Season Ticket Renewal

blacklab

My apologies, Lord Vader.  They're throwing another financial incentive at the contractors to finish on time.  ADA stuff, premium seating, bathrooms, and entry/egress looks to be finished on time.  But the catering areas, concessions, and some concourse areas look ridiculously behind.  While it's not a heavily trafficked area during school, they'll have the additional challenge of all faculty/staff back on campus in a month and students back a couple weeks before football season kicks off.  That's a minor annoyance, but at this rate-any little hiccup with traffic will hinder them.  Not good, bad, or indifferent...just surprising is all.  It'll look awesome on TV, but could be a slight shitshow for the first 1 or 2 games.  Jealous of anybody who gets to sit there though, looks awesome overall.  

20 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'll defer to you resident construction experts.  But upon looking through the SEZ today, I don't see how in the world that thing is gonna be completely delivered in 9 weeks.  I'm sure they'll finish out the suites and club level to meet the requirements of those donors.  But I think some shit's gonna be left undone by LA-Lafayette (student seating, concession areas, etc.  

my favorite part of this post is "9 weeks".  Thanks baseball team the summer is so much shorter when you guys have your shit together.

True.  I wouldn’t have able to count that high but for a bunch a signs throughout that count down the number of days. I divided by seven and had an Asian kid take it from there.  

I’m section 2 row 50 something. Best seats I’ve had. I would not want to be too far under the overhang as it seems airflow diminishes more than I’d like. I cannot tell you where that occurs though.

Pretty easy in, easy out. We are close to the exit and ramp too.

i’m looking for shade too given tons of basal cell work. what range of sections have that sweet spot of shade but not too stuffy?

i’m looking for shade too given tons of basal cell work. what range of sections have that sweet spot of shade but not too stuffy?

That’s a difficult one but I’d guess around row 60 to 70, section 1 thru 9 I’d say on the west side. Going from memory, I’d say there are 77 rows so I’d shoot for row 60-65. You might need to careful in sections 1 and 9 - just not sure when the upper deck ceases to cover the seats.

One factor on section 1 is the angle of the Jumbotron if you like replays and such. Section 2 close to 3 works but not certain of the angle in section 1. But I think it’s curved with the new construction so maybe it’s better.

My memory is a little foggy because we got moved slightly due to Covid so I don’t remember what game times affect the angle of the sun.

I’d ask the rep at the Longhorn Foundation if they have any guidance. Let them know your concerns.

That’s a difficult one but I’d guess around row 60 to 70, section 1 thru 9 I’d say on the west side. Going from memory, I’d say there are 77 rows so I’d shoot for row 60-65. You might need to careful in sections 1 and 9 - just not sure when the upper deck ceases to cover the seats.

One factor on section 1 is the angle of the Jumbotron if you like replays and such. Section 2 close to 3 works but not certain of the angle in section 1. But I think it’s curved with the new construction so maybe it’s better.

My memory is a little foggy because we got moved slightly due to Covid so I don’t remember what game times affect the angle of the sun.

I’d ask the rep at the Longhorn Foundation if they have any guidance. Let them know your concerns.
  • Like 1

Did anyone switch from a setback to a bench? Wondering if in that process they give me the option to add a temporary seatback? Checking the inventory today stuff is drying up a bit. Probably should have selected last week when it opened for me.

18 hours ago, Had Enough said:

We are on row 69 section 1 next to section 2. Not a lot of breezes up under here, but never any rain or sun.

View of adzillatron is just fine, but the loud speakers are an awful beating when the sadists crank up the volume. Somebody should remove Bob Cole’s larynx.

Row 60 should be good to go for shade, no rain, & more breeze.

Edited by Armybrat

One other question for anyone in the Terrace club. Have you had issues taking liquor drinks to your seat? I read that you can’t from the main club area but does that extend to the bars on the east and west side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/29/2021 at 12:36 PM, Lobo said:

True.  I wouldn’t have able to count that high but for a bunch a signs throughout that count down the number of days. I divided by seven and had an Asian kid take it from there.  

you have your own quant?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, The_highest_of_fives said:

We are in Section 8, Row 33 and we have shade by the time it hits 3PM

Row 46 here. We have shade by 2:30 before the time change, 1:30 after the clocks move forward. Breeze is adequate, and we are just barely protected from most rain showers.

And the row behind us is an extra step up (we might be on the top row of the original stadium). We have no concerns about blocking the view of people behind us if we remain standing. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Did anyone switch from a setback to a bench? Wondering if in that process they give me the option to add a temporary seatback? Checking the inventory today stuff is drying up a bit. Probably should have selected last week when it opened for me.

Every year I spent in section 6 they hit me up for seat pads/ seat backs. I would be REALLY surprised if they don't hit you up at least twice. Once by mail.

20 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

You can add seatbacks anytime before the season

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, allrightallrightallright said:

You can add seatbacks anytime before the season

Thanks, turn out I might just be a degen and upgrade to Terrace Club instead to keep the wife happy. Anyone in that section with strong views?

Looking at seat selection now. Has anyone got confirmation on whether or not you’ll be able to move within the same price tier of the same section - like down rows - without triggering a donation increase in the future?

25 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Looking at seat selection now. Has anyone got confirmation on whether or not you’ll be able to move within the same price tier of the same section - like down rows - without triggering a donation increase in the future?

My uneducated guess would be no if the min donation for that section/row has gone up since you last selected. I think that the impetus on the email urging us to lock in seats before prices go up.

Are you talking about moving today or moving in the future?

45 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I was able to shift my seats over two to get the four aisle seats with no issue. As long as you are in the same pricing tier I don’t think there’s an issue, that includes moving sections

10 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

I was able to shift my seats over two to get the four aisle seats with no issue. As long as you are in the same pricing tier I don’t think there’s an issue, that includes moving sections

You are then likely already paying the going rate.  If you are grandfathered in from several years ago before there was a "seat gift", then you cannot move at all without triggering today's rate/seat gift.

Well ticket staff, who in their defense are typically pretty helpful, said they didn’t have an answer. That was a little weird. Switched over to 105 from the young alumni sections, happy with seats in general, just curious about the potential to move down a few rows or closer to an aisle or whatever, within the same section. Find out next year I guess.

53 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

You are then likely already paying the going rate.  If you are grandfathered in from several years ago before there was a "seat gift", then you cannot move at all without triggering today's rate/seat gift.

This is how it has been for me as well. 

On 6/29/2021 at 11:09 PM, Axle Hongsnort said:

I used to sit in Section 1 on the aisle, Row 44, which is about 12 rows below the upper entry portal for that section (the lower one is at about row 30 or so). For 2:30 kickoffs the people about 10 seats to the north of us were in the shade the entire game, but we were cooking until about 5:30. Until November the sun rides pretty much parallel to the West upper deck most of the afternoon. Higher up than us (maybe row 60 or so?) they were in the shade from pretty much 3-3:30 on. My seats then started at seat 23; not sure how high the seat numbers go before you hit section 2 between the two aisles, but IIRC it’s about 44-48…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

I used to sit in Section 1 on the aisle, Row 44, which is about 12 rows below the upper entry portal for that section (the lower one is at about row 30 or so). For 2:30 kickoffs the people about 10 seats to the north of us were in the shade the entire game, but we were cooking until about 5:30. Until November the sun rides pretty much parallel to the West upper deck most of the afternoon. Higher up than us (maybe row 60 or so?) they were in the shade from pretty much 3-3:30 on. My seats then started at seat 23; not sure how high the seat numbers go before you hit section 2 between the two aisles, but IIRC it’s about 44-48…

One thing I forgot - in section 1, row 44 on the aisle is the precise point at which all of the water pouring out of the upper deck dumps down into the lower. After the epic monsoon delay against Mizzou in 1996 me and my buddy returned to our seats to discover they were at the bottom of Niagara Falls. Fortunately there were only about 15K left in the stadium so there was plenty of room to spread out…

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

One thing I forgot - in section 1, row 44 on the aisle is the precise point at which all of the water pouring out of the upper deck dumps down into the lower. After the epic monsoon delay against Mizzou in 1996 me and my buddy returned to our seats to discover they were at the bottom of Niagara Falls. Fortunately there were only about 15K left in the stadium so there was plenty of room to spread out…

Can't comment on shade but I used to have sec 1 seat 41-42 which is the last ones before sec 2 starts.  That was row5 and are seats no longer exist and we were moved to sec 7

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

My seat in section 1 is #42, right next to seat #1 in section 2.

However, the section 2 seat next to me is on row 74 and mine in section 1 is on row 69 - due to the addition on five new rows down front of section 2 a few years back.

Edited by Armybrat
Pants said it first.

4 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Well ticket staff, who in their defense are typically pretty helpful, said they didn’t have an answer. That was a little weird. Switched over to 105 from the young alumni sections, happy with seats in general, just curious about the potential to move down a few rows or closer to an aisle or whatever, within the same section. Find out next year I guess.

I am in the same boat regarding moving out of Young Alumni seats that ended in 2019. My understanding is that ticket prices (or donation level, whatever) will be going up after this year, and renewing now will lock you in to current price. I think something to that effect was tweeted by Drew Martin the sometime in the past few weeks or so.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/9/2021 at 3:51 PM, 927 E. 41st said:

I opted out last year, what's the story with the e-tickets? When are they finalized and available?

I think all tickets will be delivered electronically going forward through the app. My question is what happens when my phone dies because I came early and stayed late and therefore can't access my new digital tickets?

59 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

I think all tickets will be delivered electronically going forward through the app. My question is what happens when my phone dies because I came early and stayed late and therefore can't access my new digital tickets?

Would be nice little cottage industry setting up right outside the gate with a bank of quick-charge battery packs charging people $5/minute to juice their phone up long enough to get in….

On 7/1/2021 at 4:31 PM, Ignatius said:

I used to sit in Section 1 on the aisle, Row 44, which is about 12 rows below the upper entry portal for that section (the lower one is at about row 30 or so). For 2:30 kickoffs the people about 10 seats to the north of us were in the shade the entire game

We are in Row 46, but in Section 5. We are literally 1 step below the upper entry portal, so your memory is off by 11-12 rows (age, I know). You are mostly correct about the shade, though. Row 46 and above is in the shade by 2:30 after the clocks fall back, but before that date, Row 46 gets sun during the first quarter. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

3 hours ago, hornbri said:

All the talk about this being the "last season to lock in pricing" sure makes a lot more sense now. 

This is how I picture the Foundation as the rumor's swirl and the empty seats start filling up

amused jaw drop GIF

And this last part was really interesting... so if you buy next year you are no longer locked in even at that price?

Will lock in your seating location and annual seat-related gift in 2021 for years to come. Any new season ticket holders beginning in 2022 will be subject to periodic price increases on their seat-related gifts. 

Edited by ZB'Tejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

This is how I picture the Foundation as the rumor's swirl and the empty seats start filling up

amused jaw drop GIF

And this last part was really interesting... so if you buy next year you are no longer locked in even at that price?

Thats right. Very glad I renewed. 

On 6/30/2021 at 1:57 PM, ZB'Tejas said:

One other question for anyone in the Terrace club. Have you had issues taking liquor drinks to your seat? I read that you can’t from the main club area but does that extend to the bars on the east and west side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can take liquor from the side bars to your seats without issue.

• Like 1

I'm in Fort Collins and thinking about buying season tickets to use in one or two trips to Austin per year, and try to make as much back of my out-of-pocket costs as possible by re-selling the rest. Anyone have thoughts on what the sweet spot section or price for that would be? I would like good enough seats to justify my trips while also maximizing net profit on the resale market. Sec 4 3 Row 20ish was $6100 including donation. I was looking at those 2 but wondering if cheaper seats/donation might make more sense. Or does the 50 yl / section 4 typically bring higher on the resale market to justify the extra 2k for 2 seats?

Edited by Chopper