2020 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

13 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Really?  What a dumb reply.  The guy was targeted 10X in week 1 and is rostered by over 93% of teams.  He had zero targets in Week 2 and that is on me since i drafted him?  

Dumb reply? You drafted a guy that can't stay healthy and then complain about him not getting targets in week 2 because he's having hamstring issues.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm not saying you shouldn't have started him... I'm saying you should have seen this coming when you drafted him. He is a high risk, high reward type player. Yesterday he ended up being high risk.

I’m just saying he hasn’t had one start in his regular season career with the titans where he wasn’t a top 12 qb on the week. Not even one. I didn’t see it coming, but maybe we should have. He isn’t exactly high risk anymore. He’s pretty damn consistent. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’m just saying he hasn’t had one start in his regular season career with the titans where he wasn’t a top 12 qb on the week. Not even one. I didn’t see it coming, but maybe we should have. He isn’t exactly high risk anymore. He’s pretty damn consistent. 

Was talking to T'Boo about Fuller. You jumped me. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Damn, Courtland Sutton done with ACL too. He was on my pre-draft list, but got snaked in two leagues. About the only injury luck I’ve had so far. 

I offered someone Michael Thomas for Court and Kenyan Drake. He declined it. Such is fantasy sometimes. 

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

If I drop Gronk would y’all pickup

Jonnu Smith TEN

or Shultz DAL. I think Shultz might get more targets but Smith Is a big red zone target so far.

As a die hard cowboys fan...jonnu Smith is the #1 TE in fantasy in terms of points scored through 2 weeks. It isn’t even close IMO. 

and just because i said that Shultz is going to go for 10 catches 100 yards, and a td. That’s normally how this thread goes for me.

• Like 1

At what point do we just accept that Ryan Tannehill is a really good fantasy starter and you should probably start him every week? In the regular season, I don’t think he’s had a bad fantasy start with the titans. He’s legit, man. I think he’s a pretty good qb IRL too, last postseason withstanding. 

This. I have him as my backup but keep playing Wentz.

Not the best matchup but is Tannehill the better start? I’ve also got D Henry in my lineup so hoping he bounces back a bit this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played in a work league for 19 years.  I quit four or five years ago after getting burned out but got a little bit of an itch again after hearing my co-workers talk about it as their draft got closer.  I joined a random Yahoo league and it only took two weeks to feel the sweet sweet sting of fantasy football courtesy of Chris Carson's touchdown reception late in the fourth quarter Sunday night.  I lost by a couple of points.  Fuck fantasy football indeed.

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Nah, you’re not really upgrading anywhere. Keep rolling Allen out there while he’s hot. 

And the Gardner train sure fucking derailed tonight. 

Funny enough the guy that offered has Gardner.   I’d love to Dump the sooner but he’s better than gurley.  I love andrews though and am not sure jonnu keeps this up

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I’d love to Dump the sooner but he’s better than gurley.

Who cares. I have Mixon and I've been starting Lamb. I forgot Mixon went to OU when I drafted him, or just wasn't thinking about it. 

But I don't really cheer against guys in the pros just because they went to OU or a college I don't like. I mean it's funny when they fail I guess but once they're not in Norman anymore I'm largely indifferent. 

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

That Kyler guy is pretty goddamn good too. 

Yeah case in point. Like, Mayfield is a fucking clown douchebag so it's hilarious watching him waste away in Cleveland. 

Meanwhile, Kyler is kind of a pussy primadonna but God dammit he's a fucking baller. After a certain point I just can't hate. It was hard to hate AP for that reason. 

On 9/22/2020 at 3:08 PM, Hook1997 said:

Is it time to just drop Gronk or does he flip the switch at some point?   What do y’all think?

Yes, this is one of the best TE fantasy years in recent memory. You can do much better than a washed up fantasy Gronk whose primary role is blocking in 2 TE sets.

ETA: late to the thread but yeah you should absolutely grab Jonnu Smith. 

Edited by Gourmand
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Yes, this is one of the best TE fantasy years in recent memory. You can do much better than a washed up fantasy Gronk whose primary role is blocking in 2 TE sets.

ETA: late to the thread but yeah you should absolutely grab Jonnu Smith. 

Yea I dropped him and got Jonnu.  I also have Brees who has been stinking it up.  So I dropped a sorry RB and picked up the hot Minshew and started him yesterday...   That didn’t go so well. 

Yea I dropped him and got Jonnu.  I also have Brees who has been stinking it up.  So I dropped a sorry RB and picked up the hot Minshew and started him yesterday...   That didn’t go so well. 
Still a good move. Brees is falling off the cliff wrt air yards per pass attempt and I think the main beneficiary in that offense is Kamara. (duh) Game scripts are going to keep Minshew owners pleased throughout the season.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Would y’all trust Golladay if he goes this weekend?

Kenny Golladay hopeful for Week 3

Posted: 1 hr ago. via fftoday.com

Admits he's not 100 percent

Kenny Golladay: “Definitely feeling a lot better. Wouldn’t say it’s 100 percent, I really wouldn’t even put a percentage on it. I just know I’m not 100 percent. I’m going to do everything I can and hopefully I showed enough (in practice this week) that I can be out there.” (Tim Twentyman on Twitter)”

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

CeeDee Lamb @ Seattle 

or 

Marquise Brown v KC

Im not just being a cowboys homer for leaning Lamb, am I? I think Lamb has a huge game.

Game script is in favor of Lamb whereas opportunity share is in favor of Brown. I would start Lamb; Seattle's offense scores like crazy, which should favor a shoot out with Dak and the Cowboy's offense and their defense has allowed four 100yd receivers in two games. Baltimore D will slow the Chiefs considerably andHarbaugh will look to grind the Chiefs defense down on the ground between Ingram, Dobbins, and Edwards. Lamb alllll dayyyyyy.

Edited by Gourmand
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HiggyBaby said:

Would y’all trust Golladay if he goes this weekend?

Kenny Golladay hopeful for Week 3

Posted: 1 hr ago. via fftoday.com

Admits he's not 100 percent

Kenny Golladay: “Definitely feeling a lot better. Wouldn’t say it’s 100 percent, I really wouldn’t even put a percentage on it. I just know I’m not 100 percent. I’m going to do everything I can and hopefully I showed enough (in practice this week) that I can be out there.” (Tim Twentyman on Twitter)”

That depends on the depth of your roster and the other starters on your team. If I felt like I had a few studs with great matchups, I'd be tempted to roll the dice with Golladay but otherwise I think it's  too iffy against the Arizona pass defense. Who would you start otherwise?

9 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Swift, still too uncertain how the Giants will approach their RB usage with Barkley done. Surely these aren't your best/only options at flex though?

Whether they're the best is uncertain, but they aren't the only options - see below. 

Deep league - 16 teams, 17 player rosters. 

Screenshot_20200925-232100_Yahoo Fantasy.jpg