D'onta Foreman

dad

44 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Big powerful motherfuckers with speed will continue to get chances in the NFL as long as they maintain big powerful motherfucker with speed ability. 

If you say so. 

They see him at work every single day and he was viewed as expendable by the team that spent a Day 2 draft pick and 2 years development on him. He’s closer to selling insurance than being an impactful NFL player. 

44 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Seems like you might be in the minority on that one.

Probably. Most Texans fans really enjoy bitching about the coach and front office. 

Tbf Watson bailed us out a lot last year. Not sure BoB still has a job without Deshaun. 

But yes, I trust his evaluation of D'Onta more than anyone in the armchair myself included. 

46 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

joke's on you, he's earned more than $2 million before taxes, he's set for life!!!! he doesn't need to do any of that shit they tell him

29 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

You know how I can tell you don’t have a plan for your retirement?

Yeppers, income statement rich v. net worth wealth.  In all fairness, lotsa folks don't understand the difference.

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

^^^
You’re a fan of a front office with no GM where personnel decisions are being made by a coach that has shown no indication that he’s good at it?

Um, not really. I wouldn't disagree the FO situation is less than optimal. 

I am a fan of the team that plays every Sunday, and want to beleive they can win some this year despite the shitshow at GM. 

Surly flow chart

[Sure post was joke]—— [Yes]

|                         |

[No]                    |

|                         |

[Reply as if post was joke]

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

You're getting negged because your take is fucking stupid and you're calling out and insulting a front office that a lot of us here are fans of. I want D'Onta to succeed as much as the next guy, but despite BoB's shortcomings I definitely trust his opinion on the matter more than anyone on this board and over my own bias of where DF played college ball. 

Wait, you're a Texans "fan"? Even better. 😂

If history shows anything, it's that the Texans front office is staffed by morons whose stupidity is only rivaled by aggy.

• Like 5

I've torn my Achilles and can't imagine what it would take to come back and play at a professional level. Especially a RB with the quick cuts and explosiveness required.

Now, Obviously their rehab assignments were just a bit more intense than mine but still, if you don't have an exceptional work ethic even by pro athlete standards, I can easily see this being a career killer.

15 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Pats, Belichick etc. 

I think you're over-estimating what three years as a Pat's asst. (one as OC) more than 8 years ago means around the league.  I imagine they're much more likely to judge him off of his five meh years as a Texans HC than his three years working for Bill B. (especially when you consider just how terrible Bill B protege's have been when they moved on).

26 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I think you're over-estimating what three years as a Pat's asst. (one as OC) more than 8 years ago means around the league.  I imagine they're much more likely to judge him off of his five meh years as a Texans HC than his three years working for Bill B. (especially when you consider just how terrible Bill B protege's have been when they moved on).

Maybe, but I’ve read elsewhere before about how well respected he is. (Maybe Peter King)

No clue on how accurate the stories on foreman are but this organization is a shit show. No o line and now no running backs. They won't make the playoffs unless they dominate the division.
Hopefully Bob gets shit canned and they bring in a decent gm after this year. They really are the Aggy of the NFL. I have no idea why I try to be a fan

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Being a Maserati, it probably did 18.5 while limping to the repair shop.

Hits close to home. Back in the day, I bought a Maserati QuattroPorte - you know, family style - and it was very good friends with the shop for the whole four months I kept it. Very good friends. 

50 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Woulda liked the cowboys to grab him for zeke insurance....but colts are a good landing spot

D'Onta is probably better off not going to Dallas and being much further away from distractions of his family/friends in Houston area.

Hope he gets healthy and gets his head straight.  Love to see him hang around long enough to make some money in the league.  Watching him tear new assholes in the defenses of the Big XII was one of the few bright spots of the CS era.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Good for D’onta. O’Brien is a douche flood. I hope this comes back and bites him hard (assuming O’Brien is around for it). I’ll admit I am a Texans fan (not a rabid one, however, as I am luke warm on NFL anyway), but O’Brien is the wrong guy to drive that bus while  they have a nice window of talent on the roster.

• Like 2