2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 minute ago, Macanudo said:

Did NC just give up on any updates?   They've been sitting on the same numbers since around lunch time but still show 5% of the vote outstanding.   And no one has called it so something is up.

Not trying to be an ass, but do you watch any news source or are you relying on surly for all your updates?  All your questions are easily answered.  Just curious. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Did NC just give up on any updates?   They've been sitting on the same numbers since around lunch time but still show 5% of the vote outstanding.   And no one has called it so something is up.

Between them and Nevada, it's almost like they don't want to call a race that will make this thing closer (and Trumpublicans more likely to use violence in the areas of contested counting)

1 minute ago, Walte464 said:

RGV really flipped this election

13755370-6168-4D05-8633-0E4541BD544C.jpeg

I have a theory on that rgv thing:

Somebody coming out of high school can make 50k (+ federal benefits) a year as a border patrol agent if they speak decent spanish. Where else can a latino make that kind of money right out of high school? There is so much border patrol in the rgv, its like they are an occupying army. And a very very large percentage of them are hispanic. BP is probably one of the largest middle class employers in the RGV.

I have no doubt that BP agents, and their families and friends, are going to break for doTaRD.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/north-carolina-election-results-won-t-change-for-a-week-officials/ar-BB1aHuZc?bep_ref=1&bep_csid=23520&c=11760009100727416418%2C4410717749345817999%2C5777766023614001581&mkt=en-us%2Cen-us%2Cen-us

Spoiler

North Carolina election results won't change for a week: officials

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - North Carolina election officials said on Wednesday they did not expect vote totals reported by the state to change for more than a week, as the state remained undecided in both the U.S. presidential race and a Senate seat.

© Reuters/JONATHAN DRAKE FILE PHOTO: Polling place on election day in Durham, North Carolina

North Carolina has 15 electoral votes.

"With very few exceptions, North Carolina's election results will not change until Nov. 12 or 13, when all mail-in ballots are received and counted by each county," Karen Brinson Bell, executive director of the state Board of Elections, told a news conference.

Video: Here's how many votes separate Trump, Biden in Georgia (WXIA-TV Atlanta)

Here's how many votes separate Trump, Biden in Georgia

State officials have been processing some 5.5 million ballots, but there are 117,000 outstanding mail-in ballots - many of which may not have been cast - and an undetermined number of provisional ballots still in the mix. 

As of Wednesday, Republican President Donald Trump led his Democratic challenger, Joe Biden, in North Carolina by 50.1% to 48.7% that left the race too close to call.

In the Senate race, Republican Senator Thom Tillis declared victory on Tuesday evening, but Democrat Cal Cunningham has not conceded. Tillis' lead of 48.7% to 46.9% is considered too slim to call the race.

(Reporting by Patricia Zengerle; Editing by Cynthia Osterman)

3 minutes ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

Not trying to be an ass, but do you watch any news source or are you relying on surly for all your updates?  All your questions are easily answered.  Just curious. 

Have had CNN/MSNBC on pretty much all day in the background with the exception of about 2 hours this evening when I stepped away.   None of them have mentioned anything about NC that I have heard.   

For example, I just heard an interview of a Maricopa County election worker (on Fox because their chryon said it was going on.)

She advised that a data dump out of AZ is coming at 1:00 eastern.  Also said there were Biden supporters outside the building as they were leaving but the video clearly showed MAGAts and lots of Trump signs. 

From Texags. Had to share bc just too precious:

FWIW: There's some chatter about the campaign actually wanting all (Penn, Michigan, Wisky, Georgia) to be within the recount parameters. They don't believe the ACTUAL votes are there - just fudged numbers. Letting them "hang themselves" so to speak, then using the recount to expose them.

This crossed my mind earlier today and I think I posted something along those lines, but it was more of an afterthought.

Sounds kinda "Q" to me, but I've heard it a few places now. Might just be desperate folks grasp at Q straws.

It's interesting though.

6 minutes ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

Yet you pulled it off. I've been watching CNN all day and don't think I've heard what's up with NC's count, either. 

2 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Have had CNN/MSNBC on pretty much all day in the background with the exception of about 2 hours this evening when I stepped away.   None of them have mentioned anything about NC that I have heard.   

For example, I just heard an interview of a Maricopa County election worker (on Fox because their chryon said it was going on.)

She advised that a data dump out of AZ is coming at 1:00 eastern.  Also said there were Biden supporters outside the building as they were leaving but the video clearly showed MAGAts and lots of Trump signs. 

I really want to go to bed but keep waiting....

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

From Texags. Had to share bc just too precious:

FWIW: There's some chatter about the campaign actually wanting all (Penn, Michigan, Wisky, Georgia) to be within the recount parameters. They don't believe the ACTUAL votes are there - just fudged numbers. Letting them "hang themselves" so to speak, then using the recount to expose them.

This crossed my mind earlier today and I think I posted something along those lines, but it was more of an afterthought.

Sounds kind🥴a "Q" to me, but I've heard it a few places now. Might just be desperate folks grasp at Q straws.

It's interesting though.

🤣🤣

Thanks Wash.   That's the first that I had seen that about NC.   Also, the 117K number is interesting as well.   So far, there have been about 5.4 mm votes counted.   With 95% counted, according to various news sites (see, Wax, I do use news sources), there should still be about 287k outstanding.  Biden trails by  76k.  So he either way he needs to over perform between 64-66%. 

4 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Thanks Wash.   That's the first that I had seen that about NC.   Also, the 117K number is interesting as well.   So far, there have been about 5.4 mm votes counted.   With 95% counted, according to various news sites (see, Wax, I do use news sources), there should still be about 287k outstanding.  Biden trails by  76k.  So he either way he needs to over perform between 64-66%. 

NC has been under the radar. It's all coming down to where the mail in ballots are from. Some are heavy Biden. 

39 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's just in Fulton County.....

So.... basically, 15.5k lead, but let's call if 16k for Donny right now.  We're don't know the exact number of votes outstanding but it's estimated at a tad under 60k.  If those 17k from Fulton go 75% for Biden, then that's 8500 net gain left in Fulton or about half the number with other counties left.  

Where are y'all getting that the lead is down to 15.5k?

Fulton County in GA has 14K more to count

Director there said they’re processing nearly 3,000 per hour so probably take them until 5AM or so.

I think I’m about to call it a night. Wish we could get that second AZ dump before I shut things down though.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Director there said they’re processing nearly 3,000 per hour so probably take them until 5AM or so.

I think I’m about to call it a night. Wish we could get that second AZ dump before I shut things down though.

Those bastards have had me up for an extra hour. Screw it. Bed it is. Wake up tomorrow and I’m sure it will be over in PA. 

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Seems weird to me that we have to wait on a processed tranche just because the person who posts the tally has gone home. Doesn't seem like a terribly specialized job that nobody else can do. Hopefully the networks can get it tonight anyway. 

Looking at the GA counties that have 10k+ ballots outstanding, I don't see how dotard prevails. 

Besides the really big ones Fulton, Cobb and Gwinnet, there are gonna be a lot more Biden votes from medium-sized and heavily blue Clayton, Richmond, Chatham, Muscogee, Bibb, and Douglas. 

(the below list excludes counties that are listed as >98% reported) 

SmartSelect_20201105-004919_NYTimes.thumb.jpg.2c895161f421675b548a8722cc613163.jpgSmartSelect_20201105-004941_NYTimes.thumb.jpg.d1f3075fe12e5e0eba9d66fdfedde815.jpgSmartSelect_20201105-005052_NYTimes.thumb.jpg.e59fba3316ed652101baa2bfab49b2bf.jpg

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Hook 'Em 1

John King needs to be locked in the studio until this is over. I’d watch an NFL game again if they let him commentate it.

His young backup isn’t bad, goes overboard on trying to be objective which is actually appreciated. And Cuomo is a drag in this format.

4 minutes ago, bluto said:

His young backup isn’t bad, goes overboard on trying to be objective which is actually appreciated. And Cuomo is a drag in this format.

King is killing it but I like that kid too. One thing he does that King doesn't is sorting the map by percentage of outstanding votes. 

John King needs to be locked in the studio until this is over. I’d watch an NFL game again if they let him commentate it.

I like King but I feel like these segments have gotten incredibly repetitive. I wish they’d do more projecting with the numbers as more votes come in. I’ve been watching all day long. There are five states in play — I know each candidate’s path. You don’t need to keep showing them to me.