2020 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

That depends on the depth of your roster and the other starters on your team. If I felt like I had a few studs with great matchups, I'd be tempted to roll the dice with Golladay but otherwise I think it's  too iffy against the Arizona pass defense. Who would you start otherwise?

John Brown or Mike Williams.

Anyone else own Allen Robinson? I foolishly drafted him out of positional need near the end of the third round after our run on WRs had started and I had my eye on Mike Evans. The guy picking right before snagged Evans and I had to immediately adjust and I went against my own philosophy and took a player I wasn't in love with based on projected value for the pick when I should have taken someone like Ridley or Juju for similar pick value, not to mention all the other guys who were drafted much later who have outperformed Robinson.

So is this the week (@ ATL) that Robinson shows signs of not sucking? Or would you start Corey Davis (@Minn) and send Robinson to the bench?

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Anyone else own Allen Robinson? I foolishly drafted him out of positional need near the end of the third round after our run on WRs had started and I had my eye on Mike Evans. The guy picking right before snagged Evans and I had to immediately adjust and I went against my own philosophy and took a player I wasn't in love with based on projected value for the pick when I should have taken someone like Ridley or Juju for similar pick value, not to mention all the other guys who were drafted much later who have outperformed Robinson.

So is this the week (@ ATL) that Robinson shows signs of not sucking? Or would you start Corey Davis (@Minn) and send Robinson to the bench?

I think Allen Robinson is about to go off. He was frustrated about getting an extension, but I feel like he’s about to have a “squeaky wheel gets the grease” type of game where he just gets hyper targeted and goes off. He’s by far their best we, and they’re gonna have to score a ton tomorrow to keep up with a desperate Atlanta team IMO. 

But yeah, in hindsight Ridley is definitely the Chris Godwin of this year. The guy you thought was the #2 for their team, but ends up having a better fantasy season the “number #1 wr”

Edited by youdunnf'dup

7 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think Allen Robinson is about to go off. He was frustrated about getting an extension, but I feel like he’s about to have a “squeaky wheel gets the grease” type of game where he just gets hyper targeted and goes off. He’s by far their best we, and they’re gonna have to score a ton tomorrow to keep up with a desperate Atlanta team IMO. 

Yeah I can see how the circumstances this week are ripe for a breakout game from Robinson. My concern is his connection with Trubisky and their failure to convert all those targets into receptions. He's playing something like 80% of the Bears offensive snaps, leads the team in targets (18), but only has eight receptions to show for it and has been outscored on the fasntsy sheet by Darnell Mooney and his 6 total targets. Great matchup vs Atlanta, game script that sets up for the Bears to have to throw a lot to keep up in the second half, but it's hard to trust those goddamn Chicago Bears offensive players. 

Otoh, Corey Davis gets to face Minnesota without its top two corners. The Vikings have given up big chunks of yardage to receivers, with most of that damage coming from the Packers offense in week 1. They've allowed five TDs to the WR position. Davis should be the #1/#1a receiving option in the Titans offense alongside Jonnu Smith this week BUT this could be the game where Tennessee pounds them with Henry OR the winless Vikings could be that cornered animal at home staving off 0-3. 

Implied totals: Tennessee 27 pts vs Chicago 23 pts. 

This one's a summbtich WDIS. 

was down 30 heading into tonights game with Kamara and Brees to start. Now I'm up about 45. This is a PPR league where we have all sorts of stupid bonuses for TD's over 50 yds etc... Hopkins, Godwin, and Davonte Parker at WR, Ertz at TE,  and the Steelers D....team is pretty stacked if Brees can put up decent numbers. 

Edited by Blotto

Time to bench Mixon?  Only two options would be AJ Green (flex him and move Mostert over) or Rex Burkhead.
We've all seen this Burkhead act before from the NE coaching staff, watch him get 5-7 touches next week when White and Harris return. I think you have to ride it out with Mixon, but if you are hurting at the RB position and you have roster flexibility, I would make a ww move.

Here's a name that could be a league winner if the opportunity window gets opened: Gus Edwards.

That guy is a stud and I think he's the best back in the Ravens backfield. He makes it happen every time he gets in the game and I won't be surprised if he overtakes Ingram on the depth chart.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Have a interesting trade offer.  Im the top, I want Mahomes but do I want to give up Thomas and Ekeler?

736C2791-190F-4100-8D4C-565A2DCB7F94.png

That’s tough. When everyone is healthy, you’re giving up the player I’d want the most (Michael Thomas). But who knows what he looks like coming back. If Herbert is playing, I think Eckler is a legit RB1, but when Taylor is playing he never throws to rbs, which is obviously what makes eckler really good. But I have zero interest in having Brees as an every week starter, if that’s what you’re doing right now. So you’d be getting 3 starters? I think it depends on the rest of your team, and your record tbh (or whether you can afford to hold on to Thomas). On paper it’s pretty even.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

If you’re 0-3 or 1-2 I would do it. You can’t afford to wait around for Thomas. Not when someone has offered you mahomes. And juju. Gurley is just a borderline throw in IMO. I wouldn’t feel comfortable starting him every week the same way I wouldn’t feel comfortable starting Brees every week. But just curious, what is your rb situation?

Edited by youdunnf'dup

27 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

If you’re 0-3 or 1-2 I would do it. You can’t afford to wait around for Thomas. Not when someone has offered you mahomes. And juju. Gurley is just a borderline throw in IMO. I wouldn’t feel comfortable starting him every week the same way I wouldn’t feel comfortable starting Brees every week. But just curious, what is your rb situation?

After Ekeler I’ve only got Gibson from Washington...  I’m  WR heavy.  I may switch out getting Juju for DK Metcalf and take it if he goes with it.  I already have Dionte Johnson as a WR from Pitt.  I’m 1-2 right now.

Edited by Hook1997

Just now, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Kittle is officially alive, & James White is back too. 

Fuck. Playing him in both leagues.

I’m in the weird position of playing the rams d in one league and going up against the jets d, and in the other league I have the jets d and I’m going up against the rams d. 

19 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Have a interesting trade offer.  Im the top, I want Mahomes but do I want to give up Thomas and Ekeler?

736C2791-190F-4100-8D4C-565A2DCB7F94.png

Apparently Thomas is practicing today, and might play this week. Almost certainly next week though. So keep that in mind when considering this trade.