2020 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

8 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I was gonna say exactly that. Mahomes is a better QB1 than Watson but not by a large enough margin to offset the gap between Cook/Robinson OR Metcalf/Julio. Both Metcalf and Cook have enormous upside in big play ability. I would hold.

Whereas Julio has scored three more touchdowns than I have

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I currently have Diontae & Claypool (at Jax) starting in .5-PPR Flex, do I replace one of them with Edmonds tonight? Drake played way more than I liked last week. 

I think I’d just roll with both Steelers guys. They can’t run the ball right now so all 3 of their guys could have solid days 

That reminds me of question I forgot to ask....do any of you play in leagues with reserve rules? I've long been an advocate but my dumbass league members refuse to consider it, mostly because they refuse to consider any rule change because it represents change. 

I think it's fucking dumb as shit to be penalized for your respective players' game start times. Obviously we should all be allowed the opportunity to make our lineup decisions with the most available information. With a reserve rule, in the event you have a Q player whose start time is after your replacement has played, you can retroactively put the earlier guy into his slot in the event he doesn't play.

This happens all the time with marquee games and I think it's something that every league should implement. If you have a no doubt starter on a late afternoon game or Sun/Mon night, you should be able to make your decision without having the pressure of guessing whether he plays or not. 

a lot of leagues picked it up for Covid but I think it should be a common sense, everywhere rule. If a guy is hurt, you still have risks associated with starting him but that's a different dilemma than having to just guess if he's going to play or not, especially when it is a week before his bye.....

I'm going to bitch for a minute. And I know you all don't care but I want to get it off of my chest. 

Top 3 QB

2 of Top 5 WRs in a PPR league (start 3 WRTE)

Top 3 RB, RB2s average out in the ~ 10-12 range (start 2). Also lost Saquon in Week 2. 

3rd most points in a 12 team league

I'm 3-7 and about to be 3-8 because Hopkins and Metcalf are either both down, one way down and the other way up, or both super mediocre like they were tonight. When DHop scores 45, Metcalf scores 4. When Metcalf scores 50, Hopkins scores 6. It's fucking absurd. 

Fuck me. 

Edited by Baboontyme

16 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Haha, my league currently having a shit fit on whether I should be allowed to start Hill at TE/Flex for a week. 

Same with mine, and because I’m the one that didn’t get Hill, I agree lol. It’s kinda horseshit. He’s not a fucking TE this week. TE is so thin, you shouldn’t be allowed to play a guy that’s gonna touch the ball every offensive snap. But I didn’t make the rules so all I can do is kick myself for not picking him up, I guess. I do think it’s bullshit though...

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

No you shouldn't be able to play Taysum at TE. That's fucking ridiculous. Anyone that says otherwise is a cunt living in bullshit technicalities.

My team is WR heavy, can I flex CeeDee at RB2 because he gets jet sweeps sometimes?

If he lines up at rb enough for ESPN to add that classification, sure. ESPN had their rules for dealing with this before and leading up to this week it was made clear that he would have TE designation through this week no matter if he was named as the starter or not. If he plays primarily qb this week then they will take away his TE designation next week. Everyone had equal access to Hill and to this rule.

Unless your league has some kind of constitution that specifically covers this changing/making up rules midstream is a bad way to handle anything. When there is a question that your league doesn't specifically address why not follow your league platform rules. 

13 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

If he lines up at rb enough for ESPN to add that classification, sure. ESPN had their rules for dealing with this before and leading up to this week it was made clear that he would have TE designation through this week no matter if he was named as the starter or not. If he plays primarily qb this week then they will take away his TE designation next week. Everyone had equal access to Hill and to this rule.

Unless your league has some kind of constitution that specifically covers this changing/making up rules midstream is a bad way to handle anything. When there is a question that your league doesn't specifically address why not follow your league platform rules. 

I don’t disagree with anything you’re saying, but it’s common sense. Espn is just being lazy. We all know hill isn’t a fucking TE this week. The saints have told you that. Who cares where he’s lined up more this year. Espn is letting one team play with super flex rules, but instead of being forced to play that 2nd qb at flex, you get the added bonus of playing him at the thinnest position in fantasy football. It pretty much gives you a free win this week. I do expect that they’ll change it next week though. ESPN is the only platform that lets you do this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t disagree with anything you’re saying, but it’s common sense. Espn is just being lazy. We all know hill isn’t a fucking TE this week. The saints have told you that. Who cares where he’s lined up more this year. Espn is letting one team play with super flex rules, but instead of being forced to play that 2nd qb at flex, you get the added bonus of playing him at the thinnest position in fantasy football. It pretty much gives you a free win this week. I do expect that they’ll change it next week though. ESPN is the only platform that lets you do this. 

Yeah but it’s just such a unique situation. Some leagues went through their waivers with teams using priority spots or FAAB money to get him on the off-chance he was named the starter or got more touches even if he wasn’t. Based on playing him at TE. I can’t see how you can take away his TE designation 3 days before the games after all that has run. 

Nobody had a problem with him being listed as a TE before this week. He has more catches than passing attempts on the season. Started him there last week in my league without a peep from anyone.

It creates an unfair advantage for a team to start him this week for sure but fantasy is full of shit like that. As long as the rules are consistent and everyone is on level playing field in picking him up. And if he does primarily play qb this week ESPN will change it and it will have been a one week boon for a shrewd/lucky owner. 

Edited by UncleSonny

11 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Yeah but it’s just such a unique situation. Some leagues went through their waivers with teams using priority spots or FAAB money to get him on the off-chance he was named the starter or got more touches even if he wasn’t. Based on playing him at TE. I can’t see how you can take away his TE designation 3 days before the games after all that has run. 

Nobody had a problem with him being listed as a TE before this week. He has more catches than passing attempts on the season. Started him there last week in my league without a peep from anyone.

It creates an unfair advantage for a team to start him this week for sure but fantasy is full of shit like that. As long as the rules are consistent and everyone is on level playing ground in picking him up. And if he does primarily play qb this week ESPN will change it and it will have been a one week boom for a shrewd/lucky owner. 

Fantasy football isn’t full of shit like this. You can’t find one example of a player that is going to be the starting qb for a team who also has positional eligibility at another position. Especially not a position so thin. That’s absurd. And nobody had a problem before this week because he got like 4 snaps a game. ESPN has hill projected for 21 points this week. They have devante Adams projected for 18.1 lol. 

This is the most unique situation in my history of playing fantasy football in terms of a player having such a big positional advantage over everyone. We don’t need to keep harping on this, but “shit like this” doesn’t happen all the time. It never happens. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

It happened in Marques Colston's rookie year as well except his owners had a full season's worth of advantage owning him. He was drafted as a TE iirc so he had positional eligibility as a WR/TE that entire year. His owners were able to plug him in as a TE even though he was a WR and he was the most fantasy productive TE in the league as a result. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

It happened in Marques Colston's rookie year as well except his owners had a full season's worth of advantage owning him. He was drafted as a TE iirc so he had positional eligibility as a WR/TE that entire year. His owners were able to plug him in as a TE even though he was a WR and he was the most fantasy productive TE in the league as a result. 

There’s a huge difference in WR/TE and Qb/TE. There’s a reason you can flex a wr and not a qb. This is hands down the most egregious case. Nobody would start Andy dalton this week...unless he had TE eligibility. Then he’d be started in every league. Even if you were forced to play hill at QB, he’s a pretty good start this week. If I wanted to be in a super flex league I would change the settings.

Again, I’m not saying any commissioners should be stepping in or anything like that. Just pointing out how ridiculous and lazy it is of ESPN. Common sense would say the starting qb should only have qb eligibility.

Rant over. And yes, I’m fully aware I sound like a cry baby haha. I just have to play against hill in a must win game. I had the better team before this news was announced. Now I’m fully expecting to lose.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

15 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Do you make any changes here?

9ED83C50-D8C6-4087-8002-DE58C476A8DF.jpeg

Maybe covered before but I'm pretty new to this thread, interesting setup with just one RB and WR and flexes the rest of the way down. 

I think now that Ridley doesn't have an injury designation you have to play him. I'd plug him in for Ballage or Moore if Bridgewater doesn't go.

Edited by UncleSonny

5 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Maybe covered before but I'm pretty new to this thread, but interesting setup with just one RB and WR and flexes the rest of the way down. 

I think now that Ridley doesn't have an injury designation you have to play him. I'd plug him in for Ballage or Moore is Bridgewater doesn't go.

Yea I was thinking of switching Ridley for Moore.  Ballage I think will have a good game vs the Jets and they will run a lot.

I'm in a bit of a pickle - I accepted a side bet wager from my opponent this week, and D'Andre Swift has apparently gone and bonked his head and now I might be fucked. 

It's a super deep league (16 players, 11 scoring positions, 6 bench slots) and 1 ppr. 

I need to figure out which two to roll with out of these three:

Jared Cook vs Atlanta 

Robert Tonyan @Indy

Zach Pascal vs Green Bay 

For whatever it's worth, these are the three available W/R/T with the highest projected points in our league:

Denzel Mims @LA Chargers

Hunter Renfro vs KC

Tre'Quan Smith vs Atlanta 

leia organa GIF by Star Wars

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Fantasy football isn’t full of shit like this

To be fair I started off saying it's a very unique situation. When I said shit like this happens I mostly meant random things that happen outside of players control that significantly changes the value of players. Fantasy football is full of luck of the draw things like injuries, real world trades, the whims of who Belichick or Shanahan decide to give carries to any given week. You just try to maximize value where you can and hope you are the right side of the randomness. 

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Again, I’m not saying any commissioners should be stepping in or anything like that. Just pointing out how ridiculous and lazy it is of ESPN.

And this, I don't even think we are disagreeing really. My league trying to get the commissioner to make a ruling today is my issue. If ESPN would have pulled his "TE" designation the minute players unlocked after week 10 I'd have been fine with that too. And maybe they should have. 

One last PSA about this, you can play him at TE on Fanduel this week too if anyone does DFS over there. I'm sure he'll be a pretty popular pick though. 

On 11/20/2020 at 4:26 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

I'm in a bit of a pickle - I accepted a side bet wager from my opponent this week, and D'Andre Swift has apparently gone and bonked his head and now I might be fucked. 

It's a super deep league (16 players, 11 scoring positions, 6 bench slots) and 1 ppr. 

I need to figure out which two to roll with out of these three:

Jared Cook vs Atlanta 

Robert Tonyan @Indy

Zach Pascal vs Green Bay 

For whatever it's worth, these are the three available W/R/T with the highest projected points in our league:

Denzel Mims @LA Chargers

Hunter Renfro vs KC

Tre'Quan Smith vs Atlanta 

leia organa GIF by Star Wars

Anyone have any suggestions? 

Question on a knock out league.

Pick the:
Browns over the Eagles or
The Vikings over the Cowboys or
Tampa over the Rams

I know not to trust the Browns because they may let me down.
The Vikings looked like crap but beat a worse Bears team last week.
Tampa and the Rams may go any way. I’m stumped. Can’t pick the Rams since I already picked them.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Question on a knock out league.

Pick the:
Browns over the Eagles or
The Vikings over the Cowboys or
Tampa over the Rams

I know not to trust the Browns because they may let me down.
The Vikings looked like crap but beat a worse Bears team last week.
Tampa and the Rams may go any way. I’m stumped. Can’t pick the Rams since I already picked them.

Thanks

From my book:

Browns -140

TB -205

Vikings -325

I think this is an easy call...

• Like 1