2020 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

13 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I probably won’t have the balls to do it on game day but am I crazy for considering starting Fitzmagic vs Seattle instead of Cam @ KC? 

KC’s d had been sketchy good, Seattle is playing without Adams. Dolphins are definitely gonna be chasing points. I dunno 

Well uhhh that decision was just made easy for ya

• Like 2

Sure was. 2 weeks before his bye week too. Damnit. Oh well, I am kind of excited to ride this Fitzpatrick train for one week though. Famous last words but I think he has a big fantasy game.

I’m starting fitz too after gardners shit last Thursday. I expect a lot of throws vs Seattle since they make things a track meet. So it’ll be a defensive battle . 17-9 Seahawks win

How are your leagues handling the COVID shit? 

We added 4 IR spots this year for it. But we had the setting on that they had to be on IR to get moved to the list. We realized this week that's no good, so we opened up IR to anyone who has had a game canceled until the waiver period starts the week of their next game. Teams aren't liking this either because "it became a bye" and it should replace their bye week so they shouldn't be eligible to go on IR. But counter point is the game was canceled on Wed and the official schedule change wasn't made until Fri. It may not have become a bye. In the meantime the Connor/JuJu/Henry owner is in limbo not knowing if they will have an open roster spot or not that they want to fill from the waiver wire. I think what we settled on was we are going to allow people to put any player who has a canceled game, any IR player, or any player who is on a Bye week to go on the list. I just don't see a clean way to do it without having to police it 24/7 and have to keep track of timing of announcements, etc. Sucks. 

57 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Snake bit at RB this week with Conner, Henry, and Fournette out.

So....Should I start Colts RB Hines vs the Bears or JK Dobbins vs Wash? I’m starting Ingram so Dobbins would be a handcuff. I’m starting the Bears D too vs Hines.

Thanks

shit that's a tough one....don't love starting a backup. I'd start Hines. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Earlier in this thread someone asked jonnu smith or Dalton Shultz rest of season. Please just do the opposite of what I say. Dak is just obsessed with targeting his TEs. Shultz might fuck around and be a top 5 TE by the end of the year considering how bad Dallas’ defense is.

And Mo Alie Cox might even be better

Another one bites the dust. 

Los Angeles Chargers running back Austin Ekeler is believed to have suffered a hyperextended knee and hamstring injury on Sunday that is expected to keep him out several weeks, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Ekeler was seen leaving Sunday's game on crutches and with a brace, according to Schefter. He is expected to undergo an MRI on Monday.

He had 12 yards on two carries and one reception for 2 yards before leaving with 1:37 left in the first quarter of the Chargers' 38-31 loss. He leads the Chargers with 248 rushing yards and is third on the team with 144 receiving yards this season.

Ekeler signed a four-year, $24.5 million extension with the Chargers in the offseason. After a lengthy contract dispute with Melvin Gordon, Los Angeles signed Ekeler long term instead.

Gordon eventually signed with the Denver Broncos, clearing the way for Ekeler to be the Chargers' featured back.

Too bad about Ekeler. Makes me a little happier I have Kelley on the bench.
So I’m tied straight up this week because the other guy got a huge boost from Prescott. It’s now down to me with Aaron Jones and him with Kamara tonight. Too close for comfort but I like my guy better.

About every substituting decision I’ve made this season has been wrong. Over thinking, over analyzing, etc is the death of me to fantasy football. Why the hell do you start Fitzmagic with a great big green 32 for Seattle’s pass defense, at home, cross country flight for them, to get you 21 pts? And Tom Brady who I’ve benched the last 2 weeks because he was terrible for he first 2 has gone off for about 9 TDS and minimum 30 ppg.

Now I’ll sub Brady in, he’ll get 16 vs Chicago on a short week while fitz gets 38

Rinse and repeat

And of course eckler goes down the min beast kittle is back. Fuck fantasy football as I lose to my 10 yr old nephew who doesn’t watch football at all

• Like 1

17 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Holy shit, I guess I was too sucked into the cowboys game to realize Joe Mixon had himself a day. I’m sure there were plenty of people that were able to buy low on Mixon. 

I almost traded him in a package that included Gurley.  Thank God I didn't.

I have Allen/Watson at QB and am pretty average at receiver.  Should I trade Watson for Will Fuller or can I do better?

41 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I almost traded him in a package that included Gurley.  Thank God I didn't.

I have Allen/Watson at QB and am pretty average at receiver.  Should I trade Watson for Will Fuller or can I do better?

I don’t hate that trade at all assuming health (which is asking a lot of Fuller). He’s very clearly the number 1 for a team that’s gonna be chasing points all year. Outside of the hamstring game he’s having a great year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

And Kareem hunt just became a borderline top 5 fantasy rb with that Nick Chubb news. Maybe not even borderline. If him or Chubb were in the draft and the other one didn’t exist, they might’ve gone top 5 before this years draft.

Also, Austin Eckler... as a single tear rolls down my face. I have him everywhere 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Brian Hill @ Green Bay or N'keal Harry @ KC tonight?

1ppr league, and I need 85 combined points out of Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Jones, Robert Tonyan, and this fourth slot tonight. 

I would say Harry. Have to think NE will be throwing the call a lot to try and keep up/come back. Unless Bill dials up some miracle Mahomes curing Defense, which is not unthinkable. 

This is why I do this shit.  

Close game #1 in my league.  Team A is leading team B by three points.  Team B has played all of his players.  Team A has played 8 with only the Atlanta D left to play.  Team A sits his defense and wins.

Close game #2 in my league.  Team C forgets to play a kicker.  Team D (C's opponent) picks up the remaining kicker, Elliot Fry

10 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I would say Harry. Have to think NE will be throwing the call a lot to try and keep up/come back. Unless Bill dials up some miracle Mahomes curing Defense, which is not unthinkable. 

You won mostly because of me. Please send me my money. 

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I went into the last Monday night game basically tied at 116 with my opponents Ridley, and my emergency Devante Adams replacement Robert Tonyan. Fantasy football, man.

58909835-1B9F-45BB-BA96-720B51CB0584.jpeg

I went into tonight up 26 with Gurley against Rodgers and Ridley.

After the first half my opponent had cut my lead to 7 points. After Rodgers 4th TD he was projected to finish just 1.2 points behind me. 

I got the last laugh. Overall crazy fantasy matchup - we each had a WR go for 0. His kicker outscored mine by 16. He left Chark on his bench with 29.

Screenshot_20201005-224714_Fantasy.jpg