Season Ticket Renewal

blacklab

On 3/10/2022 at 11:29 PM, TKthunder2 said:

After getting season tickets last year for the first time in a long time, we didn't renew for this year, mostly due to the game experience & the whole experience in general being a bit of a beating. This just validates that decision. We'll just hit the secondary market from now on & mostly just go to Texas-ou. Save a lot of money & still have fun. /csb

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, hornbri said:

Parking selection and the chance to move seats looks to either have started or starts next week (! have a time on Monday) and runs through May 6th. 

Next Monday, big timer.

So if we move does that impact the "locking in donation forever" that we were promised last year? Although it seems they might just raise ticket prices to get around it but still would be good to know.

4 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Next Monday, big timer.

So if we move does that impact the "locking in donation forever" that we were promised last year? Although it seems they might just raise ticket prices to get around it but still would be good to know.

They are just going to raise ticket prices now that donations aren't tax deductible and they are splitting donations for basketball, no on is really going to care. 

On 4/2/2022 at 9:19 PM, wood said:

After getting season tickets last year for the first time in a long time, we didn't renew for this year, mostly due to the game experience & the whole experience in general being a bit of a beating. This just validates that decision. We'll just hit the secondary market from now on & mostly just go to Texas-ou. Save a lot of money & still have fun. /csb

I had no idea that was still a policy but they aren't enforcing it.   I have tix that are technically not for resale according to that link and have never had anyone say anything.  Have sold via stubhub (which partners with UT so they have the information) numerous times the last 5+ years.  Of course I typically sale at a loss with the shit product we have had so it would take some nerve to bitch at me about it.

Edited by Skipper
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Honeysucklerose said:

I know it’s been discussed, but $175 for OU IS A CRIME. now, take my money.

I mean compared to prices for most large scale events these days that is still pretty cheap comparatively for a marquee event.  I think the only thing that's a crime is that 50 yard line seats are priced the same as upper corners.  I get that it's a perk for donors to get good seats well under market value, but depending on each team's start to the season, that may be well overpriced for shitty seats.  And you have to lock in not knowing exactly where your seats will be.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 10:19 PM, wood said:

This is a seriously jackass part of the policy:

"...The following discounted tickets and passes are ineligible for resale on the secondary market:

• Season tickets where the donation level is below the current published per-seat contribution..."
  • Rage+1 1

On 4/6/2022 at 5:53 AM, Longboard Horn said:

Those were the days. I didn't mind $150 each last year, but $175?! That's outrageous!

Not sure when the huge escalation started, but I've still got some stubs from '94 when they were $17 a game.  And you didn't even need to donate to get guaranteed OU tickets.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, bullet said:

Not sure when the huge escalation started, but I've still got some stubs from '94 when they were $17 a game.  And you didn't even need to donate to get guaranteed OU tickets.

That is wild. There has definitely been a steep increase even in recent years. Face was right at $100 (it might have been $90 or $110 or whatever but in that ballpark) when I was a student 2010-14 and stayed there for a few years after I graduated. It's escalated damn near annually the past few seasons.

Edited by gmr548

17 hours ago, bullet said:

This is a seriously jackass part of the policy:

"...The following discounted tickets and passes are ineligible for resale on the secondary market:

• Season tickets where the donation level is below the current published per-seat contribution..."

It sounds like you can’t sell these tickets on Stubhub where the barcode does an official transfer, but can you still do an official ticket transfer online to someone else?

2 hours ago, MrBig said:

It sounds like you can’t sell these tickets on Stubhub where the barcode does an official transfer, but can you still do an official ticket transfer online to someone else?

That's a Patterson thing, I had "grandfathered" seats when that jackass started this policy. It kind of pissed me off but on his list of crimes this one probably doesn't even get halfway up the list.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, hornbri said:

OU seat selection starts next week it looks like, I have a time slot on Tuesday (you can log in now and see what seats are open/picked). 

Mine isn't until August 12th. I wonder if there'll be any seats left by then. This is my first year buying season tickets. I'm surprised it let me request OU tickets given I purchased the Young Alumni season tickets. 

3 hours ago, Tex48 said:

Mine isn't until August 12th. I wonder if there'll be any seats left by then. This is my first year buying season tickets. I'm surprised it let me request OU tickets given I purchased the Young Alumni season tickets. 

There are time slots up until the 15th, so I think there should be some remaining for sure. This is my second year and I’m on the 11th. Not expecting lower bowl, but will be checking the site way too much over the next month hoping a pair stays open with no pillar in proximity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tex48 said:

once they increased the seating capacity at the Cotton Bowl to 90K+ pretty much all season ticket holders were able to get seats.  before that there was a chance you wouldn't get them depending on your donation level. 

5 hours ago, hornbri said:

OU seat selection starts next week it looks like, I have a time slot on Tuesday (you can log in now and see what seats are open/picked). 

Take note Surly brethren, this is a master class level humblebrag post.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

once they increased the seating capacity at the Cotton Bowl to 90K+ pretty much all season ticket holders were able to get seats.  before that there was a chance you wouldn't get them depending on your donation level. 

Yeah, if you have season tickets you’ll definitely get OU seats. The sight lines in the upper deck are great, it’s just the fucking sun. ‘Nosebleeds’ in the CB are great seats….

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hornbri said:

Damn, High Roller! Good for you. Hope you get great seats. I won’t know until 8/9.  Hoping at that point I’m not stuck in the ou section 🫤…

On 7/7/2022 at 8:03 PM, NTVTXN said:

Damn, High Roller! Good for you. Hope you get great seats. I won’t know until 8/9.  Hoping at that point I’m not stuck in the ou section 🫤…

They actually won’t let you pick seats in the OU section….

July 26 here.  Can’t wait to pick better seats than what I’ve been allotted in recent years.  I should be in decent shape on the pecking order, but last 5 years or so I’ve been stuck in the last few upper rows of lower corner end zone.  The cover from the sun is nice, but you can’t see either video board or hear a single thing from stadium announcer, and the tvs mounted above on the back of the upper level seats are on a serious delay from live action and the one in the corner by us last year wasn’t working.  The columns definitely block your sight lines, even if not directly behind them.  And definitely a different crowd than anything sitting around me in Austin. No season ticket holders in sight based on conversations I’ve had with those around me.  Looking forward to moving down several rows, even if it means some sun on the back for first half. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Just did my selection.  Section 23 Row 41

19 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Got some in Section 8 yesterday. Upgrade from section 9 the last few years.  Just hoping I’m far enough back to get some shade from the overhang.

From my experience there, for an 11AM kick the shade line on the east side is right about row 41-42 in the middle sections, and about row 39 on the west side at kick extending down to about row 30 or so by the end of the game

On 7/15/2022 at 12:48 AM, Wax Beer Cup said:

July 26 here.  Can’t wait to pick better seats than what I’ve been allotted in recent years.  I should be in decent shape on the pecking order, but last 5 years or so I’ve been stuck in the last few upper rows of lower corner end zone.  The cover from the sun is nice, but you can’t see either video board or hear a single thing from stadium announcer, and the tvs mounted above on the back of the upper level seats are on a serious delay from live action and the one in the corner by us last year wasn’t working.  The columns definitely block your sight lines, even if not directly behind them.  And definitely a different crowd than anything sitting around me in Austin. No season ticket holders in sight based on conversations I’ve had with those around me.  Looking forward to moving down several rows, even if it means some sun on the back for first half. 🤘

It’s still Bob Cole, right? Sounds like a big positive to me. 

• Haha 1

July 26 here.  Can’t wait to pick better seats than what I’ve been allotted in recent years.  I should be in decent shape on the pecking order, but last 5 years or so I’ve been stuck in the last few upper rows of lower corner end zone.  The cover from the sun is nice, but you can’t see either video board or hear a single thing from stadium announcer, and the tvs mounted above on the back of the upper level seats are on a serious delay from live action and the one in the corner by us last year wasn’t working.  The columns definitely block your sight lines, even if not directly behind them.  And definitely a different crowd than anything sitting around me in Austin. No season ticket holders in sight based on conversations I’ve had with those around me.  Looking forward to moving down several rows, even if it means some sun on the back for first half.

Username checks out