D'onta Foreman

dad

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Doesn’t lean make people fat as shit? 

The lean likely not, but the sprite and jolly ranchers along with lean generally causing the person to sit around could. You're probably thinking of the fat Houston rappers who took it and would likely be fat anyways.

Man, the first few pages of this thread are an abominable shitshow, featuring Texans idiocy, judgmental shag at its best, a classic @Greenspoint "Ballgame" declaration (on Foreman's career), Derka necrobumping the thread with his overanalyzing of Instagram and the slew of experts opining on Foreman's impending demise, and amid it all, actually inspiring information, such as that until now, no modern NFL running back has ever comeback from a ruptured Achilles. Foreman is not "back" back, in that he is not the starting RB under normal circumstances where he is, but he's done better than anyone else who's suffered the same injury, apparently.

• Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 8:33 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

Man, the first few pages of this thread are an abominable shitshow, featuring Texans idiocy, judgmental shag at its best, a classic @Greenspoint "Ballgame" declaration (on Foreman's career), Derka necrobumping the thread with his overanalyzing of Instagram and the slew of experts opining on Foreman's impending demise, and amid it all, actually inspiring information, such as that until now, no modern NFL running back has ever comeback from a ruptured Achilles. Foreman is not "back" back, in that he is not the starting RB under normal circumstances where he is, but he's done better than anyone else who's suffered the same injury, apparently.

D'Onta and Klay and KD must've borrowed some cadaver parts cuz their recoveries from that injury is amazing. It does take a few yrs to get back to form. Like you said, not many football players return from that same injury.

I hope D'Onta sticks with the Titans, both he and Henry would wear down a defense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Amazing comeback story. Despite winning the Doak, I’d contend that he was under appreciated nationally during his final season at Texas.  It was the 3-5 yard runs that made him great.  On a team with little offensive talent and a poor OL he rarely got caught in the back field or for negligible yards.  Always found a way to get yards where none existed.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Amazing comeback story. Despite winning the Doak, I’d contend that he was under appreciated nationally during his final season at Texas.  It was the 3-5 yard runs that made him great.  On a team with little offensive talent and a poor OL he rarely got caught in the back field or for negligible yards.  Always found a way to get yards where none existed.  

He was an absolute stud on a bad team coached by morons.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

D’Onta is a Bear now.  1 year, 3 million dollar deal

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35875204/sources-te-robert-tonyan-rb-donta-foreman-agree-1-year-deals-bears

As for Foreman, he's the second running back Chicago has secured this offseason, joining Travis Homer. The Bears are looking to replace David Montgomery, who agreed to a three-year deal with the Detroit Lions.

Last year, Foreman signed a one-year deal with Carolina to help back up star Christian McCaffrey. That turned into a starting job after McCaffrey was traded to the San Francisco 49ers six games into the season.

Foreman, 26, responded with 914 yards and a career-best 4.5 yards per carry. He was at his best in a late-season game against the Lions when he rushed for 165 yards and a touchdown on 21 carries to earn the NFC Offensive Player of the Week Award.

He was able to fulfill a promise made to his father days before his father was killed in a one-vehicle crash in October of 2021.

"I told him if I ever get another opportunity that I was going to take it and make the best of it,'' Foreman said.

Foreman thought his NFL career was over after being released by the Atlanta Falcons in August of 2021. Then in November he was signed by the Tennessee Titans after star back Derrick Henry was injured. He responded with 566 yards rushing in nine games, including three starts.

He has 2,166 total yards and 12 total touchdowns in 43 games over five NFL seasons.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
20 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Not bad for a lowly 3 star who was offered to get his 4 star brother. Hook Em Donta.

I'm happy he's back on track.  I'm afraid he's one of those guys that will get lost in UT history but he was the only bright spot on some dreadful teams.  Dude cared and played his ass off.  Hope he can make some money and stick it in the bank.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Monahorns said:

I have been waiting for him to break out somewhere and take a starting job.  That is what Priest Holmes and Jamaal Charles did.  Picked him up on my fantasy team and was well rewarded.

2 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Please, do tell us more. 

I had him on mine for a week or so and then cut him.

A fucking Duke grad investment banker in our league picked him up and actually started him this week.

That's all I'm going to tell today.

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2023 at 3:46 PM, Stringer said:

I’ve never understood why he never stuck anywhere. He averages over 4 ypc in his career, which is solid in the NFL.

injured his achilles tendon with the Toxins

dude had a fucking DAY with da bears though holy shit watching the highlights to see that nobody QB play and it was all Forman

Badass!

image.png.0f8f8bf6fbe2a8d742d40557caa8a719.png

image.png.7d4534de5af26b55c89f76bba5faf264.png

3:35

• Hook 'Em 1