Moody Center

cdain3

On 10/25/2021 at 11:38 AM, Pancho said:

It’s clearly in jest. 

I am actually surprised they’re having this contest. A simple burnt orange Bevo in the middle of the court works fine. But if a new flashy court design brings more students/fans, creates a better home court advantage, and it’s what Vic and Beard want then I’m for it.

When something like this gets rolled out like court design or Saturday pin placement, or in a more personal example what color to repaint the cafeteria- I just assume that the final winning choice is either ignored completely.  The participation is to generate engagement and promote ownership, so unless there’s public vote accounting it will still be the choice of the boss/team.  And public accounting may have been murdered by boaty mcboatface. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

They’ll nail it in the end.  State of Texas with longhorn logo at center court.  Burnt orange keys.  Texas Longhorns on the baselines.  It’s not hard.

If they incorporate the Austin skyline in the design, anyone involved in the decision deserves to die.

A outline of a monochrome Bevo photo on the court would be light years better than the city skyline.

aggy and Tech both have the Texas outline on their floor.   It's not that original.  UH, Baylor, UTSA, TCU don't.  

The Tower is unique to us.  Put it on the god damn floor.  Like how UTEP has the mountains on their court. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Me, to my friend Lane, while watching the pom-pom squad perform at halftime at UTEP center court:

"You know what's going on here, don't you?  Handjobs."  

Edited by Lobo

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

Top left but replace the Texas outline with the tower and I think I'm in. 

5 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I absolutely love the Tower on the floor. Put whatever else you want on the edges, but save the Tower.

I sort of agreed right until I realized that the Tower outline will eventually cause some unaware young announcer to shout in excitement that a player is "taking deep shots from the Tower!"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I sort of agreed right until I realized that the Tower outline will eventually cause some unaware young announcer to shout in excitement that a player is "taking deep shots from the Tower!"

“He just nailed another one from the tower! SHARP. SHOOTER!” - Gus Johnson 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, as someone mentioned up thread, having the half court circle centered on the observation deck is just a bit too "Whitmanesque".

Why does it have to be a screened photograph of the tower and not an illustration? Not necessarily the ones below but not an actual pic. And can’t it be smaller and somewhere rather than giant and at center court? Also, I don’t hate the use of the Hook’em mascot image. They could use it at center court and put regular longhorn logo(s) elsewhere on the baseline or in the keys.

image.png.7cc42f88b8349c6b5e842a13cb281fe0.png

image.jpeg.e0bd5b1b501213238d2da220045e9ac5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

SIAP but has anyone heard how existing season ticket holders will be treated when the team moves to Moody? Historically you retain the rights to your seats just by matching your previous donation level, but I heard somewhere that they're basically re-opening and it'll start completely fresh based purely on donations.

So basically someone who's had 3rd row seats supporting the team for 40 years would now be fucked unless they're multi-millionaires. 

On 11/22/2021 at 1:26 PM, Tex-19 said:

SIAP but has anyone heard how existing season ticket holders will be treated when the team moves to Moody? Historically you retain the rights to your seats just by matching your previous donation level, but I heard somewhere that they're basically re-opening and it'll start completely fresh based purely on donations.

So basically someone who's had 3rd row seats supporting the team for 40 years would now be fucked unless they're multi-millionaires. 

I spoke with the ticket office today and that may not be completely accurate. One of the first things they are going to look at is loyalty so if you are a long-time hoops season ticket holder, that will probably mean more than if you gave the athletic dept a bunch of money but recently. They also said that nothing has been finalized yet but they are leaning to a loyalty system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Longhorn Foundation called today to say that starting next season basketball will have a separate donation for tickets. Football donation no longer covers it.

I got a voicemail telling me to make sure I learn about the new process for season tickets as we move to the Moody Center.  Mentioned a town hall in February.  I fully expect to get bent over and pay 4X the price I've been paying for the last 18 years or so.  I mean I haven't sat in my actual seats in 7 or 8 years so it's been a great deal but fully expect to get bent over for decent seats...

4 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Longhorn Foundation called today to say that starting next season basketball will have a separate donation for tickets. Football donation no longer covers it.

I expected this, but it's still great news. That's been a huge issue starting 35 years ago. Especially with all the soliciting of corporations to host clients with premium seating at football games. Great basketball tickets became a throw in which were often not used.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 1:08 AM, SL Xpress said:

I expected this, but it's still great news. That's been a huge issue starting 35 years ago. Especially with all the soliciting of corporations to host clients with premium seating at football games. Great basketball tickets became a throw in which were often not used.

Couldn’t agree more; a huge ‘contribution’ to the dead-ass atmosphere at the FEC is from Austin residents who donate a shitload to the LF for their football tix and for whom the relatively low cost of hoops tix is an afterthought….

On 1/21/2022 at 7:12 PM, MAUFRAIS said:

23min mark...  CDC talks about it    Decoupling of gifts -- have to buy priority seating for each one separately now.  So one for Football, and one for Basketball.

Edited by LTtxfan

• 2 weeks later...