D'onta Foreman

dad

1 hour ago, Rhinotx said:

He’s done in the league. I hope he invested some of his money. 

If you have a career ending injury playing in the nfl, you get a salary/pension for a long time. I knew an ex lineman for Earl Campbell from the oilers who was still getting very low six figures from the league in the early 2000s. He may be content with that and just wants to move on.

Edited by Vertigo

14 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

his last injury was a torn bicep, i don't think that's career ending 

Sure, but being real fucking lazy about your rehab is. And that's what the Texans and Colts said about him. Even basic stuff like coming to meetings on time.

I think we all loved the kid for coming to UT, taking the chip on his shoulder from being the "throw-in" brother, and funneling it into a Doak Walker season.

But I also think it's fairly obvious he hasn't handled being "rich" very well.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

If you have a career ending injury playing in the nfl, you get a salary/pension for a long time. I knew an ex lineman for Earl Campbell from the oilers who was still getting very low six figures from the league in the early 2000s. He may be content with that and just wants to move on.

I think you have you be in the league 4-5 years to be eligible for that

8 hours ago, Vertigo said:

That's a pretty good pension. The annual salary of starting offensive linemen at that time was only about $600K.

1 hour ago, Bevo VIII said:

I think you have you be in the league 4-5 years to be eligible for that

Three seasons to qualify. And their medical coverage terms after five years. For those who got really hurt, that ain’t enough. The eligiblability is structured in such a way that it only becomes beneficial is if the player can complete five seasons on a roster. 

Discussion I was having with someone back during football season... is Foreman the most underrated Longhorn football player ever? Flaming out in the pros no doubt has something to do with it, as does the general shittiness of our teams during his time here. But man, he was a monster. 

13 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Discussion I was having with someone back during football season... is Foreman the most underrated Longhorn football player ever? Flaming out in the pros no doubt has something to do with it, as does the general shittiness of our teams during his time here. But man, he was a monster. 

Can you imagine him with a half-functional OL and a QB who was actually a threat to pass?

54 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I remember other people going all WTF when he won the Doak Walker award over Dalvin Cook. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

We all know if we had a competent coaching staff that year (redundant, I know), and a better OL...Foreman would have gone for closer to 3,000 yards.  But that's subjective, all of this is really.  But here's a few strange facts about his 2,000+ yards that season.  People forget he did it only 11 games.  He missed a full home game, UTEP.  Sure, he coulda been injured in that game but more than likely he would have rushed for 300 yards.  And we missed a bowl game because Charlie Strong is incompetent as a game manager.  So 13 games, he'd have about 2,500 yards and 20 TD's.  Plus in 5 games, Strong decides to not run him more than 25 times.  But of course Charlie, the consumate tactician, feels that too many rushes will damage his start running back...but then he runs him 51 times in a Kansas loss.  Da fuh?  

You add those two more games and spot Charlie a modicum of football intelligence and upgrade the OL by 5%, and you're talking about a guy that'd be closer to 3000 yards than 2000 yards.  As it is, we owe him a great deal for his time at Texas.  And I hope he gets out of this funk he's in now.

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

I remember other people going all WTF when he won the Doak Walker award over Dalvin Cook. 

Yep, because the team was so shitty nobody watched it except Notre Dame and laughing at the KU loss. He absolutely deserved it.

Donnel Pumphery from SDSU had a better case than Cook as well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, texifornia said:

Well it's nice to think happy thoughts

...like thinking that a black guy from Houston who is posing for photos with a styrofoam cup and a soda *isn't* sipping lean. the indignation and incredulity from those who insist that there's no way of knowing what he was drinking is hilarious. that's like seeing Frank Gallagher with a 16 oz can wrapped in a brown bag and then being indignant when someone suggests that there's a beer can inside that brown bag. 

disclaimer- as skinny as he is he doesn't look like he's been sipping any lean, but the implication of the NYE photos with the styrofoam and soda was 100% that that's what he was doing. 

Edited by Goo Punch

14 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

...like thinking that a black guy from Houston who is posing for photos with a styrofoam cup and a soda *isn't* sipping lean. the indignation and incredulity from those who insist that there's no way of knowing what he was drinking is hilarious. that's like seeing Frank Gallagher with a 16 oz can wrapped in a brown bag and then being indignant when someone suggests that there's a beer can inside that brown bag. 

disclaimer- as skinny as he is he doesn't look like he's been sipping any lean, but the implication of the NYE photos with the styrofoam and soda was 100% that that's what he was doing. 

translation:  Foreman definitely was drinking lean but he might not be.  Either way, the real issue here is that someone slightly disagreed with me on an inconsequential and trivial issue and I can't allow that.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

13 minutes ago, Chooky said:

translation:  Foreman definitely was drinking lean but he might not be.  Either way, the real issue here is that someone slightly disagreed with me on an inconsequential and trivial issue and I can't allow that.

@Goo Punch White people from Houston can drink lean too.

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chooky said:

lmao, yeah, "slightly disagreed". yeah and I was "slightly disagreeable" at my worst. give me a break. 

here's the copy paste of the first line of the completely incredulous wall of text:

How tha fuck do you know?!?!

"slightly disagreed". fuck outta here. 

also, "inconsequential and trivial". yeah, because flaunting the fact that you're doing illegal and expensive drugs which are known to kill your physical health is just *totally* inconsequential and trivial to the discussion we've been having about D'onta blowing his money and not getting back into the league. again, get the fuck outta here.

Edited by Goo Punch

translation: derka is 100% right, but we can't have that, so we'll  completely mischaracterize his post and the ensuing reaction in a completely disingenuous way and then have another rep circle jerk over it, as opposed to just owning what we say and do. gtfo.

Edited by Goo Punch

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Can you imagine him with a half-functional OL and a QB who was actually a threat to pass?

Yea I can.  We would have passed more (successfully) and relied on him less and won more games.  That's not taking anything away from him or his talent but that's what would have happened if both of those other things were in place.

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

translation: derka is 100% right, but we can't have that, so we'll  completely mischaracterize his post and the ensuing reaction in a completely disingenuous way and then have another rep circle jerk over it, as opposed to just owning what we say and do. gtfo.

We won't know that you're 100% right until we see your evidence of cough syrup in a Styrofoam cup.  Scorch the earth because I'm skeptical until I see the syrup and sprite.  Maybe he just wanted to make syzurp implications without the health costs.  We must know.  

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yea I can.  We would have passed more (successfully) and relied on him less and won more games.  That's not taking anything away from him or his talent but that's what would have happened if both of those other things were in place.

I'd bet he'd have the same amount of yardage on fewer, longer, carries. Instead of having to bully through massed LBs, he'd have been able to truckstick DBs in the open field.

17 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Does “lean” = cough syrup?

I’m having a case of the olds today and this is confusing as fuck for me. 

cough syrup with promethazine/codeine (usually reddish purple due to the dyes in the cough syrup - Barre is a brand of cough syrup) + soda (often times Sprite) + Jolly Ranchers

If you're interested this music video will show you how it's mixed....remember it's supposed to be poured into a double styrofoam cup. (Skip to 2:16 if you don't appreciate Texas rap).

R.I.P. to Big Moe and DJ Screw.

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Like 2

I think lean was originally a very juvenile thing.  Cough suppressants like dextromethorphan and promethazine are hynoptics, which, taken in sufficient quantity, become hallucenogenic if you don't fall asleep.

So they started with OTC cough syrup like Robitussin (remember TD 1?), then moved to a codeine containing brew.  I guess terpin hydrate was too foul or maybe unavailable recently.

And being kids, they had to make it palatable, so sugary soft drinks and jolly ranchers.

And hip-hop culture isn't exactly known for a sophisticated drink palate.  They popularized Hennessey and Hypnotiq.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

cough syrup with promethazine/codeine (usually reddish purple due to the dyes in the cough syrup - Barre is a brand of cough syrup) + soda (often times Sprite) + Jolly Ranchers

If you're interested this music video will show you how it's mixed....remember it's supposed to be poured into a double styrofoam cup. (Skip to 2:16 if you don't appreciate Texas rap).

R.I.P. to Big Moe and DJ Screw.

It's also called purple drank, sizzurp and mud (among other things). Often folks just say "a deuce" or "a four" to say how many ounces they added.