Time to Oust Cornyn

pyrohornIII

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

I just reread this from another person quoting you - you're applying the same fallacy you did to BLM and treating rights as zero-sum. Elevating gay/trans rights is elevating human rights. Just because you prefer your own sex or want to be a different one than your birth sex doesn't make you less than, and doesn't endanger YOUR rights.

That is of course, assuming you aren't asserting your """religious right""" to persecute, prosecute, and demonize LGBT folks. Which probably isnt the most solid assumption

You know when you read those heartbreaking stories of gay and trans kids kicked out of their house by their parents and you think "how could someone do that to their child?"

And then you read like 3 posts on DT and you go "ahh, I see now."

Anyway, good luck educating those guys on why they should treat humans like humans. 

Edited by Foosters
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I can find no better visual as to why it's time for me to permanently exit this state than that nonsense.  Being led by a moron who, the second he talks a bit of sense, gets booed and harassed by even bigger morons.  And those morons control who gets elected here.  WTF are we doing here?

I literally ask myself this every day.

11 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I can find no better visual as to why it's time for me to permanently exit this state than that nonsense.  Being led by a moron who, the second he talks a bit of sense, gets booed and harassed by even bigger morons.  And those morons control who gets elected here.  WTF are we doing here?

Yes it’s frustrating, but the challenge of moving is you could end up in the Bay Area stepping over feces and needles, or in Portland fighting off occupy Portland homeless people downtown. Extreme politics is killing this country. Just need moderate decision makers who have some common sense. 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Exactly as i said. Cornyn's base wants him dead over this bill. The left needs get on board with this bill and find a way to get it to the house because there's a zero point zero percent chance for any other meaningful legislation in the next 3 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

NYC is a great town.  

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m stuck here until either retirement day or the mega-corporation I work for finds a better tax domicile. 

Same. My business is established here and wife makes too much dough in real estate to leave. Urging my kids to look elsewhere for college though. 

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Yes it’s frustrating, but the challenge of moving is you could end up in the Bay Area stepping over feces and needles, or in Portland fighting off occupy Portland homeless people downtown. Extreme politics is killing this country. Just need moderate decision makers who have some common sense. 

san fran was nothing but burned out husks of buildings and homeless camps when i was there in march. 

• Haha 2

The GQP is coming for him. At this point he should go full heel turn and support actual gun safety legislation including an assault weapons ban. Enough with this pissing on the electorate and telling them it’s rain bullshit.

20 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

The GQP is coming for him. At this point he should go full heel turn and support actual gun safety legislation including an assault weapons ban. Enough with this pissing on the electorate and telling them it’s rain bullshit.

That would show the backbone and courage that he sorely lacks.  It would be easier for him to grow another head than to grow a set of balls.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Well isn't that nice?

Well, yes it is. The gun humpers would have you believe  there is no support for gun regulation within their ranks. The video tells another story. Don’t believe everything you read from the humpers.

4 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

4ae4c823-22f1-44c0-93a7-825e34f5f55c_tex

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Fucking morons make a point every now and again.

No, if Hillary had not been the nominee and the worst candidate who ran the worst campaign in history, then Trump wouldn't have won. 

On 6/18/2022 at 9:30 AM, Dbeasy said:

My brother has been in Portland for 25+ years in commercial real estate, and he said it has gotten so bad downtown that office landlords are literally just leaving the keys in the lobby and calling their lenders and saying the building is now theirs.  No tenants want to be downtown anymore.  Sad, because it really is a beautiful city.

I actually used the think that Cornyn was actually one of the lesser evils.  When it was him and Dewhurst, then Lyin' Ted comes in riding the lies of the Tea Party and since that seat went even more extreme, Cornyn still is one of the lesser evils.  HE like nearly every federally elected Republican has proven themselves to be completely devoid of morals or patriotism.  But I did have hope for him, as he did sort of seem principled at one point.

When it comes to Sugar Mamas, nobody but nobody can hold a candle to Micheal McCaul.  If you dug at all deep into that relationship you would realize that there are some serious blackmail vulnerabilities.  Or at least that was the case a couple years ago.

Edited by horn4life

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

My brother has been in Portland for 25+ years in commercial real estate, and he said it has gotten so bad downtown that office landlords are literally just leaving the keys in the lobby and calling their lenders and saying the building is now theirs.  No tenants want to be downtown anymore.  Sad, because it really is a beautiful city.

I've always thought of it as a dumpy/grungy city in the middle of a pretty part of the country.

19 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but my strict-bitch / no-prisoners / librarian ex-wife told me twenty-some-odd years ago she absolutely despised Cornyn and his sad staff when he was Attorney General while she worked at the State Law Library, because they could never return their books on time.

Listening to his limp dick explanation above couldn't help but remind me of her acerbic tirades over their lame excuses to get out of late book fines. If nothing else came from that marriage (aside from my kick-ass daughter), I'll always have those rants when picking her up after work at 14th & Colorado.

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

giphy.gif

as I said in another thread, there is literally no quiet part anymore. take what they say at exactly face value. they have laid their plans in plain sight for all to see and somehow they are still advancing. they have won the battle, we cannot let them win the war

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Could this possibly be what he means? It’s slightly less abhorrent but very poorly timed as overturning Roe v Wade runs counter to what 65% of Americans want.

I’ll give Cornyn the benefit of doubt that this is what he meant.  He’s still missing the point Obama made because he’s being purposely obtuse. 

Is there any mystery left as to who these people really are?
Oh, and here’s the distinction, folks…Brown corrected an unsupportable (literally unsupportable, they just made up the ruling without any reference to reality) DENIAL of rights to a huge swath of citizens by PROTECTING that right. This goes backwards; it’s as if the SCOTUS issued Plessy to overrule Brown.

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Could this possibly be what he means? It’s slightly less abhorrent but very poorly timed as overturning Roe v Wade runs counter to what 65% of Americans want.

Yeah, but he’s also equivocating stomping down fifty years of advancement in women’s rights with ending segregation. So fuck him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ll give Cornyn the benefit of doubt that this is what he meant.  He’s still missing the point Obama made because he’s being purposely obtuse. 

Probably what he meant but read the room ass wipe. Similar to tweeting the corona beer from the bar 2 years ago.
  • Hook 'Em 1