Season Ticket Renewal

blacklab

20 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Thanks for letting us know that your incredibly early selection time allowed you to select desirable seats.

Sorry, I guess it came off that way. I've been fighting off Covid and was mostly trying to get across that it was quick and (relatively) pain free. 

On 7/18/2022 at 8:16 PM, 927 E. 41st said:

It was fairly pain free, I found 6 in a row high enough up to be out of the sun fairly early. Pretty easy and fast.

What row/sections do you think are high enough up to be out of the sun early?  I've only sat in the student section. (Graduated a year ago) Hoping there's something good left when I get to pick. 

You can get all the way up under the deck if you desire, but the columns that support the upper deck are around row 49-51. As others have stated, they are less of a problem if you are way up.  Section 8 about row 33 is in the sun for approximately half the game if it's an 11:00 kick. Slightly lower rows get shade earlier as you move toward 9-10, but as you turn the corner to the end zone you might not get shade at all (again with the 11:00 kick). It has been pretty hot and sunny the last couple of years, but I think I've experienced  every type of weather/ precip while sitting in that stadium. Just as I have experienced the highest of highs and lowest of lows! You never know, I've been lucky enough to be down close for the Richard Peavy hit on Marcus Dupree (youngsters might need to look it up, but as close as I was it sounded like a minor car wreck). And I though I had pretty bad seats one year, but was about 35 rows up on the goal line with a beautiful view of the Stonie Clark goaline stop. So you never know, sometimes the game makes the seat great!

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

You can get all the way up under the deck if you desire, but the columns that support the upper deck are around row 49-51. As others have stated, they are less of a problem if you are way up.  Section 8 about row 33 is in the sun for approximately half the game if it's an 11:00 kick. Slightly lower rows get shade earlier as you move toward 9-10, but as you turn the corner to the end zone you might not get shade at all (again with the 11:00 kick). It has been pretty hot and sunny the last couple of years, but I think I've experienced  every type of weather/ precip while sitting in that stadium. Just as I have experienced the highest of highs and lowest of lows! You never know, I've been lucky enough to be down close for the Richard Peavy hit on Marcus Dupree (youngsters might need to look it up, but as close as I was it sounded like a minor car wreck). And I though I had pretty bad seats one year, but was about 35 rows up on the goal line with a beautiful view of the Stonie Clark goaline stop. So you never know, sometimes the game makes the seat great!

Agree with the above; the beams aren’t near as bad once you hit row 60 or so. Given how this summer has gone, shade is a must for me….

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Borachio said:

Snagged 2 OU tickets today during my selection time.  Last row of the upper deck on the east side, about the 45 yard line. Please sweet baby Jesus be overcast!

Careful what you wish for, it's rare but I have been begging for a warm bitter ray of sunshine and it's associated warmth while watching this game.

5 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Careful what you wish for, it's rare but I have been begging for a warm bitter ray of sunshine and it's associated warmth while watching this game.

My first OU game was in 2000.  I belive it was almost sleeting if I remember correctly.  But I tried to block that one out. 

• Rage+1 1

On 8/2/2022 at 5:58 PM, 927 E. 41st said:

Oh no, it wasn't almost, there was honest to God sleet and that wasn't the most miserable thing about it. 

I don’t remember the sleet. I just remember a steady cold-ass rain…it poured and ou poured it on. Ugh.

I do remember sleet at the ‘91 Cotton Bowl. Now, THAT was miserable.

And my apologies.  Why the hell am I bringing up such misery? 

Oh for fucks sake. I was there. It was cold it was wet it was miserable but it wasn’t fucking sleeting. Temp was 49 degrees at kickoff and the rain actually brought it up a bit. Physics….how does it work.

bf190a648a8f29da000a00b522c54d52.png

Don’t make shit more horrible than it was. Which was pretty fucking horrible.

• Haha 1

After last year, I’d take cold and rainy. I’ve never actually had a cold OU experience. Been going since starting school in 2010 and it’s been somewhere between warm and really hot every time.

I did miss 2019, which has essentially perfect weather, but the game was so infuriating I’m not even that mad about it.

My selection was last Wednesday but I missed it b/c I was whitewater rafting at the time on the Snake River in WY and had no signal. This concludes my humble brag. By the time I got to a signal, they’d chosen for me and put me 20+ rows up in the upper deck with the sun on my neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, gmr548 said:

After last year, I’d take cold and rainy. I’ve never actually had a cold OU experience. Been going since starting school in 2010 and it’s been somewhere between warm and really hot every time.

I did miss 2019, which has essentially perfect weather, but the game was so infuriating I’m not even that mad about it.

2010 had really good weather as well, and was an equally infuriating game. We had 3 late hit/PF penalties on 3rd down that kept drives alive where OU subsequently scored….

On 8/2/2022 at 4:26 PM, Borachio said:

Snagged 2 OU tickets today during my selection time.  Last row of the upper deck on the east side, about the 45 yard line. Please sweet baby Jesus be overcast!

I had these same exact seats last year, the one saving grace being at the top of the stadium is the wind made it bearable.  Lot of sun but with a steady breeze.  Take a hat and sunscreen

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, allrightallrightallright said:

I had these same exact seats last year, the one saving grace being at the top of the stadium is the wind made it bearable.  Lot of sun but with a steady breeze.  Take a hat and sunscreen

Yeah if you’re literally at the top you’ll get some wind action that the people in the rest of the section won’t get. Plus, any seat anywhere in the upper deck is still a great sight line….

Edited by Ignatius

On 8/9/2022 at 11:19 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Oh for fucks sake. I was there. It was cold it was wet it was miserable but it wasn’t fucking sleeting. Temp was 49 degrees at kickoff and the rain actually brought it up a bit. Physics….how does it work.

It did sleet that day, and it has been recorded with high surface temperatures (not totally unlike hail on 100 degree day). The temps at 3000 and 6000 feet are a factor, the surface temp is almost irrelevant. Yes, it can also sleet on some parts of the stadium and not others. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/12/2022 at 3:02 PM, Tex48 said:

I just snagged my OU seats. There weren't a lot of great options left. I'm endzone upper level row 14. Anyone sat in these sections before? 

Sat in 14 many times. As long as you're in row 30 or above you're okay. It's not the greatest of views but it's no too bad, and at least you're downstairs. There's nothing worse than sitting in an upper deck at a football stadium. Feels like you're watching the game from another zip code. 

2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Sat in 14 many times. As long as you're in row 30 or above you're okay. It's not the greatest of views but it's no too bad, and at least you're downstairs. There's nothing worse than sitting in an upper deck at a football stadium. Feels like you're watching the game from another zip code. 

Uh…….he’s upstairs dude.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/20/2022 at 8:52 AM, Longboard Horn said:

If any of y'all are able to get extra tickets for the OU game I will buy them.

Este. Anyone know when the leftover tickets go on sale? Sorry if I missed it.

Edited by wood

On 8/12/2022 at 3:02 PM, Tex48 said:

I just snagged my OU seats. There weren't a lot of great options left. I'm endzone upper level row 14. Anyone sat in these sections before? 

I have sat in a similar section quite a few times.  If it's like the last couple years it's hot as shit; take a hat, sunscreen and shades.  During halftime, I'd grab a beer and go sit in the 'Creative Arts' hall to get some air conditioning, but I'm on the wrong side of 40.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, allrightallrightallright said:

I have sat in a similar section quite a few times.  If it's like the last couple years it's hot as shit; take a hat, sunscreen and shades.  During halftime, I'd grab a beer and go sit in the 'Creative Arts' hall to get some air conditioning, but I'm on the wrong side of 40.  

How bad is the view from the sections?

12 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

There isn’t a bad view in the upper deck of the Cotton Bowl…

Yet another meteorological comment. The comment above is true, except 1st quarter 1999 Cotton Bowl from the upper deck you couldn't see the field due to fog. IIRC it got better reasonably quickly. But maybe the first 5-7 minutes of clock time, it was hard to tell what was going on. What went on all day was Run Ricky, Run!

• Hook 'Em 1

I sat upper deck end zone as a freshman. Better than the lower deck seats I had as a senior. Obviously you’d rather be sideline, but it’ll be fine. Upper deck is much better at the Cotton Bowl in general.

On 8/9/2022 at 10:19 PM, Surly Bevo said:

It can, and frequently does, sleet when surface temps are above freezing.

2 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Yet another meteorological comment. The comment above is true, except 1st quarter 1999 Cotton Bowl from the upper deck you couldn't see the field due to fog. IIRC it got better reasonably quickly. But maybe the first 5-7 minutes of clock time, it was hard to tell what was going on. What went on all day was Run Ricky, Run!

This is true…

Edited by Ignatius