Fonts: Way too many are light gray

This sums up much of it:

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/how-the-web-became-unreadable/

Text that was once crisp and dark was suddenly lightened to a pallid gray. Though age has indeed taken its toll on my eyesight, it turns out that I was suffering from a design trend.

My plea to designers and software engineers: Ignore the fads and go back to the typographic principles of print — keep your type black, and vary weight and font instead of grayness. You’ll be making things better for people who read on smaller, dimmer screens, even if their eyes aren’t aging like mine. It may not be trendy, but it’s time to consider who is being left out by the web’s aesthetic.

There's way too much light gray on this website, particularly in the breadcrumb areas, but also in page counts, etc. when looking at lists of forum posts.

I don't know if this is font-related or what, but as much as I hated to, I went back to the old site to compare and the the text there is so crisp and clean, over here it's almost pixelated, anything with an angle like W, X, N, the lines are broken, looks like mspaint.  Here everything looks out of focus almost.  Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, I know you've got a shit-ton on your plate and am appreciative, just wondering if this can be fixed at some point.  Thx, I'll hang up and listen.

8 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

I don't know if this is font-related or what, but as much as I hated to, I went back to the old site to compare and the the text there is so crisp and clean, over here it's almost pixelated, anything with an angle like W, X, N, the lines are broken, looks like mspaint.  Here everything looks out of focus almost.  Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, I know you've got a shit-ton on your plate and am appreciative, just wondering if this can be fixed at some point.  Thx, I'll hang up and listen.

I think it's because the fonts for even the posts are a dark gray.  Easier for me to read if full on black.

• 4 weeks later...

This is what it says at the bottom of the settings page:

[Template core/front/global/profileNextStep is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I also changed the theme to "Default" but it's still the same -- can barely see posts because font is so light.