Newer Country Music that is actually good Country Music

NateHitch

• 3 weeks later...

Is this the right place for Shane Smith and The Saints? 

I watched a really good show at Hurricane Harry’s tonight. Shane Smith is a damned good guitar player/singer with excellent stage presence. 

Upcoming shows at the San Antonio Rodeo Cookoff, Aztec Theatere in Albany, and Gruene Hall. 

I really wish Rodeo Houston had thought outside the box and had a Yellowstone Night headlined by Shane Smith and The Saints. Have Cole Hauser introduce them. Almost every female in Texas would lose their gd minds. Oh 

• 1 year later...
Is this the right place for Shane Smith and The Saints? 

I watched a really good show at Hurricane Harry’s tonight. Shane Smith is a damned good guitar player/singer with excellent stage presence. 

Upcoming shows at the San Antonio Rodeo Cookoff, Aztec Theatere in Albany, and Gruene Hall. 

I really wish Rodeo Houston had thought outside the box and had a Yellowstone Night headlined by Shane Smith and The Saints. Have Cole Hauser introduce them. Almost every female in Texas would lose their gd minds. Oh 
I have been waving their flag here on Shag² for probably 8 years now. The wife & I first saw them open for Travis Tritt @ the State Theatre in San Marcos & I got a freebie sampler CD with 4 cuts from "Coast".

3½ Years ago ("summer of Covid"), I put Chase, their bass player, on a day's worth of roof work w/ me & that's where he decided to take up vehicle & boat detailing outside of the band.

Shane is a great songwriter & tells stories. None of the common "I'm by the lake & got a truck & some beers" boring shit.

His guitar is def. "in the mix"... it is a part of the songs & he isn't just hiding behind it while the dial is turned to ¹. Powerful voice.

I suppose it was maybe 6 or 7 years ago, I gave one of those sampler CD's to the booking committee for Rodeo Austin (I'm on a different committee) & they got booked for the daytime outdoor stage & then that same night's act in the 100× club behind the arena. That outdoor stage maybe had 50 people watching them & I have prob. been to 30+ shows by them.

For the Rodeo Austin '23 season, they were the Saturday night "mid-series " act.

You won't find a better fan than me.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ROFL BOX said:

I have been waving their flag here on Shag² for probably 8 years now. The wife & I first saw them open for Travis Tritt @ the State Theatre in San Marcos & I got a freebie sampler CD with 4 cuts from "Coast".

3½ Years ago ("summer of Covid"), I put Chase, their bass player, on a day's worth of roof work w/ me & that's where he decided to take up vehicle & boat detailing outside of the band.

Shane is a great songwriter & tells stories. None of the common "I'm by the lake & got a truck & some beers" boring shit.

His guitar is def. "in the mix"... it is a part of the songs & he isn't just hiding behind it while the dial is turned to ¹. Powerful voice.

I suppose it was maybe 6 or 7 years ago, I gave one of those sampler CD's to the booking committee for Rodeo Austin (I'm on a different committee) & they got booked for the daytime outdoor stage & then that same night's act in the 100× club behind the arena. That outdoor stage maybe had 50 people watching them & I have prob. been to 30+ shows by them.

For the Rodeo Austin '23 season, they were the Saturday night "mid-series " act.

You won't find a better fan than me.

You went to see Travis fucking Tritt?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...