Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

31 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Plenty of parking in the new garages, but you can still see the capitol. 

People will be able to stay in their car to watch the game. Like a drive in theater. DKR will be the first stadium to accommodate cars. They can install the speakers to the stalls so the people can still hear what is going on and adzillatron can be moved to the NEZ so they can see the ads. Bottle service will also be available via the concierge that walks around to make sure no one snuck in any outside food or drinks.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

People will be able to stay in their car to watch the game. Like a drive in theater. DKR will be the first stadium to accommodate cars. They can install the speakers to the stalls so the people can still hear what is going on and adzillatron can be moved to the NEZ so they can see the ads. Bottle service will also be available via the concierge that walks around to make sure no one snuck in any outside food or drinks.

Um that sounds awesome.

11 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

aggy crammed 110k into kyle one year when they had only finished one side of their stadium.  We’re not going to get close to that record unless they fully bowl it in like the original plans (which would be stupid with declining attendance nationwide).

Now they might increase capacity to be bigger than aggy who reportedly has 2600 or more seats than our current setup but honestly I believe CDC when he says they haven’t really calculated it because we wouldn’t be adding anymore run of the mill basic seats.  The additional seats will all be club, platform, suite or party deck type seating and the basic bleacher seating will likely go down when they mess with the end zone bleacher and tie it in with sections 1 & 32.  If we simply wanted to have more seats than aggy we could, but that would serve no purpose other than having more than them for a time (until they re-stripe their seats again) and I’m glad our administration isn’t thinking like some of our dumbass mouth breather fans.

This project is mostly about functionality for our players/coaches, selling more premium seats/suites, and giving DKRTMS a much needed update from the bland looking end zone eyesore that is the student bleachers and thrown together LHN platform (not that the LHN platform was necessary but the current one is just visually awful).

I'm sure its been calculated but why put a number out there.  personally I wish they'd take 2 seats off the rows and widen single seat area.  I don't really care about holding the attendance record.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm sure its been calculated but why put a number out there.  personally I wish they'd take 2 seats off the rows and widen single seat area.  I don't really care about holding the attendance record.

I wish they’d do that, but lose some benches and add more chairs. 

3 hours ago, jofus said:

Well you would have enough space if you spend more to knock down the other buildings and upgrade them too. 

Richest athletic department in the country for years. supposedly one of the wealthiest alumni bases really means no money to do shit.  No stadium has ever been built on a hillside or tight space ever.

15 minutes ago, rantanamo said:

Richest athletic department in the country for years. supposedly one of the wealthiest alumni bases really means no money to do shit.  No stadium has ever been built on a hillside or tight space ever.

Listen. You just don’t move 25 foot tall dirt also known as a hill. That’s some next level engineering shit that hasn’t been attempted since antiquity. You see any ancient civilizations still alive and kicking?  No you don’t. Leave the hills be I say. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I think something that might be getting lost on some is that these "party platforms" are areas where far more people will be able to attend the game and count towards the attendance record as pointed out by @ImissWallyPryor. With pyle field only having so much space that  can be used as such space for such concepts. Aggy already has it set up so that each "seat" is really nothing more than standing room only, thus the real reason why "no one ever sits down at one of their games."

Yeah I was thinking about this last night and the attendance implications. They could be used in much the same way as the standing areas at JerruhWorld. So, yeah, while actual seating capacity may stay about the same or even go down, this design wouldn't prevent bigger crowds than we can have now.

4 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Nah. It's been done. Saw it somewhere.

Oh yeah, here it is...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Listen. You just don’t move 25 foot tall dirt also known as a hill. That’s some next level engineering shit that hasn’t been attempted since antiquity. You see any ancient civilizations still alive and kicking?  No you don’t. Leave the hills be I say. 

There's nothing there that couldn't be build over, through, or done in a different way.  Nothing next level about it.  They just don't want to.

What a terrible response by CDC. That rendering is awful. Richest athletic program in the country and we can’t bowl in the SEZ properly? This isn’t fucking directional state. Do it right. 

He’s in over his head. Plonksy and co poisoned him in record time. 

Edited by Tailleur17
  • Fuck You 3

What a terrible response by CDC. That rendering is awful. Richest athletic program in the country and we can’t bowl in the SEZ properly? This isn’t fucking directional state. Do it right. 
He’s in over his head. Plonksy and co poisoned him in record time. 
FIRE CDC!!

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

I know we as a community made fun of Baylor's stadium when they put a roof over the upper deck. However, in thinking about this more adding something like this to DKR would be a huge aid to sound reverberation and keep a lot more energy in the stadium. We all saw how much that energy fed into the team last week against USC. Imagine how much louder that game would've been if the more of the sound from the crowd was kept inside the stadium. Or how about Houston in 1990, Missouri in 2008. I think it would add a whole new dimension to DKR that would help with making it one if the hardest stadiums for visitors to come into and walk out with a win again. Of course, just winning would go a long way to making this happen, but that's not something a structural engineer can have any effect on.

On 9/22/2018 at 2:00 AM, rantanamo said:

There's nothing there that couldn't be build over, through, or done in a different way.  Nothing next level about it.  They just don't want to.

They need to expand Moncrief without touching The Rec.  They are doing that by layering it with the stadium.  It's completely new football facilities in Moncrief - not paint and LED lights like last time.

Roughdraft design is around 3,800 seats, but I'm not sure how many existing are being deleted. 2,500 of those are GA/student. Plus standing room for 400.

• Like 1

I think something that might be getting lost on some is that these "party platforms" are areas where far more people will be able to attend the game and count towards the attendance record as pointed out by [mention=1726]ImissWallyPryor[/mention]. With pyle field only having so much space that  can be used as such space for such concepts. Aggy already has it set up so that each "seat" is really nothing more than standing room only, thus the real reason why "no one ever sits down at one of their games."
Dont forget the eakingill hiding under the stands at kile.

On 9/21/2018 at 10:03 AM, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

So ole klan or somewhere fans jingle their keys, but at Texas we lay on our horns.  I think I might have to get an upgrade, like freight train playing mariachi or something.  

I think this is a damn good idea. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You know, I fucked my college girlfriend on the 50 at DKR and also the 20 of the cotton bowl pitch. 

Thats all I got.

Its crazy, there was literally no security at those places after 12am in the mid 90’s

akso hit up all the alumni benches by the stadium. Some we hit between classes.  

...good times

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I know I fucked his college girlfriend. Wasn't all that impressive.

I didn't fuck her, I was just her really good guy friend that she talked to about all the assholes she dated that broke her heart

I think she secretly really liked me and wanted to fall in love with me but just couldn't because of reasons. She always said I was so sweet and sensitive, not like other guys. 

I'm still in love with her

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I didn't fuck her, I was just her really good guy friend that she talked to about all the assholes she dated that broke her heart

I think she secretly really liked me and wanted to fall in love with me but just couldn't because of reasons. She always said I was so sweet and sensitive, not like other guys. 

I'm still in love with her

Did you hug her at the 50 at DKR?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)