Season Ticket Renewal

blacklab

1 hour ago, ZB'Tejas said:

I thought we were locked in on donation level?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did.  If I didn’t renew, to buy the same tickets my donation would be $200 higher per seat.  So if I give them up now to get them back in a few years it’ll be at least that much more.  I lost $700 on my ticket last year (didn’t go to any games, young kids, Covid worried wife) was considering giving them up this year but now I’m not so sure.

21 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

22-B52-DD9-D597-47-B0-B7-B4-71-D464-F99-

What method do they approve?

They are not for resale.

https://texassports.com/sports/2015/3/4/tickets_0304151739.aspx?id=607

Discounted Tickets and Passes Are Not Eligible for Resale
Texas Athletics continues to provide discounted tickets for season ticket holders who use their tickets to attend events to support our student-athletes; however, season ticket holders who pay discounted prices may not sell their tickets on the secondary market. The following discounted tickets and passes are ineligible for resale on the secondary market:

• Season tickets where the donation level is below the current published per-seat contribution

• Like 1

Thanks. I didn’t catch the discounted tickets part. It’s not like it’s the first word in the policy or anything.

Someone hacked my account last year and stole my etickets. I got it corrected, but it wasn’t quick and easy. I’m still pissed about having to jump through all kinds of bureaucratic hoops. I’ve had season tickets for 35 gotdam years and donated close to six figures...and I'm Surly.  You’d think they might trust that I wasn’t trying to pull off the great eticket scam. We’re just numbers to them. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

I am being relocated by force from Section 19 to Section 31.  My donation in Sec 19 was $200 per seat but that map shows that Section 31 is $500 per seat.  I can't sell my tickets now unless I accept a 250% increase in my seat donation.  This seems very unreasonable to me.

2 hours ago, TexasGary said:

I am being relocated by force from Section 19 to Section 31.  My donation in Sec 19 was $200 per seat but that map shows that Section 31 is $500 per seat.  I can't sell my tickets now unless I accept a 250% increase in my seat donation.  This seems very unreasonable to me.

Same - not only are they raising per seat cost from $650 to $950 but they are ineligible for resale. Since I live in CO, I will pass on the renewal 

Renewed our four season tickets Thursday by telephone. Had to wait on hold for about 5 minutes, then another five speaking with the student agent rep.easy peasy. Received email confirmation immediately afterwards.
Almost 40 years in the same two Section 1 seats, about 25 years for the two extra nosebleeds in 101.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Eggo said:

I've been in the Centennial Club for events, but never for a game. My wife doesn't really want to sit out in the elements, and quite frankly, she's the breadwinner and boss. Anyone vouch for the experience up there?

Moved up there 3 seasons ago after 48 seasons in Sec 6. It works for us, most of our old tailgating friends have moved or don't do it anymore. The food up there is better than 99% of the tailgates I've been to. Wife and daughters like it and are more likely want to go to the games.

Pros- Seats are comfy, the food is great, and you spend zero time waiting in line and everything is prepaid so you just grab what you want (kids love it). Lots of tables, lots of TV screens or you can just take your food or drink back to your seat. Shrimp and carving stations are great, but they have wings and the best hot dogs in the stadium. I like being able to get an iced tea instead of a coke or water. Full bar if your interested, but you do have to pay for alcohol. You can't hear the audio from the  jumbotron, (I see that as a plus, YMMV) they pipe in Craig Way from the LHRN. You have no less than 2 screens visible from any seat, one of them is a repeat of the feed of the jumbotron. View from row 1 is not much different than I had from Sec 6. The women in my family like the climate control and the clean restrooms with no wait, enough to have commented on how nice they are. (whatever... watch football). A higher percentage of people are serious about watching the game as compared to Sec 6.

Cons- It's pricy.

There are 5 rows of seats and there is a good reason Row 5 is the cheapest (it probably shouldn't even be there) the upper deck just encroaches too much into the view. .  I'm in row 1 with the only downside being you lose some the benefit of HVAC as soon as they open the windows (again, whatever... watch football) but if your wife doesn't want to be in the elements get something in row 2-4.

They used to have earlier games on the screens up top before our K/O's but this year they mostly had a radio feed and loop of UT related stuff on the screens, perhaps that was due to the string of 11:00 kicks.

Getting out after the game could probably be better, but it's not significantly different than some other parts of the stadium.

Edited by 927 E. 41st
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

anyone here have any experience with Longhorn Lounge tickets?  I've got 4 in 27 but for 11AM/2:30PM games it can be hot as balls.  I'm thinking about giving up 2 in 27 and getting 2 somewhere else and LL seemed like an option.  I know the lounge area isn't climate controlled but at least you can head to the shade if needed.

4 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Moved up there 3 seasons ago after 48 seasons in Sec 6. It works for us, most of our old tailgating friends have moved or don't do it anymore. The food up there is better than 99% of the tailgates I've been to. Wife and daughters like it and are more likely want to go to the games.

Pros- Seats are comfy, the food is great, and you spend zero time waiting in line and everything is prepaid so you just grab what you want (kids love it). Lots of tables, lots of TV screens or you can just take your food or drink back to your seat. Shrimp and carving stations are great, but they have wings and the best hot dogs in the stadium. I like being able to get an iced tea instead of a coke or water. Full bar if your interested, but you do have to pay for alcohol. You can't hear the audio from the  jumbotron, (I see that as a plus, YMMV) they pipe in Craig Way from the LHRN. You have no less than 2 screens visible from any seat, one of them is a repeat of the feed of the jumbotron. View from row 1 is not much different than I had from Sec 6. The women in my family like the climate control and the clean restrooms with no wait, enough to have commented on how nice they are. (whatever... watch football). A higher percentage of people are serious about watching the game as compared to Sec 6.

Cons- It's pricy.

There are 5 rows of seats and there is a good reason Row 5 is the cheapest (it probably shouldn't even be there) the upper deck just encroaches too much into the view. .  I'm in row 1 with the only downside being you lose some the benefit of HVAC as soon as they open the windows (again, whatever... watch football) but if your wife doesn't want to be in the elements get something in row 2-4.

They used to have earlier games on the screens up top before our K/O's but this year they mostly had a radio feed and loop of UT related stuff on the screens, perhaps that was due to the string of 11:00 kicks.

Getting out after the game could probably be better, but it's not significantly different than some other parts of the stadium.

This was very helpful and exactly what I needed. Thank you. 

I'll be in my final semester of grad school this fall, but if it's not this year, we'll be up there the following. 

21 hours ago, TexasGary said:

If you don’t want to go to all the games, don’t buy season tickets. ‘Supporting the program’ means attending games, not just coughing up cash, despite what the athletic department might think. I think this dynamic will make the atmosphere at basketball games like night and day next year, and even though it’s going to cost me more I support it.

And you can still sell your seats, it’s just going to be more of a hassle…

Edited by Ignatius

On 3/10/2022 at 11:40 PM, ImissWallyPryor said:

Thanks. I didn’t catch the discounted tickets part. It’s not like it’s the first word in the policy or anything.

Someone hacked my account last year and stole my etickets. I got it corrected, but it wasn’t quick and easy. I’m still pissed about having to jump through all kinds of bureaucratic hoops. I’ve had season tickets for 35 gotdam years and donated close to six figures...and I'm Surly.  You’d think they might trust that I wasn’t trying to pull off the great eticket scam. We’re just numbers to them. 

anyone 20 years+ should get white glove service 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If you don’t want to go to all the games, don’t buy season tickets.

This is what it all boils down to…CDC will goose the margins every year to ensure that the customer/donor always loses with respect to ROI…it is unavoidable.

Let’s say for example there’s a huge uproar about the no-resale policy and people mobilize a big deal protest about it….CDC will just come up with some “By popular demand, an exclusive fan-centric partnership agreement with UT/StubHub” that collects like a 35% commission for your online sale. You will never win.

The extra home game this year is another great example…eating the dick on increased ticket cost + donation undermines the whole “let’s just buy solid season tix so we’re good for Bama and then sell the games we don’t want” angle. The market is gonna be trash for almost every other game. 3 home games in a row to start the season (book-ending the Bama game) is gonna dilute the market even further. It’s all bullshit from a purely financial standpoint…which is 1000% by design.

Season tickets make a lot of sense if you truly love the gameday atmosphere and don’t want to miss a game regardless of opponent or on-field product…in other words, a purely emotional/irrational purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Muny_Tex said:

Season tickets make a lot of sense if you truly love the gameday atmosphere and don’t want to miss a game regardless of opponent or on-field product…in other words, a purely emotional/irrational purchase.

I suppose that's what I am. I have rising hope every year and have seen a lot of ball, both good and bad. Been very happy and very disappointed walking out of DKR. 

I don't golf and I only attend other sporting events sporadicly (I do love attending a Texas volleyball game). So between flying down to the game, renting a car and doing a night or two in a hotel plus tickets, I spend an irrational amount of time and expense to see Texas play football. Fortunately I married a girl that enjoys it as well, and has just accepted that this is the way it is.

From my perspective though, why would you sell your tickets? Go to a movie? Play golf? Going to a football game is a better time, if for any reason it's not then there are lots of ways to change up how to go about it. Don't get me wrong, I love going to a big game, but I'm interested in how they play no matter the opponent.

On 3/12/2022 at 4:17 PM, 6th Street said:

How would they even enforce ticket resales? 

With virtual tickets, I imagine it would be fairly easy to make them non transferable. I would much prefer tangible tickets, and I’d be willing to bet >90% of the season ticket holders would agree. But, it’s not about giving the customer what they want, it’s about controlling more aspects of the transaction so Bellmont can squeeze every last penny out of that customer. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Rage+1 2

7 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

With virtual tickets, I imagine it would be fairly easy to make them non transferable. I would much prefer tangible tickets, and I’d be willing to bet >90% of the season ticket holders would agree. But, it’s not about giving the customer what they want, it’s about controlling more aspects of the transaction so Bellmont can squeeze every last penny out of that customer. 

That's insane and if so it will lead to a ton of empty seats from people not being able to unload tickets on stubhub. Assuming 90% of the roughly 60k season ticket holders are grandfathered in, that's over 50k seats that are ineligible for resale and will sit empty for shitty games 

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

That's insane and if so it will lead to a ton of empty seats from people not being able to unload tickets on stubhub. Assuming 90% of the roughly 60k season ticket holders are grandfathered in, that's over 50k seats that are ineligible for resale and will sit empty for shitty games 

You can still sell them it’s just harder and it takes a higher level of trust.  You’d have to send screenshots of your tickets  and the buyer would have to trust you or provide your login/password to the person your selling to which means the seller would have to trust the buyer.

On 3/12/2022 at 12:05 PM, dcar00 said:

anyone here have any experience with Longhorn Lounge tickets?  I've got 4 in 27 but for 11AM/2:30PM games it can be hot as balls.  I'm thinking about giving up 2 in 27 and getting 2 somewhere else and LL seemed like an option.  I know the lounge area isn't climate controlled but at least you can head to the shade if needed.

I sat there a few years ago... Seats are still in the direct sun for all but the 7pm games. But as you said you can take a break in the lounge where there is a decent food option. Sight lines from 19 were pretty good. Think the student section be below and next to it.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

You can still sell them it’s just harder and it takes a higher level of trust.  You’d have to send screenshots of your tickets  and the buyer would have to trust you or provide your login/password to the person your selling to which means the seller would have to trust the buyer.

I would think you could still transfer the tickets you just need to manage the payment process separately. They can't just take away the ability to give the tickets to someone else. For all they know you are just transferring the ticket to the guests you are bringing to the game. 

55 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

I would think you could still transfer the tickets you just need to manage the payment process separately. They can't just take away the ability to give the tickets to someone else. For all they know you are just transferring the ticket to the guests you are bringing to the game. 

I think this is correct.  you'll just have to meet someone like you did in the old days.  I sold on stubhub mutiple times last couple of years, because it was convenient, a couple of hours before the game, if we couldn't use all 4.  always lost money though.  usually would eat the 4th if it was only 3 to have more room.  I've resigned myself to the fact that Texas is going to make it a complete pain in the ass for the grandfathered, so as to try to get people to dump their season tickets.  

If they take away the ability to transfer the eticket, to anyone you want to, that will be the nuclear option.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

I sat there a few years ago... Seats are still in the direct sun for all but the 7pm games. But as you said you can take a break in the lounge where there is a decent food option. Sight lines from 19 were pretty good. Think the student section be below and next to it.

Thanks.  how was the lounge area?  crowded?  and did they have fans at least?

I believe that CDC mentioned on the town hall that the reason tickets went up is because we are getting a 7th game this year.  I went back and reviewed last years tickets.  I was in Section 17 and was charged $450 per season ticket.  $450 / 6 = $75 per game on average.  If CDC is correct that prices are only going up because the 7th game then I should expect to pay $525 for a 2022 ticket.

This year after being relocated to Section 31 the per season ticket is $640.  $640 / 7 = $91 per ticket.  I think CDC is mistaken.

I believe that CDC mentioned on the town hall that the reason tickets went up is because we are getting a 7th game this year.  I went back and reviewed last years tickets.  I was in Section 17 and was charged $450 per season ticket.  $450 / 6 = $75 per game on average.  If CDC is correct that prices are only going up because the 7th game then I should expect to pay $525 for a 2022 ticket.
This year after being relocated to Section 31 the per season ticket is $640.  $640 / 7 = $91 per ticket.  I think CDC is mistaken.

CDC knows most people aren’t going to do the math.

• 3 weeks later...
They were normally $150 right?

Last year was a price increase to $150. It wasn’t that long ago they were right at $100 or so.

Some bullshit. Big part of the value of renewing for us was being able to secure OU tickets at a reasonable price. We’ll see how sear selection goes I guess.