Kayleigh McEnany is Terrible at This Job

Patrick Bateman

• 4 weeks later...

Gee, I can't believe they don't understand how graph works.  I still get graph fatigue 18 mos. into Covid-19 and I look at them for work often.  But we had some really smart people on here break them down for us and I always appreciated that. 

But I think of that time Trump was on with the Axios guy from Australia and the journalist had a few graphs.  Nothing terribly tricky, but somewhat intricate.  And I couldn't fault the President for not understanding every nuance, Trump had been looking at Covid-19 graphs every hour for months from a hundred different sources.  But he flips through them all and then pulls out "his Presidential graph."  And it's four bars of four different countries just showing deaths and it looks like (from the paper and toner profile) that it was printed from some intern office in the press pool 10 minutes before air time.   And he was so proud of himself in that moment, you could see the way he raised his shoulders back up and smirked like, "I have tremendous graphs.  The best graphs.  With this data, I know everything that is going on with Covid-19 all over the world."  And the Axios guy just looks at it like a parent looks at their kids' artwork from school like, "sure ya do buddy...good on ya!"  

Edited by Lobo

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Gee, I can't believe they don't understand how graph works.  I still get graph fatigue 18 mos. into Covid-19 and I look at them for work often.  But we had some really smart people on here break them down for us and I always appreciated that. 

But I think of that time Trump was on with the Axios guy from Australia and the journalist had a few graphs.  Nothing terribly tricky, but somewhat intricate.  And I couldn't fault the President for not understanding every nuance, Trump had been looking at Covid-19 graphs every hour for months from a hundred different sources.  But he flips through them all and then pulls out "his Presidential graph."  And it's four bars of four different countries just showing deaths and it looks like (from the paper and toner profile) that it was printed from some intern office in the press pool 10 minutes before air time.   And he was so proud of himself in that moment, you could see the way he raised his shoulders back up and smirked like, "I have tremendous graphs.  The best graphs.  With this data, I know everything that is going on with Covid-19 all over the world."  And the Axios guy just looks at it like a parent looks at their kids' artwork from school like, "sure ya do buddy...good on ya!"  

it's not that they don't cognitively understand how graphs work - it's that they lack the intellectual curiosity and/or honesty to read any further past the headline that is useful to them. 

See: Daily Texan threads on "totally non-political" issues.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Harvard, White House Press Secretary, to trying to blend in as a sorority alumni advisor at Texas State. 

If this country is lucky, this will all devolve into a 'Best Chest at the Southwest' contest by midnight. 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Harvard, White House Press Secretary, to trying to blend in as a sorority alumni advisor at Texas State. 

Harvard deserves an asterisk.  she transferred there after 2 years at the U of Miami law school.  did one year at Harvard (the easy year).  she didn't originally get into Harvard.  soooooo much easier as a transfer.

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2021 at 5:09 PM, Jive Turkey said:

Harvard deserves an asterisk.  she transferred there after 2 years at the U of Miami law school.  did one year at Harvard (the easy year).  she didn't originally get into Harvard.  soooooo much easier as a transfer.

A third year transfer is weird.  WIkipedia says she was a second-year transfer based on an NYT article from a classmate.  Second year transfers are far more common, but probably not at HLS.

As big a twat as she is, it is rather unseemly for Tribe to comment in that particular way, as an HLS prof about an HLS former student.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

A third year transfer is weird.  WIkipedia says she was a second-year transfer based on an NYT article from a classmate.  Second year transfers are far more common, but probably not at HLS.

As big a twat as she is, it is rather unseemly for Tribe to comment in that particular way, as an HLS prof about an HLS former student.

Fuck her.  She deserves to be pelted with tomatoes wherever she goes; bitch is getting off easy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
10 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Rapinoe is an obvious target of the hate machine. But Biles?  I mean besides being black.

The hate for Biles has been growing since the most recent Olympics when she bowed out of some events. But yeah, being black definitely squares a good third of the country against her by default

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/16/2022 at 10:15 AM, Underdog said:

Want to believe no one is that stupid and that tweet is fake...  but then remember Republican and that equals a special kind of stupid.  

When I see something attributed to a Republican it never occurs to me that it might be fake, no matter how stupid it is.

Edited by Bullneck

On 7/15/2022 at 9:13 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Rapinoe is an obvious target of the hate machine. But Biles?  I mean besides being black.

I feel like we're only a few years away from conservative media types openly debating the question of whether black people or gay people are the bigger problem for America.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I feel like we're only a few years away from conservative media types openly debating the question of whether black people or gay people are the bigger problem for America.

By calling them n-words and f*ggots.

On 7/16/2022 at 8:28 AM, Captainant said:

The hate for Biles has been growing since the most recent Olympics when she bowed out of some events. But yeah, being black definitely squares a good third of the country against her by default

And if she forced herself to compete and hurt the team, you know the right would be all over her for being "selfish", not giving up her spot to someone else, and so on.  The common theme is "black athlete does something that the right wouldn't bat an eye at if it was a white athlete".

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

And if she forced herself to compete and hurt the team, you know the right would be all over her for being "selfish", not giving up her spot to someone else, and so on.  The common theme is "black athlete does something that the right wouldn't bat an eye at if it was a white athlete".

None of the criticisms are ever in good faith. It's the central axiom of the modern conservative. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

she dates a guy on The Texans 

I was referring to Rapinoe with my female/lesbian comment.  Perhaps I should have said "gay".

To clarify:  Biles (female & black), Rapinoe (female and gay).  No slack from the right, and frankly, already written off as sub-human.

Capiche?