Need a Casserole

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Reviving this thread to say that my trusty Lodge 6 Qt developed a little chip on the upper-interior surface after eight years of faithful service.  I emailed Lodge, sent them a couple of pictures, and I have a brand new replacement on the way.  For whatever they may lack in robustness of the coating, Lodge will stand behind their lifetime warranty. 

2 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Reviving this thread to say that my trusty Lodge 6 Qt developed a little chip on the upper-interior surface after eight years of faithful service.  I emailed Lodge, sent them a couple of pictures, and I have a brand new replacement on the way.  For whatever they may lack in robustness of the coating, Lodge will stand behind their lifetime warranty. 

Was that an enameled Dutch oven?

Yes.  Just a small chip on the interior.  I have no idea how it happened.  But they were great and sent me an email today asking me to pick the color of my replacement.

I have a small LC pot like that and I sent them pictures,etc. I never heard back from them but I didn’t follow-up. Might replace it with a Lodge, but I’m moving away from cast iron in favor is stainless. It’s just too damn heavy and I find myself using that as an excuse not to use it.

Now I need to find that email…

6 minutes ago, tigol said:

I have a small LC pot like that and I sent them pictures,etc. I never heard back from them but I didn’t follow-up. Might replace it with a Lodge, but I’m moving away from cast iron in favor is stainless. It’s just too damn heavy and I find myself using that as an excuse not to use it.

Now I need to find that email…

With lodge, on the website, it says to send them a letter, which is what I did.  When I hasn't heard from them, I followed up with an email.  I think they put the two together and got it handled.  I'd mailed them a copy of my receipt.  When I was emailing with them, they never asked for it.

Cuisinart has some enamel-coated steel stuff in addition to some nice enamel-coated cast iron.  My experience with my higher end Cuisinart cookware (and their warranty service) has been very good. 

Edited by dcbc

On 9/6/2023 at 11:29 AM, dcbc said:

With lodge, on the website, it says to send them a letter, which is what I did.  When I hasn't heard from them, I followed up with an email.  I think they put the two together and got it handled.  I'd mailed them a copy of my receipt.  When I was emailing with them, they never asked for it.

Cuisinart has some enamel-coated steel stuff in addition to some nice enamel-coated cast iron.  My experience with my higher end Cuisinart cookware (and their warranty service) has been very good. 

Hold up there chief. You kept a receipt for a dutch oven for 8 years?

• Haha 1