Fauda

pepper brooks

9 hours ago, PilotsError said:

It's a great show. The only show I binge all episodes straight through.

I didn't intend to binge watch the entirety of season 3 this past weekend.  Hell, that show is addictive.  Best season yet.

I have a buddy who has dual citizenship in the us and Israel.  He was a knuckle head head banger as a youngster. Anyway, at 18 he had to go to Israel to report for military duty.  He could have gotten out of it since he hadn’t lived there since he was a baby.  Anyway, he decides, “fuck it, I’m staying and gonna serve”. He ended up in a spec ops unit that operated in the West Bank. Allegedly the show is based on a very similar team to the one he was in.  Guy is fucking intense and crazy as hell.  

• 2 years later...

I fell asleep during episode 2 (tired, not bored) but I like season 4 so far.  I hope they correct the captions though.  Currently, they correctly identify Arabic captions but incorrectly label Hebrew as English.  Wasn't a big deal once I figured it out, but that opening chase scene in Ep 1 was confusing as hell.

2 episodes in. There has never been a more shit-on IDF operative than Doron.  There has also never been a bigger bitch than Doron. There has, simultaneously, never been a more stereotypical Jewish badass than Doron. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a few episodes in on Season 1.

Does this get better?

It's been pretty formulaic so far, to me.  Chase the terrorist, barely miss him, keep chasing him, etc.

I've heard people praise this show, so I'm wondering the this or future seasons get more interesting.