Moody Center

cdain3

Yeah I'm going tomorrow. May 20 seat selection, so should have a pretty good pick from the $250 donation seats.

This is my concern dude. I think they way overpriced half the arena and the earlier selections will be a lot of $250 seats leaving shit for me on the 31st. 18 years of being a season ticket holder does fuck all for the “loyalty” ranking.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Hopefully the fancy seats come with some access that the people who can afford them won’t be able to resist. They should’ve colored the seats differently or something to make rich people embarrassed to sit in the less expensive area.

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Good look with everything in place: 

Very nice!!  Minor quibble would be to have bleachers in lower bowl - might make things more rowdy down there and promote more standing and cheering.  Always feel like chair back seats tend to make fans more inclined to stay seated and sit on their hands.

• Like 1

Went this morning and looked at everything - student setup looks awesome (hope they don't embarrass us and will actually show up). I was hoping the seats behind students wouldn't be elevated/force us olds to stand, but that isn't the case, so I guess we can all sit comfortably....  Suites are held by a lot of local big names, and the Germania club looks like a place to go for those that want to see/be seen. The loge seats are an odd mix of comfortable couches and uncomfortable chairs.

3 hours ago, KingBobo81 said:

Went this morning and looked at everything - student setup looks awesome (hope they don't embarrass us and show up). I was hoping the seats behind students wouldn't be elevated/force us olds to stand, but that isn't the case, so I guess we can all sit comfortably....  Suites are held by a lot of local big names, and the Germania club looks like a place to go for those that want to see/be seen. The loge seats are an odd mix of comfortable couches and uncomfortable chairs.

Phrasing? 

5 hours ago, 7KHorn said:

Very nice!!  Minor quibble would be to have bleachers in lower bowl - might make things more rowdy down there and promote more standing and cheering.  Always feel like chair back seats tend to make fans more inclined to stay seated and sit on their hands.

I proposed we put deadly spikes embedded in the student seating to really discourage sitting down. Well, more than once, in any case. It was seriously considered but then nixed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Hopefully the fancy seats come with some access that the people who can afford them won’t be able to resist. They should’ve colored the seats differently or something to make rich people embarrassed to sit in the less expensive area.

Rich people won't be sitting in their seats. Just check out the new south end zone.

(Game day photo)

UT-south-end-zone-construction.jpg

25 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

All that green tells me it isn’t a game day photo. 

the non-functioning video screen confirms it 

I was joking, obviously. More people in the seats than on an actual game day.

My pictures aren’t much different than what’s already been shown but here they are. The main center video board is definitely an upgrade. From the 1st few rows you can hardly see it which is a $8000 a ticket problem I won’t have. It is interesting to sit in a $250 seat and move 3 feet across the aisle and they are $1800.

7c92743209bb2125b221e226a840d1ce.jpg
85f055d17e09ba6043003ef1bb58ccdf.jpg
776a37c154fa84ece89a16e790b5e7b3.jpg
7249f056fb2e4136c124fa28a7a1c155.jpg
7679ee01d6e8ce2e36fdbaaf54c2ea2b.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

My pictures aren’t much different than what’s already been shown but here they are. The main center video board is definitely an upgrade. From the 1st few rows you can hardly see it which is a $8000 a ticket problem I won’t have. It is interesting to sit in a $250 seat and move 3 feet across the aisle and they are $1800.

7c92743209bb2125b221e226a840d1ce.jpg
85f055d17e09ba6043003ef1bb58ccdf.jpg
776a37c154fa84ece89a16e790b5e7b3.jpg
7249f056fb2e4136c124fa28a7a1c155.jpg
7679ee01d6e8ce2e36fdbaaf54c2ea2b.jpg

Are those first two photos from the loge ($4K/seat) level?

Are those first two photos from the loge ($4K/seat) level?

The first one is loge area bar. The 2nd is from the upper deck bar area. Unclear if this will be a hangout spot or not on game day. I assume yes for non-club people to have a meeting place. The outdoor patio overlooking the track/soccer is kind of cool.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 5/17/2022 at 2:37 PM, MAUFRAIS said:

Please post screenshots of what is available when you pick.

You can log in to your account now and see what's available and not.  All the high dollar are listed as not available...I'm guessing they actually pre-sold those.  Also noticed two of the prime corner $250 sections are listed as former letter winners and not actually available. That wasn't on the map they handed out yesterday!

On 5/24/2022 at 12:13 PM, Ignatius said:

Picked up a pair in Section 112, Row 2, so I'll essentially be sitting where our old Pink Lot football tailgate was for years...

Grabbed a couple in 110. I’ll be close by. My seat selection is driven by aisle seats..so got lucky…was hoping for opposite side…but I’m just happy to be in. After todays transfer announcement and the incoming class…I’m super pumped.

Just now, Tailgate said:

Grabbed a couple in 110. I’ll be close by. My seat selection is driven by aisle seats..so got lucky…was hoping for opposite side…but I’m just happy to be in. After todays transfer announcement and the incoming class…I’m super pumped.

Same here; I refuse to sit anywhere other than the aisle, under any circumstances….

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, KingBobo81 said:

What's the deal with parking passes? Do you buy a pass at same time as tickets, and if so, what is the cost?

That's a good question. I don't recall seeing an option, so I was either not eligible or it wasn't part of seat selection.  Or I guess I'm regarded and somehow missed the option is a third possibility.

On 6/2/2022 at 1:48 PM, PantsTent said:

That's a good question. I don't recall seeing an option, so I was either not eligible or it wasn't part of seat selection.  Or I guess I'm regarded and somehow missed the option is a third possibility.

Definitely wasn't an option for me when I bought today, so don't think you missed anything.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got a notification to buy parking at Manor Garage today - $225 for the season. Anybody done that garage for any events there/know if it is a huge cluster getting out? I parked over in the garages by Scholz's for some concerts this spring and thought it was worth the 10 minute walk to not have to deal with typical garage clusterf*ck situation.

That's not a bad price for the whole season,  but yeah.........it's gonna be a fucking disaster getting outta there after a game.  At least it has two functioning exit lanes at two different intersections.  Our plan is to park in that strip of spots between Social Work and Swim Center or south of the SEZ training complex where they keep the Longhorn semi.  still, the peds and traffic flow, even with no garage exit are gonna be a headache. Your scholz's plan is a viable option still.  

2 hours ago, KingBobo81 said:

Got a notification to buy parking at Manor Garage today - $225 for the season. Anybody done that garage for any events there/know if it is a huge cluster getting out? I parked over in the garages by Scholz's for some concerts this spring and thought it was worth the 10 minute walk to not have to deal with typical garage clusterf*ck situation.

I got same price offer for Trinity Garage.  On the fence if I purchase or not.  I'm not a big fan of the Trinity garage and maybe can get free meter parking (and easier exiting) around Scholz for some games.  I can't remember if state garages have been $10 for basketball in the past?  The season price from UT at $225 is $12.50/game for one block closer.