Season Ticket Renewal

blacklab

5 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Wait what? Are you sure? I was in the process of renewing and let them keep my donation last year but still owe the whole amount. Perhaps you allowed them to apply last years donation to this year versus keep for their own use.

They gave 3 options last year:

1. make normal donation and apply it to 2021
  2. make normal donation and let them keep it with no strings attached
  3. choose not to make a donation with option to renew like normal in 2021
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, WBT said:

They gave 3 options last year:

1. make normal donation and apply it to 2021
  2. make normal donation and let them keep it with no strings attached
  3. choose not to make a donation with option to renew like normal in 2021

I guess I went option one. My impression was honestly that it was option two, but I don't remember them presenting a choice between the two. Of course this was a < five minute phone call nearly a year ago so I could just not be remembering. 

11 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I guess I went option one. My impression was honestly that it was option two, but I don't remember them presenting a choice between the two. Of course this was a < five minute phone call nearly a year ago so I could just not be remembering. 

A way to check would be looking at DonorNet and see if you have the one time points bonus for 2020 giving. That's where last year's donation was tracked for me.

8 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

If you opted out of tickets for last year your donation was not required, or could be made as usual and applied to 2021 instead. If you had tickets last year, you would have to donate for 2020 and again for 2021.

That's my understanding.

Right but as WBT said you also had the option to have your 2020 donation (and/or) ticket money applied as a gift to the Foundation

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 4:55 PM, Hookem2147 said:

Not renewal related, but any idea when the seat selection process is for new season ticket holders who put down deposits?

I’m a hopeful first year season ticket holder, and just got the email with my time slot for seat selection. Think the process goes from June 15-July 9. Pretty sure I’m one of the last people to select, so hopefully there’s some nosebleeds still available.

I’m a hopeful first year season ticket holder, and just got the email with my time slot for seat selection. Think the process goes from June 15-July 9. Pretty sure I’m one of the last people to select, so hopefully there’s some nosebleeds still available.

You should be fine. They don’t run out of season tickets to sell and your ability to get into the section you want is more a function of your willingness to pay the corresponding seat donation rather than the time of your selection, depending how many seats you’re trying to keep together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

Anyone know when reseating/parking selection happens for existing ticket holders?

It’s by loyalty like everything else. I got an email with my time slot not to long ago. July 1 or 2 IIRC but I’m a peasant. I’d check your email.

Had 50 yd line upper deck all through the 80s -early 90s before moving to Nashville. As the years when on we got closer to the lower part until we were 4-5 rows above the railing.  Great seats actually.  You definitely see the plays form.  

Have upper deck midfield and honestly I have no intention of ever moving to the lower bowl. The view is so much better, get a breeze, etc.
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 7:34 PM, gmr548 said:

Have upper deck midfield and honestly I have no intention of ever moving to the lower bowl. The view is so much better, get a breeze, etc.

This. Im in 105, and the only place I will move is lower down in 105. 

Little bittersweet for me but I did not renew this season. I have a rising freshman and sixth grader both of whom will be playing baseball & football in the fall. I would pretty miss every game and that will be case for next several years.

Just couldn't justify the spend for the tickets I had (which were great seats) but it was definitely a tough decision.

• Rage+1 1

Little bittersweet for me but I did not renew this season. I have a rising freshman and sixth grader both of whom will be playing baseball & football in the fall. I would pretty miss every game and that will be case for next several years.
Just couldn't justify the spend for the tickets I had (which were great seats) but it was definitely a tough decision.

You should keep them and sell them.
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 6/11/2021 at 7:34 PM, gmr548 said:

Are you on the west side? I’ve had some seats on the East side upper deck midfield about 10 rows up, and I love the view of the game. it’s like watching the All-22 film. I like it better than a lot of lower deck seats I’ve sat in. Im thinking about shooting for similar seats just on the west side this year. 

19 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Has anyone ever sat in Section 28/29 or 4/5, between the 40s directly behind the team benches. About how many rows up would you need to be to be able to sit down and still see all action on the sideline closest to you?

Dunno about Memorial Stadium, but 25 years ago we had 50 yard line seats, row 2, at the OU game directly behind the dirt burglar bench. Of course they stood the entire game so we couldn’t see anything happening on the field between the 20s from our disadvantage point.

A bunch of row 1 UT drunks in front of us talked trash to the Sooner bench the whole game... which the Horns did win. Pretty annoying to say the least since we were sober.

On 6/12/2021 at 9:00 AM, Armybrat said:

Got my time slot notification email for parking yesterday. June 24th.

Same.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:16 AM, BrazilHorn said:

This. You could probably at least make back 75% of this cost this year. And worth it because next year the Alabama tickets will likely pay for the whole season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/13/2021 at 10:16 AM, BrazilHorn said:

Why is there not a crying tears reaction on this damn site?

21 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Has anyone ever sat in Section 28/29 or 4/5, between the 40s directly behind the team benches. About how many rows up would you need to be to be able to sit down and still see all action on the sideline closest to you?

We were in section 5 (45 yard line) about 20-25 rows up through 1997. After the Ucla rotisserie, we decided to ask to be moved high enough to get some shade. In 1998 Deloss moved us to section 4 (40 yard line, boo hoo) just high enough to where we get shade for most or all of the game, depending on the kickoff time and daylight savings.

Shortly after we had our seats moved, they took out the track and lowered the field. I wouldn’t have wanted to be lower than row 15 back in the track days, but lowering the field probably made row 10 equivalent to row 15.

Full disclosure:  I can’t remember if they changed the row numbers after lowering the field because they added about 5 rows at the bottom. The old row 10 may be something like row 15 now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Same.

This. You could probably at least make back 75% of this cost this year. And worth it because next year the Alabama tickets will likely pay for the whole season. 

They were a little over 4k/ticket. East side club around 45yd line. That’s not including tickets just the seat vig. Great seats but I’m looking at 7 more years of weekend sports across my boys. I’ll get them again when weekends are free. 

11 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

They were a little over 4k/ticket. East side club around 45yd line. That’s not including tickets just the seat vig. Great seats but I’m looking at 7 more years of weekend sports across my boys. I’ll get them again when weekends are free. 

Got damn. $4K a ticket is more than you have to pay if you were signing up new today for the Texas Club. I agree, dump em

Edited by ZB'Tejas

30 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I did our selection this morning.  You people should have locked in your donations in the 70s like we did.  Our required donation is only $250 total for 4 seats.

Nice, how was the selection process? Lot's of different inventory out there if I was looking to move seats?

Did selection at 1:35 today, looks like  good bit of inventory so far. I made a slight adjustment in seats and picked up two more for my daughters.

I used to have the locked in donation, but got the rambling feet so my "donation' is now four times what it was. I really hope Sark gives me something to watch this year.

We just did a Vegas vacation and I think I could have paid for it twice with what I just forked over.

55 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I did our selection this morning.  You people should have locked in your donations in the 70s like we did.  Our required donation is only $250 total for 4 seats.

Neg repped out of pure jealousy. 

Talked to ticket office yesterday regarding the new language around locking in seat donation, they said prices are going to go up across the board. They think we are much lower than other universities - I countered with half of the expensive sections were empty, which was brushed off. 

Could someone post a view into section 7?  I don't get a shot at this until the 29th and I'd like to add one seat to my group of tickets

abe2250876b57f4b15786e2c2890dcd6.jpg

Pro tip: You can access this view prior to your scheduled time just to look around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, GTNY said:

Talked to ticket office yesterday regarding the new language around locking in seat donation, they said prices are going to go up across the board. They think we are much lower than other universities - I countered with half of the expensive sections were empty, which was brushed off. 

That makes sense. going up this season after we lock or next year. I always thought we were a bit high but I guess prices have not gone up that much over the last 10 years.

10 minutes ago, GTNY said:

Did you ask them when we get the refunds for the late Mack-, Charlie Strong-, and Tome Herman-eras?

Talk about flushing money down a toilet! I promise I overpaid by thousands. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Did you ask them when we get the refunds for the late Mack-, Charlie Strong-, and Tome Herman-eras?

Talk about flushing money down a toilet! I promise I overpaid by thousands. 

Couldnt agree more. Its getting incredibly difficult to justify season tickets vs buying the minipacks or secondary for the one good home game a year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTNY said:

whats the language around locking in seat donations?  I have only had my seats for about 5 years and I always assumed prices would be going up eventually