2020 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

On 12/24/2020 at 1:31 PM, Gourmand said:

That's a very good question and a tough call because both are very good plays with good matchup and similar implied team totals. The Vegas line has BAL at 28 pts, CHI at 27.75. The Ravens offense is red hot right now and has scored 40+ in three straight, so there's ample opportunity for Dobbins to do well, but the wild card is Ingram. If he's active, that could cut into the rb shares slightly and there's always the chance (albeit increasingly slim) that he vultures a score. The trend iirc has been for him to come in early and then disappear. 

Robinson is Trubisky's favorite target and gets a weak Jacksonville secondary to feast on. He has 44% of the entire wr target share for the Bears this season (133 total) and the next closest guy is Mooney (78). Since their bye in week 11, he has 13, 7, 13, and 5 targets and lead their offense in targets each game. He has three TDs over that span, each from inside the ten yd line and has six plays of 20yds or greater. He has three 100+yd games on the season vs 1 100+ yd game for Dobbins.

I think with your scoring system rewarding bonus points for bigger plays and bigger days, you are better off going with the guy who is a focal point of a lesser offense than an emerging player in a rb committee on a better offense.

My .02......

And all this made completely moot by my opponent having Kamara. Fuck this stupid fucking game.

37 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

i am stuck on jarvis landry vs @NYJ or leveon bell vs ATL at flex (STD) 

thoughts

This is more hunch than anything, but I like Le’Veon since it’s non-PPR. Have a feeling Andy might let his new toy run a little. 

Would have gone Landry otherwise. 

Edited by shadow_operative2.0

Fucking Browns.

I have Cle D starting tomorrow and was probably going to swap out Russell wilson for Baker Mayfield but this crazy late news throws a lot of doubt into my lineup. I think I should probably stick with Russ because I think there is a decent chance that Rams game has shootout potential considering the way they struggled against the Jets. Also, my opponent rolled out Murray, Hopkins, and Aiyuk today and only got 29 pts out of them so it feels like I can afford to play it safe with Russ over Mayfield without his main pass catchers or, say, Trubisky at Jac. I already have Allen Robinson in my lineup so I have a bit of Trubisky baked in already.

Fucking Browns....

1 hour ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

I worry how the browns having no WRs affects the running game.  Its not like you can sit Chubb, but I bet he faces a 8+ man box all day. 

I think a stacked box to stop the run only opens up Hooper and Bryant all day. Fire up your CLE TEs if you have em.

Mhy opponent had Aaron Rodgers/Adams last week.  Thankfully they sucked.

So, up 38 in one league. My opponent has Corey Davis (0) and the Buffalo D.  Don't want to pop the champagne, but it's rare for defenses to score 40 right?

Other league:

Down 13.  I have Josh Allen, opponent has Buffalo D.  I had Houston D.  God damn losers

13 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Mhy opponent had Aaron Rodgers/Adams last week.  Thankfully they sucked.

So, up 38 in one league. My opponent has Corey Davis (0) and the Buffalo D.  Don't want to pop the champagne, but it's rare for defenses to score 40 right?

Other league:

Down 13.  I have Josh Allen, opponent has Buffalo D.  I had Houston D.  God damn losers

My team in my main league had been rolling all year. I had a bye and I was the two seed. That right there is why I lost. This week, right back to 145. 

fuck fantasy football

My twenty year title drought is finally over. 

After all my bitching and complaining this year about Diontae Johnson, that guy basically won me my title with his play the last two weeks. I had some underwhelming production from Lockett, Henry, Jones, Koo, and the CLE D yesterday to the tune of my second-worst scoring week of the entire season. My opponent had Murray, Sanders, Pollard, Hopkins, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Irv Smith, and the Bears D and he somehow managed a worse week than my team. 

MIRACLE 2020 SEASON.

Had a brutal one last night.  Was able to navigate without CMC pretty much all season and still made our championship game.  Ended up making a bunch of bad decisions this week that didn't work out.  Picked up Hurts (his knee was down) and benched Wilson.  Streamed both Browns D and Bears D and decided to start Browns.  Picked up both Jeff Wilson Jr and Fournette and started Fournette based on matchup.  Started Marvin Jones Jr who ended up with 4 points.  Found myself up by about 22 going into last night and my opponent still had Jones and Henry, so didn't think I had a chance.  Ended up losing by .94.  I knew it was over when Jones stepped out and they said he stayed in.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

After all my bitching and complaining this year about Diontae Johnson, that guy basically won me my title with his play the last two weeks. I had some underwhelming production from Lockett, Henry, Jones, Koo, and the CLE D yesterday to the tune of my second-worst scoring week of the entire season. My opponent had Murray, Sanders, Pollard, Hopkins, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Irv Smith, and the Bears D and he somehow managed a worse week than my team. 

MIRACLE 2020 SEASON.

I could be 2 for 2 and I won last year as well.  Amazing thing is I traded away Dalvin and landed guys (zeke, DK, Robinson) etc that have largely been inconsistent.  But, all about the matchups.

ran into the fucking Davante buzz saw last night and now need 30 from J. Allen tonight to pull off the W.  Last time i trust Yahoo for a Def rec.  Saw Houston vs Cin and Yahoo was projecting 10 points and made the switch.  Lol at -4 pts (no sacks/no turnovers/37 points given up)

in my higher dollar league (where i missed the playoffs but led league in total points by 100) i would have won the title if i could have snuck in as the last seed scoring 140+ each week of the playoffs.  Still bitter lol.

2 hours ago, Stuck in CO said:

Had a brutal one last night.  Was able to navigate without CMC pretty much all season and still made our championship game.  Ended up making a bunch of bad decisions this week that didn't work out.  Picked up Hurts (his knee was down) and benched Wilson.  Streamed both Browns D and Bears D and decided to start Browns.  Picked up both Jeff Wilson Jr and Fournette and started Fournette based on matchup.  Started Marvin Jones Jr who ended up with 4 points.  Found myself up by about 22 going into last night and my opponent still had Jones and Henry, so didn't think I had a chance.  Ended up losing by .94.  I knew it was over when Jones stepped out and they said he stayed in.

Oh man that's rough. I don't mean this as a second-guessing asshole, but JWJr is always money when he plays. I would have loved to have had that WDIS decision vs my A Jones. That guy deserves to get a shot as a bell cow starter next year.

If I learned one thing this year, it's never draft a Packers RB as a starting RB as long as LaRodgers are around. Owning Aaron Jones was exceptionally frustrating with the way the Packers refused to give him the ball and routinely shut him out of their offense inside the five yard line.

• Like 1

I play the same two leagues every year. I cruised to the finals win with my team that had Kamara. Somehow in my other league, one of the guys in the final had Kamara and managed to lose, lulz. The rest of his team had a shitty performance and the other guy made up huge ground on SNF, MNF with Adams and Allen. 

MIRACLE 2020 SEASON.
Same here, long drought over....Cook, Davis, Ridley, Jefferson, Kelce carried me all year without a decent qb. Grabbed tanne off waivers, plugged monty back into the lineup for playoffs, thats all she wrote....