7.62x39

Sporadic:
.300winmag
6.5 creedmoor
7mag

Almost never:
6.5G

Never:

Midway has some .243 if you are hunting it.  Not a TON, but pretty often have something.  I need a box of 30-30 in a bad way.   My academy has a BUNCH of 22.  I still buy a little now and again, but I'm pretty well set on it.  No 410 anymore :(     I need to get a few 20 ga flats and some WBY stuff and I'll be set for awhile.  I've built up a good amount of 308, 243, 300wm, and 270.  Basically any caliber that I have more than 1 rifle chambered in. 

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Midway has some .243 if you are hunting it.  Not a TON, but pretty often have something.  I need a box of 30-30 in a bad way.   My academy has a BUNCH of 22.  I still buy a little now and again, but I'm pretty well set on it.  No 410 anymore :(     I need to get a few 20 ga flats and some WBY stuff and I'll be set for awhile.  I've built up a good amount of 308, 243, 300wm, and 270.  Basically any caliber that I have more than 1 rifle chambered in. 

Ain't great - But here's your 30-30 hookup.  Our fathers' / grandfathers' round has been relegated to the back of the production line sadly....in favor of the cool kid calibers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 3:18 PM, Reagan1k said:

Ain't great - But here's your 30-30 hookup.  Our fathers' / grandfathers' round has been relegated to the back of the production line sadly....in favor of the cool kid calibers.

It's a shame, because 30-30's are really fucking cool.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

It's a shame, because 30-30's are really fucking cool.  

Still one of the best Texas deer calibers for those who don't need to worry about longer shots. I think the 300 BLK has taken some of the wind out of its sails. While nothing beats the quick handling and nostalgia of a good lever gun, an appropriately set up AR with a red dot or holo sight is just as quick and more versatile at the same time. That said, if you gave me $1500 for a new gun I'd be looking for a Winchester 1873 in .44-40 instead of a fancy new AR. Well, that or a good deal on a used custom flintlock longrifle.

5 hours ago, Reagan1k said:

Picked up 3875 rounds of 5.56, 9mm, .38, .22 mag, .380, and 410 for assisting a family member with a financial matter.

I was not expecting anything for my work, but they wanted it gone from the closet and had unintentionally inherited it anyway.   

I don't know what bank you're stealing from, but watch out for those explosive ink bombs. 

On 11/21/2021 at 10:33 PM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Still one of the best Texas deer calibers for those who don't need to worry about longer shots. I think the 300 BLK has taken some of the wind out of its sails. While nothing beats the quick handling and nostalgia of a good lever gun, an appropriately set up AR with a red dot or holo sight is just as quick and more versatile at the same time. That said, if you gave me $1500 for a new gun I'd be looking for a Winchester 1873 in .44-40 instead of a fancy new AR. Well, that or a good deal on a used custom flintlock longrifle.

We have one of these floating around in Al's family, trying to figure out how to get it into my gun safe.  It was used to kill a few cattle rustlers back in the day, it still functions great and has the original cleaning rods still in the stock.  Need to work harder on getting it back.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Al Czervik said:

We have one of these floating around in Al's family, trying to figure out how to get it into my gun safe.  It was used to kill a few cattle rustlers back in the day, it still functions great and has the original cleaning rods still in the stock.  Need to work harder on getting it back.

Nice to have a gun with some history.  

This may have been already covered but anyone buy components online? Any places I should stay away from besides the brokers?

I’ve bought from most of them at one time or another it seems like. Powder Valley, Natchez, Midwayusa, Midsouthshooter, Cabelas/BPS, Brownells, Grafs depending on who has what in stock and best price/sale.

In the current environment with scare supplies there is a great thread in Thehighroad.org reloading forum with guys posted when they have found something in stock. It’s probably the best way to find instock primers right now. Gotta be fast when they come up though

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/where-are-reloading-components-available-not-a-discussion-thread-link-required.883031/page-53

• 3 weeks later...

Too damn much ($26.99), but it is for a desperate son & grandson. 
They must have used gold to plate the jacket.

The .30-30 was even more outrageous @ $34.99.

Yes, that is the price per box, at least triple what I used to pay just several years ago. 
{retching sounds in the background} 

Edited by Armybrat

Yeah, Ive got 6 or 7 bricks of .22 to plink with. 
In the past several years have only fired one box of .38 through my Ruger New Vaquero, and most of that was shot by our little ol’ lady guest from England in 2018. 
She only hit the ceiling once, the rest on paper.

7184A849-6EFF-44BE-8960-036A344B20B3.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat

7 hours ago, RMac5 said:

Gun shop in Lampasas wanted $56 for a box of 30-30, I passed on it.

Academy has had a bunch lately. All been Hornady American Whitetail 150 and Monarch 150/170s. Hornady was $30 iirc and the Monarch is like $22.  Bought a few boxes of the M’s and will see how they do.  Patiently waiting for Core Lokts to come back at some point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Ordered 10 boxes of this Norma 9mm 124 grain fmj yesterday @ $16.84/box plus tax, free shipping. FedEx delivery tomorrow.

Best deal for decent 9mm training/range fodder I’ve seen in 2 years.

https://normashooting.com/shop/caliber/handgun/9mm/9mm-124-gr-fmj-norma-range-training/

I ordered a case of Remington 9mm, 115 grain FMJ, 500 rounds for $190 from Bulkammo.com last week.  Slightly more expensive than yours, but $.38 per round isn't bad.

• Hook 'Em 2