Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

31 minutes ago, Hollywood said:

Serious quesiton, has her past ever been exposed beyond this forum?

The Austin subreddit has had plenty discussions on her but the impression I got was that the media wasn’t covering a lot of her antics because it would have been mainly “slut shaming”. I think her constant need for attention over half a decade speak to her character but then again, that appears to be the norm for most politicians today. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 8:53 AM, Hollywood said:

Serious quesiton, has her past ever been exposed beyond this forum?

No, mostly because her opponent JF didn't want to get down in the muck.

He should have.

EDIT:  plenty knew "beyond this forum", but her behavior was largely under the radar as far as the average voter was concerned

Edited by jimmyjazz

8 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Well, it’d be great to foist her somewhere.

Oh, she's already been foisted in plenty of places.  I'm sorry, did you type 'foisted'?  Sorry, nevermind.  

Edited by Lobo

When I saw the photo of her with Senator Cruz.  And you had told me that one of them would be asking smart lawyer-esque questions in January and the other one would be apologizing for white supremacists, I gotta tell you...I am admittedly surprised.  My 2021 bingo card is off to a bat-shit crazy start. 

33 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

The first check must have cleared. It took less than two weeks.

She has done a 180 degree about face on the "Save Austin Now" Homeless Camping Ban and now does NOT support it.

I wonder how her unruly bunch of supporters that got her elected will take that?

She did? So far the only thing I’ve seen from her is her support for the current code and alignment with Tovo, Pool and Alter against property rights and more housing, which isn’t a surprise. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

She did? So far the only thing I’ve seen from her is her support for the current code and alignment with Tovo, Pool and Alter against property rights and more housing, which isn’t a surprise. 

So mass upzoning = “against property rights”? I’d respectfully disagree.

Currently, city govt’s across the country are baffled on how to deal with affordable housing, homelessness, transportation, and gentrification.

Upzone schemes are the latest new urban trend being tossed around the Municipal League circuit. Developers and investors are salivating, not at the prospect that it will decrease property values, but exponentially increasing them.

Fitlump, this city council, and this government, are not up to the challenge of even adequate urban planning. Need a new Mayor to start.

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Wow, that's amazing

24 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

So mass upzoning = “against property rights”? I’d respectfully disagree.

Currently, city govt’s across the country are baffled on how to deal with affordable housing, homelessness, transportation, and gentrification.

Upzone schemes are the latest new urban trend being tossed around the Municipal League circuit. Developers and investors are salivating, not at the prospect that it will decrease property values, but exponentially increasing them.

Fitlump, this city council, and this government, are not up to the challenge of even adequate urban planning. Need a new Mayor to start.

I think you mean "opposition to mass upzoning= 'against property rights'" But two things

1) Actually yes, but

2) The proposed LDC reform wasn't a mass "upzoning". It was an extremely modest reform of the land development code, with a ton of bad actors spouting nonsense to stop it. Calling is a mass upzoning is about as responsible or accurate as shrieking about "death panels" was in 2010.

Austin has always done planning well. This era is no exception. Our problem is killing good plans. Adler problem was that he didn't have the will to act on a mandate for reform.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

No, seriously. Take a look at decades of planning documents - highway plans, comprehensive plans, FLUMS, etc. The planners correctly anticipated growth, built out good strategies for mitigation and transit, and recommended action.

What failed was the policy development that is supposed to follow.  A plan doesn't matter if you don't then execute, and we don't. It's not a planning failure, but a political one. Look at the huge gulf between the "Austin Tomorrow" plan of 1977 and the 1984 LDC rewrite (still in effect today). Or 2012's "Imagine Austin". IA is a really good comprehensive plan that carefully and thoughtfully mitigates massive growth while preserving fragile elements of what makes this town good while attempting to protect broad based affordability. It's not perfect, but it's a decent compromise of competing interests.  

Priority program #1 of Imagine Austin is a reform of the Land Development Code. As of today, far more time has elapsed between the passage of imagine Austin than passed between Kennedy's speech at Rice and Neil Armstrong's "One Small Step". 

In other words -  it has take more time to do the first thing in Austin's comprehensive plan than it did to put a man on the moon.

So yeah - we don't have a planning problem. We have a citizen problem. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

As long as they aren't throwing rocks off of overpasses and enlightening us as to the ways of the tow truck industry in Austin.

If that fucker hadn't been trying to murder people, he could have expanded his posting from Shaggy to reddit, started a campaign for city council, and a shitload of people who have had bad experiences with tow truck drivers/being towed probably would have tossed plenty of campaign contributions his way.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

As long as they aren't throwing rocks off of overpasses and enlightening us as to the ways of the tow truck industry in Austin.

If that fucker hadn't been trying to murder people, he could have expanded his posting from Shaggy to reddit, started a campaign for city council, and a shitload of people who have had bad experiences with tow truck drivers/being towed probably would have tossed plenty of campaign contributions his way.

The (attempted) diddling of minor boys while infected with AIDS might have gotten in the way of any political aspirations.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think you mean "opposition to mass upzoning= 'against property rights'" But two things
1) Actually yes, but
2) The proposed LDC reform wasn't a mass "upzoning". It was an extremely modest reform of the land development code, with a ton of bad actors spouting nonsense to stop it. Calling is a mass upzoning is about as responsible or accurate as shrieking about "death panels" was in 2010.
Austin has always done planning well. This era is no exception. Our problem is killing good plans. Adler problem was that he didn't have the will to act on a mandate for reform.

Well if you were by a transit zone (aka a road) you were gonna be upzoned, include myself and all my neighbors, and especially the poor saps by the main road who could have an 8-plex installed next door to them.

A judge objected to the mass upzones and so the scheme has been suspended. Sounds like a legit legal concern.

I attended a meeting with my fellow “death panelists” and it seemed like a mass. The city planners attempted to act patient in the face of us NIMBY’s, but it was a clear that their scheme was a compromise with developers to open up the floodgates in exchange for subsidized housing targets. The middle class would be fucked and property values would exponentially increase.

I get what you’re saying with “Austin has always done planning well” but I’ll take this pot shot: I think the original inhabitants of Tarrytown, Clarksville, and Wheatville would respectfully disagree.

As I said, Austin is baffled. Adler’s mandate would be to shut down Code Next, not champion it. Having fitlump adding gasoline will not help, to say the least. Between qanon and TPPF influence, actual Austinites will have no representative for their district.
  • Like 1

Congrats on your victory against death panels, you’ve been had. As Austin gets more segregated and less affordable, you’ve only yourself to blame. And after 16 years of unaffiliated volunteer service to this city and region I honestly couldn’t care less because I did what I could and left it all on the field - the citizens of this city brought San Jose  on themselves with eyes wide open. Good luck!

PS- the “original inhabitants of Clarksville, Tarrytown and Wheatsville” are all dead but OK.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1