2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread -- News, Notes, Trades, etc

Reynolds Woodcock

Embiid has a concussion (Sixers docs missed this yesterday) and needs surgery to repair orbital bone. Probably out a month which even with the ridiculous off days during playoffs, likely means his season is done. Fucking sucks, they were looking really dangerous at least to throw a scare into someone in the playoffs.

Big question now is does this scare off any potential FA's who would have been more eager if Sixers had done anything in playoffs 

31 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Embiid has a concussion (Sixers docs missed this yesterday) and needs surgery to repair orbital bone. Probably out a month which even with the ridiculous off days during playoffs, likely means his season is done. Fucking sucks, they were looking really dangerous at least to throw a scare into someone in the playoffs.

Big question now is does this scare off any potential FA's who would have been more eager if Sixers had done anything in playoffs 

2-4 weeks which means he possibly could be back in the first round.

Just now, Dutchrudder said:
1 hour ago, immortal13 said:
Lebron is just as much of a super-team douchebag. It just hasn't worked out for him as well in Cleveland.

3 rings vs 1 ring for KD. I would say it has worked out better for LeBron

Hence the reason why I mentioned Cleveland. I'm just saying they did pretty much the same thing

thats amazing.  dude is clueless

Eh, I listened to the interview, and I interpreted his statement as referring to every team gearing up to give the warriors their best shot on a nightly basis, which is a pretty common statement w/r/t being a defending champion. But I agree it looks silly in writing out of context.

And it looked painfully obvious Durant wanted to get tossed. Being exposed without Steph on the court and having to be the main guy and wanted no more part of that game. Fake ass tough guy persona he's taken on since going to GSW. 

And lmao at that quote he had above in that tweet. JFC. 

12 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

And it looked painfully obvious Durant wanted to get tossed. Being exposed without Steph on the court and having to be the main guy and wanted no more part of that game. Fake ass tough guy persona he's taken on since going to GSW. 

durant "exposed" without steph.  jesus you're a fucking idiot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah that’s exactly what happened. KD wanted out of the game because he’s too weak to play basketball without Steph Curry. You literally have the brain of a 13 year-old. No one who doesn’t believe that wrestling is real has a brain that thinks like this. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah, no

18 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Eh, I listened to the interview, and I interpreted his statement as referring to every team gearing up to give the warriors their best shot on a nightly basis, which is a pretty common statement w/r/t being a defending champion. But I agree it looks silly in writing out of context.

Very much this..... What's he supposed to say?  It's so fucking easy out there as most of the guys playing are shitastic next to me and Steph.  The image and tease were intentionally supposed to take a rather innocuous quote and make it  controversial so folks would form or reinforce opinions and possibly listen to the podcast (if you weren't pre-disposed).  Looks like it was doing it's job.... 

47 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Very much this..... What's he supposed to say?  It's so fucking easy out there as most of the guys playing are shitastic next to me and Steph.  The image and tease were intentionally supposed to take a rather innocuous quote and make it  controversial so folks would form or reinforce opinions and possibly listen to the podcast (if you weren't pre-disposed).  Looks like it was doing it's job.... 

you think guys like vic have time to listen to a podcast or seek out context??  when you live the straight hatin' life, it's all about memes and calling people a bitch bro.

10 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Has OKC lost every game since Melo's playoff guarantee?

Yep.  Westbrook has been in the league 10 years and still, the last two minutes of a game is like kryptonite to him.  Still has no self awareness at all.  Right now they're the 6 seed but only a half game ahead of #8.  They've lost 3 in a row and their games left are murder.  I doubt they'll fall out of the playoffs but an #8 seed is likely.

For shits and grins I took a closer look at the 4-8 spots in the West and where the teams might end up.

Spurs - Currently 44-32 - Remaining games Houston, at LAC, at LAL, Portland, SAC, at NOLA.  I could see the Spurs go 1-5...or 5-1.  So I'll say they go 3-3 the rest of the way and up 47-35.

Wolves - 44-33 - Utah, at Denver, at LAL, Memphis, Denver.  Will also finish 47-35.

OKC - 44-33 - at NOLA, GS, at Houston, at Miami, Memphis.  46-36.

Utah - 43-33 - at Wolves, LAL, LAC, at LAL, GS, at Portland.  I'll be generous and give them 4 wins, putting them at 47-35.

NOLA - 43-33 - OKC, Memphis, at PHX, at GS, at LAC, Spurs.  47-35 as well.

LAC - 41-35 - Indiana, Spurs, at Utah, Denver, NOLA, LAL.  Can't see more than 4 wins here.  45-37 and out of the playoffs.

Denver - 41-35 - Milwaukee, Indiana, Minnesota, at LAC, Portland, at Minnesota.  Just like with LAC, 5-1 is possible, but not likely,  45-37 as well.

This would put OKC in the 8 spot at 46-36 and (assuming conference record is the tiebreaker - I think it is but not 100% sure) 4-7 would go  (4) Minnesota, (5) Utah, (6) SAS, (7) NOLA.

In the East, it's a little crazy but Philly might end the season on a 16 game winning streak (they're currently at 9), even without Embiid.  Their schedule the rest of the way: at Charlotte, BKN, at Detroit, Cleveland (this game will probably determine the 3 seed), Dallas, at ATL, Milwaukee.