Radiohead releases a bunch of old concerts on YouTube to help cope with self-isolation

C-Man

I'm watching the first one from Dublin in 2000 and dear God is it awesome. Like watching Tiger Woods play golf in 2000.

https://pitchfork.com/news/radiohead-adding-concert-films-to-youtube-to-ease-self-isolation/

“Now that you have no choice whether or not you fancy a quiet night in, may we draw your attention to these entertainments?”

Radiohead’s Thom Yorke, September 2000 (Paul Bergen/Redferns)

Radiohead are helping fans get through self-isolation by adding archival concert footage to their YouTube page. The shows come from the extensive Radiohead Public Library. First up is Live From a Tent in Dublin, which captures a performance from October 7, 2000. The setlist that night featured a number of tracks from Kid A, which had been released less than a week prior to the show. The concert goes live on YouTube at 5 p.m. Eastern on April 9. Tune in below.

Check out “7 Things From the New Radiohead Online Archive That Excite Us” and “13 Live Performances and Concert Films to Stream During Self-Isolation” on the Pitch.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
On 4/13/2020 at 6:14 PM, Buzzrock said:

I hope they drop the 2006 Bonnaroo set. That was epic.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2006/great-stage-park-manchester-tn-5bdfd7d4.html

Incredible. I watched that a few weeks ago. There were some Soundboard FLAC/mp3 files of that show posted many moons back but they've all been scrubbed it appears. I could probably do it myself but it would be a lot of work. If anybody has it and can post it on Dropbox or something, I would be most thankful.

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

Incredible. I watched that a few weeks ago. There were some Soundboard FLAC/mp3 files of that show posted many moons back but they've all been scrubbed it appears. I could probably do it myself but it would be a lot of work. If anybody has it and can post it on Dropbox or something, I would be most thankful.

Wow, I just watched that Bonnaroo 2006 video and it really was fantastic. I’ve only seen Radiohead in person once, at the Mitchell Pavilion in Houston in 2001, and while that was a great show it didn’t compare to this one.

I also found it melancholy to watch this one, as I feel like 2006 was the last year before smartphones started really invading life shows and completely changed the experience for the worse.

11 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

The Bonnaroo '06 version of "Videotape" is renowned among RH fans -- and for good reason. It's pretty spectacular.

People that were there think it's one of Radiohead's best performances of all time, if not the greatest. Certainly the best on American soil.