Denis Villeneuve's Dune

Michael Knight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

I'm not bashing the book - just making the point that sometimes there are things that work better on paper vs. on screen and you can only tweak the source material so much before you lose the fans of the book. 

e.g. there was some stuff that Peter Jackson did with LOTR that deviated from the books but probably made the movies better.

I didn't mean "handcuffed" negatively just that DV is beholden in a major way to the source and it can limit creative control a bit. 

NSIAP - I put up some of the Thomas Flight pieces on the editing of dune over on my geeking out thread. Some really cool stuff about how these movies were made in contrast to other films. If you found the movie visually impressive - a good watch for you.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 1 month later...
Just now, deech said:

I'm going to be honest.  That looked incredible.  I say that as someone who never really understood why they were remaking this even though the first one was a beautiful well-made movie.

I’ve watched the first one about 6 times, it’ll be watched tonight. It was damn near perfect

I Must Not Fear. Fear Is The Mind-Killer

We are House Atreides. There is no call we do not answer. There is no faith that we betray.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, deech said:

I'm going to be honest.  That looked incredible.  I say that as someone who never really understood why they were remaking this even though the first one was a beautiful well-made movie.

And by first one I definitely mean the first part of this two-part movie as opposed to the version with Sting in it.  LOL

• Hook 'Em 1