2020 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

Opponent has Kyler going today. I have Tannehill who has been steady but picked up Hurts in case. I’m projected to win but wondering if Hurts could better offset whatever Kyler does.

I’ve also got D Henry so is rolling Tannehill betting too much on Titans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Let’s revisit this question and throw Tony pollard in the mix. Still swift? I feel like pollard is the only one not splitting carries but I’m not sure that matters 

as I said up top, my alleged best friend picked up Pollard knowing it will hurt me.  I think he can put up a good day.

That goofy aggy probably moves me  through to the finals. I'm tied and still have Kamara, D. Johnston, Hopkins and the Pitt D. Opponent has Kelce. I came into the playoffs as #6 speed and knocked out #3,#2. #4 is killing #1, so I should have a decent shot next week.

11 minutes ago, Blotto said:

That goofy aggy probably moves me  through to the finals. I'm tied and still have Kamara, D. Johnston, Hopkins and the Pitt D. Opponent has Kelce. I came into the playoffs as #6 speed and knocked out #3,#2. #4 is killing #1, so I should have a decent shot next week.

That aggy fuck picked up where Rodgers left off with the chugging of covid dicks, vulturing multiple TD chances from Henry and making this Henry owner drink more Sunday beer for all the wrong reasons.

Fuck you Tannehill.

On 12/16/2020 at 10:08 PM, RiverwalkMiner said:

So, I was able to grab J.Hurts, but now I'm having second thoughts starting him over D.Watson. Any thoughts? 

So, Hurts has the same amount of points at halftime, sitting on my bench, as Watson finished the game with. Good thing I still have JuJu and Diontae playing tomorrow. 

36 minutes ago, RiverwalkMiner said:

So, Hurts has the same amount of points at halftime, sitting on my bench, as Watson finished the game with. Good thing I still have JuJu and Diontae playing tomorrow. 

The rushing floor makes him a damn good fantasy qb. And apparently Lincoln Riley taught him how to throw, or something. I don’t remember being impressed with him at any point when he was at Bama

Woke up in a bad mood this morning from knowing I lost my semi-final matchup in my main league, a twenty year 12-team league that I have still never won. I had the highest regular season pts last year and this year and, despite having a lineup of Russell Wilson, Derrick Henry, Aaron Jones, Tyler Lockett, Allen Robinson, Goedert, and the Rams D, I fucking lost to a team that got big production from J Taylor, Corey Davis, and f'n Antonio Brown. That mfer waited all year to score a long TD with Brady and they do it in the fantasy playoffs against me. 

So many what ifs that piss me off. What if I'd actually started Brees instead? What if I'd not clung tightly to George Kittle for a potential week 16 title play and used that spot to grab Hurts instead, which I strongly considered. I got stuck on "dance with the guys that brung ya"......

The most aggravating aspect though is the other bracket where the lowest seed left Michael Thomas in his starting lineup. If I'd played him, I'm in the championship game for the second year in a row. But I lost out on the top overall seed because the #1 seed beat his week 13 opponent by 0.15 pts.

FUCK FANTASY FOOTBALL INDEED. 

This one stings.

Edited by Gourmand

Love seeing Russ and his receivers have shit days. Fucking hate the Seahawks and Pompom Petey Sunshine. Couldn’t stand that lying sack of shit last year when he constantly lied about Lockett not being hurt..

Never trust a Seahawk. They will always let you down when it matters. 

I was in a bad mood Friday when I realized I forgot to switch out Booker for Jacobs. Fortunately I lost by 50 so it didn’t matter.

Woke up in a bad mood this morning from knowing I lost my semi-final matchup in my main league, a twenty year 12-team league that I have still never won. I had the highest regular season pts last year and this year and, despite having a lineup of Russell Wilson, Derrick Henry, Aaron Jones, Tyler Lockett, Allen Robinson, Goedert, and the Rams D, I fucking lost to a team that got big production from J Taylor, Corey Davis, and f'n Antonio Brown. That mfer waited all year to score a long TD with Brady and they do it in the fantasy playoffs against me. 
So many what ifs that piss me off. What if I'd actually started Brees instead? What if I'd not clung tightly to George Kittle for a potential week 16 title play and used that spot to grab Hurts instead, which I strongly considered. I got stuck on "dance with the guys that brung ya"......
The most aggravating aspect though is the other bracket where the lowest seed left Michael Thomas in his starting lineup. If I'd played him, I'm in the championship game for the second year in a row. But I lost out on the top overall seed because the #1 seed beat his week 13 opponent by 0.15 pts.
FUCK FANTASY FOOTBALL INDEED. 
This one stings.
well holy fucking Xmas fantasy football miracle.

somehow the Bengals managed to kick the Steelers ass and my Diontae outscored my opponent's Big Ben+Juju and my slim lead on Sunday night actually ended in a ten point victory.

giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7ylq49jmnxtw5bhv0x5vxyjw5okh3rukaylsn31pg&rid=giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Beat my semi opponent by 50 but time for the finals against the #1 seed.

Help me assemble a championship team (left side) Currently thinking Hurts over Tannehill but other than that what you got?

2618f06231283b76d5eee47697784995.jpg

6dd2453b7aa75abd978d9a174149ef6c.jpg

Yeah, Hurts is the only move I'd make.  Cowboys D has been a little better lately, but he should still have a higher floor due to his rushing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Beat my semi opponent by 50 but time for the finals against the #1 seed.

Help me assemble a championship team (left side) Currently thinking Hurts over Tannehill but other than that what you got?

2618f06231283b76d5eee47697784995.jpg

6dd2453b7aa75abd978d9a174149ef6c.jpg

oooh man that's a tough call. Honestly, that is a lineup question that I'd debate with myself all the way to Sunday kickoffs and there's a lot more to dissect there than just Tannehill vs Hurts. From a DFS perspective there is negative correlation with both Tannehill and Henry in your lineup, but I assume that GB/Tenn game has to the the highest O/U on the slate and it could be a shootout. Green Bay will score at will I think at home vs Tennessee, but will the Titans be able to keep up? Can Tennessee hang in the cold weather on a Sunday night Prime Time? (Side note: I hate this matchup though as a Henry/A Jones owner because it's the goddamn QBs Vulturing TDs Bowl. Tannehill went full on Rodgers this past Sunday with his multiple short scores)....

Chalk money says Rodgers is going to get his points and the Pack will score, so that could heavily limit Henry's floor IF the Packers jump out to an early lead. Henry is just not at all involved in their passing game. If the Titans can get out to an early lead and hold GB to field goals or less, the script is great for Henry. So not only do you have to consider Tannehill vs Hurts, you have to think about the overall game script with your opponent running out Rodgers against you.

I'm wrestling with my 2nd WR slot this week. 

I've been riding Cole Beasley (17th round pick, 262nd overall...) to mostly great success all season, but his worst game of the season (4.40 points) was against New England, which is who he faces this week. 

I've also got Brandin Cooks, and my opponent for the championship has Deshaun Watson, so I'm trying to decide whether my WR and his QB being on the same team works more to my advantage or my opponent's. 

My other WR2 options are CeeDee Lamb vs. Philly and Denzel Mims vs. Cleveland. 

It's a 1 PPR league, very deep (16 teams, 17 roster slots), and I'm currently projected to win 170 to 140.

I'm leaning towards Cooks just to kind of parasite some of his QBs points, but I don't trust Cooks all that much and just want a little outside perspective... 

Any thoughts? 

2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I've also got Brandin Cooks, and my opponent for the championship has Deshaun Watson, so I'm trying to decide whether my WR and his QB being on the same team works more to my advantage or my opponent's. 

The risk is that Coutee (and even Hansen) have been targeted by Watson lately in the red zone, but I feel like Cooks is due after the last couple of weeks. He's still very much involved and getting targets, just not for TDs. I think Watson is going to get points off Cincy at home and this sets up as a let down game for Cincy after their shocking win over Pittsburgh. I would lean towards playing Cooks to offset Watson's output because that 1 pt ppr + yardage differential gives you a slight edge for every completion to Cooks. 

• Hook 'Em 1