Globe Life Field est 2020

TeddyBearStallion

Anybody else excited for this new venue?  Ever since getting into college football in 1999, I've only followed the Rangers twice (2010 and 2011 playoffs).   Lately, I've actually followed the rangers more then I have in these last two decades, just because of the new Venue.  That outfield (and its seating sections) has a lot of intriguing angles to it (esp left field and left-center) and the thought of watching a game indoors in AC during July/August gives me a raging hard-on (no homo).  

Had tickets to the Rangers vs Cardinals exhibition game on the 23rd so I could be there for the first ever baseball game, but now that is cancelled....

Edited by TeddyBearStallion

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sick of the "globe life field looks like minute maid" herp derp. If anything it looks like a new version of Safeco Field. I like the idea of air conditioned baseball in the DFW area but man this new park has little charm. Why is the roof red by the way? It looks strange with the dark green metal and lighter green seats. Might as well call it the christmas warehouse

Ranger's new stadiums are jinxes.  In 1972 the first year of Arlington Stadium, the players struck and the season started late.  In 1994 the new Ballpark in Arlington the season ended in August when the players went on strike.  2020, the Rangers are ready to open their new stadium, the players are ready, but the Coronavirus shuts things down.  Batting 3 for 3 on not playing a full season in their new homes.

Edited by Big Frog II
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

I'm so sick of the "globe life field looks like minute maid" herp derp. If anything it looks like a new version of Safeco Field. I like the idea of air conditioned baseball in the DFW area but man this new park has little charm. Why is the roof red by the way? It looks strange with the dark green metal and lighter green seats. Might as well call it the christmas warehouse

I like the look of the green seats and fence, it provides a nice contrast to the red,white and blue of the color schemes.  I think it has a bit of charm, mainly in the angles of the outfield, the proximity of the seats to the field, but they could add some detail work to the arches, like adding some Texas flair (like stars or longhorns)  to the brick arches like they did on the facade of the old ballpark.  If they find a way to add alot of Texas-themed detail, this park could have alot of charms, the asymmetry itself gives it a head start in that regard.    I think this will be a better park then Minute Maid.  

3 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

Ranger's new stadiums are jinxes.  In 1972 the first year of Arlington Stadium, the players struck and the season started late.  In 1994 the new Ballpark in Arlington the season ended in August when the players went on strike.  2020, the Rangers are ready to open their new stadium, the players are ready, but the Coronavirus shuts things down.  Batting 3 for 3 on not playing a full season in their new homes.

Adding to the jinx factor was them taking the homeplate from the old ballpark and planting it in Globe Life Field after the last game last season.  They did this in 1993 right after the season (taking the home plate from Arlington Stadium and taking it to the Ballpark In Arlington as part of a ceremony and looked what happened with regards to not having any world series titles in won during the rangers tenure in that ballpark.   

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

We did tour at mmp today they said with the turf and roof open field temp at globe life was 160deg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The ballpark was a work of art. The new stadjum is a shitshow. They better hope the a/c works really good.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 10:23 AM, RPM said:

The ballpark was a work of art. The new stadjum is a shitshow. They better hope the a/c works really good.

The ballpark certainly had a strong Texas theme to it which gave it alot of character.  This one, they left that element out and it really has no personality at all, though I love the different angles of the outfield part of the stadium with varying angles and how left field kind of just slants inwards towards center  as if a baseball field is adjoining some another entity.   

I took a tour the week before they opened it up to the public. It's a great ballpark and feels nice inside. It will be awesome during the dog days but man I'm gonna miss the open air atmosphere of April and May games. Chuck better not be lying when he says that the majority of those two months will see roof open games.

On 6/22/2020 at 9:54 PM, HRSchenker said:

I took a tour the week before they opened it up to the public. It's a great ballpark and feels nice inside. It will be awesome during the dog days but man I'm gonna miss the open air atmosphere of April and May games. Chuck better not be lying when he says that the majority of those two months will see roof open games.

I know it doesn't makes sense for about 100 reasons* , but with the Ballpark still there, wish we could play there in April and May, go inside for June, July, August, and September.  Then go back to the Ballpark for the playoffs.  

*#1 being we won't be in the playoffs

On 3/30/2020 at 9:17 PM, Big Frog II said:

So will this one make it 30 years or nah?  How does Arlington have so much tax money to throw around anyway?

It looks like shit. Almost like a budget stadium. I hope it looks good on the inside because the outside has nothing great about it. A bit ironic that the Rangers finally get the stadium with A/C that people have been clamouring for and they'll play a season where the roof will have to stay open. Texas Live! next to it is pretty cool though.

11 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Last month it was explained to me by ballpark staff that the roof must be open but not all the way. That was the only way they could host high school graduations so it will end up looking like this

101651914_10216171196422677_1761622574946582528_n.jpg

Add a train and some restaurants and bars and you have a replica on Minute Made park. The outside however is incredibly ugly.

I had not driven close by the stadium since last fall, so I went yesterday.  It is just as ugly as the pictures look maybe worse.  The side by Texas Live looks okay, but the rest of it is hideous.  What were they thinking, and who signed off on this monstrosity?  The "old" stadium is 1000 times better looking.