2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

So all bullshit aside, does Trump win this election if there was no global pandemic? I feel like his handling of covid actually flipped a lot more republicans than he realized. I saw more “Arizona republicans for Biden” signs around here than I saw “Biden/Harris” signs. 

I honestly don't think so. I just can't imagine that there were many people totally onboard with Trump for the shenanigans of the first 3 years changing their tune because of what amounts to poor handling of a natural disaster. I'm guessing there are more than a few people who vote solely based on their bank accounts who would say, "Struggling economy, let's try the new guy" but it wasn't like the market was THAT bad in recent months. People who lost income or their jobs entirely probably blame "liberal" restrictions.

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

For people so invested in the idea that perception is all that matters, it’s wild that they didn’t do any of the necessary legwork to create the perception of a legitimate judicial intervention.

Is it really though?  I’d argue completely and totally typical of this regime. 
I like my fascists who properly rig elections, and who win. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

6 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Can't wait till Biden is declared the winner today, really excited to have someone that can bring people back together.  Maybe some of my neighbors will begin speaking to me more as I walk my dog.

Trump has definitely laid the groundwork for Biden to struggle doing that. Enough of these idiots believe in the voter fraud accusations and they think they were cheated out of “Keep America great” “make liberal cry again”. I hope you’re right, but the base is still there 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Can't wait till Biden is declared the winner today, really excited to have someone that can bring people back together.  Maybe some of my neighbors will begin speaking to me more as I walk my dog.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. Trumpsters are too far gone. It wouldn't matter what candidate the D's beat him with, they think this idiot is a prophet and goddamn anyone who stands in his way. Win or lose, they will remain an angry lot. Trump was able to mobilize them in a very efficient way and they're not just going to suddenly not be dicks just because he lost. In fact they may actually get worse precisely because he lost. They're going to remain a problem for a very long time.

What the D's need to do is immediately start gearing up for 2022. They need to pull their fucking heads out of their asses and come to grips with the fact that the younger generation is far more progressive than they want to admit, and they need to come up with a way to efficiently mobilize them in every single state. If they seriously think this Clintonian model will catch fire again, they stand to lose everything right back to those psychos in 2-4 years.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Trump has definitely laid the groundwork for Biden to struggle doing that. Enough of these idiots believe in the voter fraud accusations and they think they were cheated out of “Keep America great” “make liberal cry again”. I hope you’re right, but the base is still there 

Liberals may cry some, but the Trump supporters on any of my social media feeds are having delusions, melt downs and panic attacks. These folks are insane.

Also, have these cultist actually listened to Trump speak? They say Biden can’t string three sentences together, yet Trump can’t make a coherent thought.

What time will PA flip??

Dems need to start telling the public some hard truths about what the Republican Party has become. Dems have pretended otherwise for far too long and not only has it cost them electorally, it has put us all in great danger. Millions of Americans are trapped in a collective delusion because people like Ted Cruz and Greg Abbott are happy to feed the delusion and their violent impulses to get their votes.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I don’t see that happening as easily as you think.  These people are stupid as fuck and believe this shit trump says even though he has no evidence.  These people are so stupid as fuck can can’t comprehend the ballots being counted now are mail-in ballots that were sent to the election site by Election Day which is exactly what the rule states.  These people are so stupid as fuck they can’t comprehend that there are SEVERAL states still counting ballots after Election Day because that’s how it’s been done in the USA for forever. 

You can’t bargain, fix, correct, or compromise with stupid fucking people, and that’s exactly who these trump people are. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I really don't get the end of the world predictions on TigerDroppings, TexAgs, and SicEm365. We all know Joe Biden will be Joe Biden as president and keep things pretty centrist like the establishment figue he's been for 40 years. You then more than likely throw in a GOP senate.

How exactly does the "omg communism!!!" fear work with Joe freaking Biden and a GOP senate?

9 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Unfortunately it's not that simple. Trumpsters are too far gone. It wouldn't matter what candidate the D's beat him with, they think this idiot is a prophet and goddamn anyone who stands in his way. Win or lose, they will remain an angry lot. Trump was able to mobilize them in a very efficient way and they're not just going to suddenly not be dicks just because he lost. In fact they may actually get worse precisely because he lost. They're going to remain a problem for a very long time.

What the D's need to do is immediately start gearing up for 2022. They need to pull their fucking heads out of their asses and come to grips with the fact that the younger generation is far more progressive than they want to admit, and they need to come up with a way to efficiently mobilize them in every single state. If they seriously think this Clintonian model will catch fire again, they stand to lose everything right back to those psychos in 2-4 years.

I agree with you and I think a great start would be to replace Pelosi.

No idea why anyone thinks she is doing a good job.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

I don’t see that happening as easily as you think.  These people are stupid as fuck and believe this shit trump says even though he has no evidence.  These people are so stupid as fuck can can’t comprehend the ballots being counted now are mail-in ballots that were sent to the election site by Election Day which is exactly what the rule states.  These people are so stupid as fuck they can’t comprehend that there are SEVERAL states still counting ballots after Election Day because that’s how it’s been done in the USA for forever. 

You can’t bargain, fix, correct, or compromise with stupid fucking people, and that’s exactly who these trump people are. 

Check This Out GIF

Yeah with both the lowest percentage of ballots counted so far and the most outstanding gross number of votes to count is California.  Only about 70% counted thus far.  Nobody seems to be complaining that they're still receiving ballots by mail today and that that will continue for up to another week.  

I understand Trump making sweeping allegations of voter fraud, that's just what he does.  But how does a guy in real estate not understand how mail works? 

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Dems need to start telling the public some hard truths about what the Republican Party has become. Dems have pretended otherwise for far too long and not only has it cost them electorally, it has put us all in great danger. Millions of Americans are trapped in a collective delusion because people like Ted Cruz and Greg Abbott are happy to feed the delusion and their violent impulses to get their votes.

True.  And since the SC has ruled that corporations, and presumably organizations, have individual rights,  the DNC should sue Cruz and Abbott for defamation/libel and take them to court demanding that they present proof or issue an apology wearing a dunce hat

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-national-security-officials-horrified-by-his-election-lies?ref=home?ref=home

Even members of President Donald Trump’s own national security team are worried about the misleading information he’s pushing about the vote count. And they’re increasingly concerned that the president will not respect the final results.

Top national security officials say they have spent the days since the election tracking disinformation about the vote count, including Team Trump’s efforts to erode trust in the ballot tallying and reporting process. Despite working with the big social media companies to flag some of those falsities, officials say there is little they can do to prevent the president’s team from propagating disinformation in public—from Twitter to nationally televised press conferences. With increasingly flagrant efforts by Trump to cast doubt on the vote tallies, officials are preparing for how to handle a situation in which the race is officially called for Joe Biden—and Trump refuses to concede.

He’s already insisted multiple times that he’s the real winner of the election, and that many of Biden’s ballots are “illegal.” The consequences of such behavior will increase exponentially if Trump disputes the official result, officials say.
One senior official said they are “clear-eyed” about that possibility. “Based on what we saw today on Twitter and elsewhere… there’s a chance that things get even worse and we have to be prepared,” that official said.

Spoiler

If that happens, according to two officials familiar with the matter, one of the options would be to have the FBI or the Department of Homeland Security make a public statement reaffirming the integrity of the results of the vote. Officials said there is no such plan currently in place but officials have discussed the possibility.
“What’s happened here in the election is that people are standing up for integrity of the vote. The public seems to be assured enough that the legitimate ballots are being counted. The result will be what the result is,” said Dan Coats, the former director of national intelligence under Trump. “Candidates can say whatever they want to say but in the end it’s the facts that matter. The winner wins and the loser hopefully understands that with grace and accepts the loss.”
National security and intelligence officials have for months warned that the most serious disinformation threat to the election was domestic, not foreign. But the fact that officials are contingency planning for President Trump ignoring or fighting back against the final results of the 2020 presidential elections highlights the extent to which his own administration is concerned about his attempts to mislead the country.
On Thursday evening from the podium in the White House briefing room, the president told the American people that he had won the election, “if you count the legal votes.” That, of course, is misleading for several different reasons. For starters, the president is asserting, without any evidence, that illegal ballots have been cast. The president also claimed that “big media, big money, big tech” had conspired to “rig” the election against him, in part by putting out overly optimistic polls for Biden. Also untrue. The president’s nonsensical rant followed two days of him falsely claiming on Twitter victory in states that are still counting ballots. Twitter has flagged nine of the president’s tweets as misleading in recent days.
Asked for comment Tim Murtaugh, director of communications for the Trump campaign, said, “Silicon Valley’s mission to censor the President of the United States continues.”
Certain there were no foreign attacks on the election infrastructure, national security officials focused in the last several days on working closely with social media companies such as Twitter and Facebook to clamp down on domestic disinformation. The majority of that disinformation, they said, stemmed from Team Trump’s attempts to delegitimize the vote as tallies trickled in from states such as Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, and Pennsylvania. Despite efforts to block misleading Trump content, the president and his team continue to push forward with a campaign aimed at eroding trust not just in the ballot counting and reporting systems but in the entire electoral process.
“Through huge effort and great resolve, we as a nation rebuffed the known efforts of foreign adversaries who would seek to undermine our system and advance their own interests,” said Sue Gordon, former deputy director of national intelligence. “The fact that our own leaders are sowing distrust in the system, and, worse, suggesting malfeasance, dishonors the work done to make the election happen as it did, and creates a new opening for malign actors to achieve their aims.”
On Thursday, Team Trump made a mad-dash, erratic and disjointed attempt to save the president from defeat, with advisers appearing on various conservative television networks telling viewers that the election was rigged; that massive amounts of Biden votes have shown up randomly in “sacks”; and that state election officials have disallowed Trump representatives from overseeing the vote counting process.
Trump has also dispatched his lawyers, including Rudy Giuliani, to Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, and Nevada to file lawsuits that question the legality of the votes cast. At time of publication, Biden was gaining more votes than Trump was in Georgia, Nevada, and Pennsylvania. With the counting over in Michigan, Biden emerged on top.
The lawsuits vary in allegations and do not call for the same fix. In some states Team Trump is calling for vote counting to stop, while in other states Trump representatives are pushing states to continue counting every last vote. Asked about the Trump campaign's assertion that ballots in Pennsylvania were somehow invalid, state Attorney General Josh Shapiro told CNN’s Erin Burnett that there is “no legitimacy to those comments.” 
“We’re following the law here in Pennsylvania. We’re counting these legal votes. We are not going to get into any back-and-forth on the rhetoric or the politics. We will respect the will of the people of Pennsylvania,” he said.
In Nevada on Thursday, Ric Grenell, who briefly succeeded Coats as director of national intelligence, appeared with other Trump campaign officials to announce the filing of a lawsuit. “We believe that there are dead voters that have been counted,” he said, without providing a single piece of evidence to back up his assertion. After allegations of widespread voter fraud, officials in County Clark, Nevada, where Las Vegas is situated, said they only found one instance of fraud—a Trump supporter who tried to vote twice.
Beyond the lawsuits, Trump and his advisers have launched a massive campaign to challenge the entire electoral system, alleging that it is rigged and set up to favor Democrats. Trump has tweeted phrases throughout the day like “STOP THE FRAUD!” and “ANY VOTE THAT CAME IN AFTER ELECTION DAY WILL NOT BE COUNTED!”
And his son, Donald Trump Jr., followed along, posting on Twitter that there was voter fraud in Michigan, Nevada, Wisconsin, and Georgia with the hashtag #stopthesteal. As previously reported by The Daily Beast, a Facebook page titled “Stop the Steal” racked up hundreds of thousands of followers on Wednesday. It included members involved in previous Republican campaigns. Administrators include two Breitbart alumni who participated in a border wall scheme that led to federal charges
Twitter labeled all of those posts as misleading.
Since 2016, national security and law enforcement companies have worked much closer with social media companies to combat disinformation than in previous election cycles. In the run-up to the presidential election, FBI officials tipped off Twitter and Facebook to the presence of Iranian and Russian government-backed fake accounts and news platforms attempting to influence public opinion around the presidential election.
Both Twitter and Facebook have policies that allow election misinformation by candidates for office to remain on their platform on public interest grounds. Where the companies differ is in how they label misinformation from candidates.
“Due to the abdication of responsibility of those in power to create systemic change to our information ecosystem, we're playing a similar hand to that which was played in 2016, although labeling misinformation allows us to play that hand slightly better and is a good move by Twitter, and Facebook appears to be following suit,” Lisa Kaplan, the founder of the disinformation tracking firm Alethea Group says. “Given where we are, labeling is the responsible thing to do.”
Twitter updated its policies in advance of the election to add a disclaimer to the bottom of premature victory claims that warns: “Official sources may not have called the race when this was Tweeted."
But for posts that include misinformation about the voting process itself, the company has gone further and actively hidden tweets under a warning that “Some or all of the content” included may be misinformation. Social media users have to click through the warning first in order to see the underlying content.
Facebook has used a much lighter visual touch when labeling election misinformation from candidates on their platform. Instead of actively hiding offending posts from candidates, the platform allows them to remain immediately visible but attaches labels to the bottom of the post with claims from independent fact-checkers that tell visitors: “Election officials follow strict rules when it comes to ballot counting, handling and reporting.”
“Both systems ignore the fundamental problem of President Trump’s messaging on social media—it’s designed to confirm some people’s belief and the warning won’t stop this confirmation bias,” Clint Watts, and consultant and expert on disinformation told The Daily Beast. But between the two systems, Watts sees Twitter’s approach as “more effective.”
“Twitter’s warning prioritizes the warning over the content, whereas Facebook prioritizes the content over the warning,” he said.
Officials say they are concerned about what the next several days will bring in the way of disinformation efforts by Team Trump and its supporters.
While no large-scale protests have taken place since Election Night, national security officials said they are tracking the small gatherings at vote processing centers across the country where Trump supporters, some armed with guns, are demanding vote counting stop.
“As we work through the last vote, I urge intelligence and law enforcement officials to execute their independent, apolitical efforts and our political leaders to urge calm and voice confidence in the systems that are the model for free and open societies,” Gordon said.

Daily Beast, so you do have to take it with a grain of salt, but at what point does what Trump is doing become criminal?

3 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I really don't get the end of the world predictions on TigerDroppings, TexAgs, and SicEm365. We all know Joe Biden will be Joe Biden as president and keep things pretty centrist like the establishment figue he's been for 40 years. You then more than likely throw in a GOP senate.

How exactly does the "omg communism!!!" fear work with Joe freaking Biden and a GOP senate?

Your problem is you're thinking with your brain, and not with your Trump-infatuated peen. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Lobo said:

Yeah with both the lowest percentage of ballots counted so far and the most outstanding gross number of votes to count is California.  Only about 70% counted thus far.  Nobody seems to be complaining that they're still receiving ballots by mail today and that that will continue for up to another week.  

I understand Trump making sweeping allegations of voter fraud, that's just what he does.  But how does a guy in real estate not understand how mail works? 

he doesn't know how anything works.  see the tweet yesterday from an insider that he didn't understand if the counting stopped he loses.

4 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

1. Elect libtards

2. ?????

3. We all gon' die!

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

What the D's need to do is immediately start gearing up for 2022.

This is right.  

I live in one of those counties in East Texas that probably went 80% for Trump.  A few months ago I went online to the Democratic party website and it was really, really bad. Anyway,  I got the address of the HQ for the party and drove down there to see if I could volunteer.  Guess what,  it was a vacant building.  There is no presence at all and no attempt at one.  

For the Dems to elect a Senator,  or any statewide offices,  they have to at least fight and get that 80% down to 60% in these rural counties and then maybe you could even start winning local elections.  

Edited by Laga4

15 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Yep.  Can see the scenario when this clown dies that his supporters will treat Mar-a-Lago the same as Graceland and make the pilgrimage every day/week/year to pay their respects.