2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

2nd CNN reporter (Acosta) saying what Collins was saying earlier that there are folks in the White House who are backing away from Trump and know it’s over.  They keep questioning why trump is sending out people like Rudy, Bondi, and others who basically have no credibility. 

Also per Acosta, trump wants to drag this out into December until around the time the Electors meet.

Once the states certify the elections in GA, NC, AZ, NV, MI, WI, and PA, the media will be tempted to cover Trump as they always have, but I hope they can resist and focus on covering the Biden transition.  Fox will still be all over reporting the TRUMP CHAOS narrative, but if the others can draw down, that will help.

4 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Why tf do people keep saying Dems lost the Senate. It's 48-48 with the two Georgia seats going to a runoff. A tie means the VP is the tie-breaking vote. The Senate is still in play.

isn't it 50-48 with those 2 remaining?  i doubt we take either of them, but it'll be interesting.

we picked up one seat.  it was a pretty shitty election for down-ballot dems.

1 minute ago, landman said:

I don't like the fact that my taxes will likely go back up, but it is what it is.  

You can afford to pay taxes on anything over $400K per year. 

There are American kids going to bed without enough food. You know that. And my guess is your want to help, if you are an American. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I think in 2016, they got started voting for him because he spoke to them.  It didn't matter all that much what he said, but he spoke to them.
Then, none of the few things of substance he said to them happened (jobs didn't materialize, the tariffs didn't help them), but they decided they liked his own-the-libs schtick because they aren't very bright and don't understand how things work.  They're just willing to accept without evidence or further inquiry that it must be those goddamn libruls foiling all of Trump's plans.
Plus, their 401k grew from $5k to $11k so they had more when they had to empty it out to live in mid-2020.  If they hadn't already blown it on jetskis.

Yeah, something along these lines. Plenty were habitual Democrats that went for Sanders for similar reasons, then flipped to Trump, who artfully morphed a historically small coalition into a death cult. At its core, at least for this subset of voters, was a resentment of the elite, which is increasingly conflated with liberals/democrats and has managed to leave a great majority of this country behind. I get that, even if it’s manifested itself in a profoundly stupid way and become something completely different at this point. Democrats have pretty much just rolled over and taken it though.

1 minute ago, landman said:

I said I like the electoral college as opposed to going to a majority vote.  That's it.  I never said I wanted two presidents.  I'm not bent out of shape about how the election went.  I have no problem with Joe Biden being the president, which he will be.  He will be MY president, just like the previous ones in my lifetime.  He speaks in complete sentences and can use 4 syllable words.  Something Trump can't do.  I don't like the fact that my taxes will likely go back up, but it is what it is.  

If Biden fully repeals the Trump tax cuts, most of our taxes on Surly will go down as we will get the full SALT tax deduction, which has been fucking a lot of us.  Further, any of us that are employees that maintain a home office (which in 2020 was ALL of us) will again be able to be deducted (the Trump tax cuts eliminated that deduction).  If you have taxable income after all deductions of over 400k, then yeah, your taxes are going to go up.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

TexAgs is still in the denial stage.

What makes Trump so unlikeable?

1,412 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 37 sec ago by True Anomaly
In a lot of these threads people keep saying Trump lost because of his personality, his attitude, etc....What the hell makes him so unlikeable vs Biden? What has he said, or done that made him impossible to vote for? I honestly don't get it.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3154378

srsly?

obamawhat.gif

4 minutes ago, landman said:

I said I like the electoral college as opposed to going to a majority vote.  That's it.  I never said I wanted two presidents.  I'm not bent out of shape about how the election went.  I have no problem with Joe Biden being the president, which he will be.  He will be MY president, just like the previous ones in my lifetime.  He speaks in complete sentences and can use 4 syllable words.  Something Trump can't do.  I don't like the fact that my taxes will likely go back up, but it is what it is.  

You dumb shit, under the Electoral system, Texans have less say about who is their President than under a pure popular vote system. Due to weighting of votes for smaller states, they have more impact than populous states. If concern about other states picking your President is an issue, than why the fuck are you supporting Electoral College?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

isn't it 50-48 with those 2 remaining?  i doubt we take either of them, but it'll be interesting.

we picked up one seat.  it was a pretty shitty election for down-ballot dems.

Shit. Yes. I'm an idiot. Two open seats with the possibility of getting to 50, with dems having the tie breaker in Kamala. 

Dems flipped two seats, but lost Alabama.

While it was a disappointment, the ultimate goal of controlling both chambers is still a possibility. It'll be difficult, but not impossible.

24 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Donald Trump on One-Term Presidents - Jimmy Carter, from Art of the Deal (and rubbed in Trump's face by Drudge):

image.png.e70012c542116658fcab3d0ca8a0cd59.png

It's all projection by Trump.

He wasn't poorly qualified.  He'd been governor of Georgia, ffs.  Not the most qualified, but not the least either.

That is a well-written passage.  So you know Trump didn't write it.  I wonder what kind of gobbledygook the ghost-writer translated that from.

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Looks like the libtards are walking into a trap:

123736166_1196185534112110_5467226187625735735_n.png?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=qgzo0bJGL2sAX_ohzUw&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=a3720f3f137c3b07239fcdb46514a9bb&oe=5FCD20A5

Libs been playing checkers, Don's been playing chess

So we know that Trump wants the vote counted because he has sued unsuccessfully about a dozen times to stop the count. 

we know the dems know they are busted because they stopped counting for brief periods of rest or court findings before continuing the count, and keep going on tv and insisting that all the votes will be counted. 

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

He wasn't poorly qualified.  He'd been governor of Georgia, ffs.  Not the most qualified, but not the least either.

That is a well-written passage.  So you know Trump didn't write it.  I wonder what kind of gobbledygook the ghost-writer translated that from.

I wonder if the ghost writer got paid.

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

What started the gritty memes ?

It started when Donald Trump said "only bad things happen in Philadelphia" in one of the debates

which lead to this meme

Fred Wellman on Twitter: "Honestly, is there no greater karma than seeing  Donald Trump absolutely lose his shit completely as John McCain and John  Lewis's home states put the stake in his

Then Lou Dobbs said this the other night

which then PA being called by a news desk this morning. 

And everyone using the meme to dunk on Trump 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Yeah, something along these lines. Plenty were habitual Democrats that went for Sanders for similar reasons, then flipped to Trump, who artfully morphed a historically small coalition into a death cult. At its core, at least for this subset of voters, was a resentment of the elite, which is increasingly conflated with liberals/democrats and has managed to leave a great majority of this country behind. I get that, even if it’s manifested itself in a profoundly stupid way and become something completely different at this point. Democrats have pretty much just rolled over and taken it though.

There's no question in my mind that there are a lot of well-to-do Trump supporters that just want the white, wealthy status quo.  But that's always been the Republican base and it hasn't been getting them elected to national office.

He had to supplement it with some poors and apparently now some minorities.

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It started when Donald Trump said "only bad things happen in Philadelphia" in one of the debates

which lead to this meme

Fred Wellman on Twitter: "Honestly, is there no greater karma than seeing  Donald Trump absolutely lose his shit completely as John McCain and John  Lewis's home states put the stake in his

Then Lou Dobbs said this the other night

which then PA being called by a news desk this morning. 

And everyone using the meme to dunk on Trump 

Ok, and now try to explain this to foreigners. Annnnnddd GO!