win".    

My post: "Not sure ponies win at maryland..."

So yeah ztejas, I called the smu loss...  😋

giphy.gif

This is gonna be a fun game... 😋

Last year

TCU vs. SMU: How to watch online, live stream info, game time, TV channel  

One of the top wideouts in college football will be featured when Rashee Rice and the SMU Mustangs (2-1) host the TCU Horned Frogs (2-0) on Saturday, September 24, 2022.

The Horned Frogs took on the Tarleton State Texans in their most recent game, winning 59-17. The Mustangs’ most recent outing ended in a 34-27 loss to the Maryland Terrapins. Max Duggan had 390 yards on 23-of-29 passing (79.3%) for the Frogs in that matchup against the Texans, with five touchdowns and no interceptions. Kendre Miller took 13 carries for 56 yards (4.3 yards per carry) and one touchdown, while adding one reception for 21 yards in the passing game. Jordan Hudson had 76 yards on five catches (15.2 per reception) with one touchdown in that game. Tanner Mordecai threw for 369 yards for the Mustangs against the Terrapins, going 29-for-54 (53.7%) with three touchdowns and two interceptions. Tre Siggers put together a 19-carry, 86-yard game (4.5 yards per attempt), while also adding one reception for one yard . Rice caught 11 passes for 193 yards (17.5 yards per catch).

Below we dig deep into all of the info you need to know about this contest, including how to watch on TV.

TCU vs. SMU Game Info

Game Day: Saturday, September 24, 2022

Game Time: 12:00 PM ET

Stadium: Gerald J. Ford Stadium

TV Channel: ESPN

TCU vs. SMU Betting Info

Spread Favorite: TCU (-1)

Moneyline: TCU (-120), SMU (-101)

Total: 69.5 Points

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/15/2022 at 9:25 AM, Doak said:

Keep an eye on Rashee Rice...the next SMU WR in the NFL. Might be the best one yet. True speed

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 9.24.12 AM.png

Yes may have missed my score prediction (although SMU came away with 0 points on 4 different trips to the redzone and shot themselves in the foot...but I did get my prediction right on Rashee Rice. Dude is a beast. 193 yards receiving against Maryland. Leads the country

Purple kool-aid drinking Frog fans on 247 mostly think it’ll be a rout in favor of TCU. Realistic frogs see SMU’s transfer class, see the fact that SMU is on a 2-game winning streak in the rivalry, and remember a history of close games even when the talent discrepancy is significant. 

6 hours ago, nnm said:

Purple kool-aid drinking Frog fans on 247 mostly think it’ll be a rout in favor of TCU. Realistic frogs see SMU’s transfer class, see the fact that SMU is on a 2-game winning streak in the rivalry, and remember a history of close games even when the talent discrepancy is significant. 

There aren't a lot of data points for this TCU team yet. I guess the win @CU was... decent? We're about as good as we were last year and really should have beat Maryland or taken it to OT - just stunk it up on O late in the game. -2 TCU feels about right. I doubt we get routed at home but it's SMU football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Apparently it's a sellout at Ford. We'll see how laissez faire it is Saturday. 

32,000 capacity. Two fan bases made up of people with affiliation to extremely expensive private schools. Not exactly a threatening environment. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Honestly that's a fucking joke. Just cancel it or have them forfeit. Only reason that's even acceptable is because we have a bye week next week. Totally unfair to the players that actually care about their coursework. 

THAT SAID - as a football fan I have no qualms. Just think that's shitty to ask SMU to accommodate to that degree. 

Edited by ztejas

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Honestly that's a fucking joke. Just cancel it or have them forfeit. Only reason that's even acceptable is because we have a bye week next week. Totally unfair to the players that actually care about their coursework. 

THAT SAID - as a football fan I have no qualms. Just think that's shitty to ask SMU to accommodate to that degree. 

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

You have class every day. Games are only once a week. As a player I would be pissed if I had a game canceled that I prepared for. It’s like, “wow what a waste of time.” 

Just two confirmed. 

Got Roderick Daniels and Chace Cromartie confirmed as sitting out from a source, but that SMU is still working on Record/Nwokobia. Something to monitor with it all.

Cormartie is a 4yr S that doesn't see the field. Daniels hasn't had a grab since wk1. Would prefer not to lose the other two. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Cormartie is a 4yr S that doesn't see the field. Daniels hasn't had a grab since wk1. Would prefer not to lose the other two. 

So Daniels and Cromartie don't play much at smu...  now quitting on their team and expect they'll be able to transfer and collect NIL somewhere else...

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...