Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I Guess If You Say So GIF

Oh and worth mentioning that Pool may or may not even live in her district. Tough to tell, because she claims a homestead exemption on both places. Probably an honest mistake like the last time she got caught doing that.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

19 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Oh and worth mentioning that Pool may or may not even live in her district. Tough to tell, because she claims a homestead exemption on both places. Probably an honest mistake like the last time she got caught doing that.

Her Mueller property was recently acquired.  I remember looking up her property on Shoal Creek a couple of years ago and she couldn't hardly have lived more on the border of "her district" (7) had she tried.  

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is the approximate location of the house she has owned (and presumably occupied) for some 20 years:

image.png.f5965a010be02df483507b6ccddfa7de.png

Yeah, I've looked that up before. She definitely gives a "central Austin" vibe. Her newsletters just infuriate me. It's tons of details about esoteric programs or happenings that have very little bearing on day-to-day life. How she is addressing the homeless issue? Soaring property taxes? Transportation? There is some, but it's very little.

Here are the topics from the last one sent, in order:

- A proclamation about Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Board meeting of Austin's Affordable Housing Finance Corp.
- The Trail Conservancy taking over conservatorship of the Butler Hike/Bike Trail (not in her district)
- Launch of Austin Resilience Hub Network website
- Austin Energy boosting its fleet of 7% electric vehicles
- Workshops about Austin Water Storage and Recovery

It's just all minutiae while the city sees huge issues. 

How she is addressing the homeless issue? Soaring property taxes? Transportation?

Homeless issue? She’ll just check with the boys down at the lab, they've got four more council members working on the case. They got them working in shifts!

I guess if you expect Austin to address long-term homeless population (the guys you see), maybe you’re expecting a bit much. Austin has good weather and lots our tourists walking around. Without national and regional solutions to institutionalize some, help others, and decrease addiction, your city council members should steer clear of overreaching.

Soaring property taxes? Contact your state elected officials. Of course, they’re not finding solutions for city valuations

Transportation? Referendum passed. Guess you can get an update at cap metro

4 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Homeless issue? She’ll just check with the boys down at the lab, they've got four more council members working on the case. They got them working in shifts!

I guess if you expect Austin to address long-term homeless population (the guys you see), maybe you’re expecting a bit much. Austin has good weather and lots our tourists walking around. Without national and regional solutions to institutionalize some, help others, and decrease addiction, your city council members should steer clear of overreaching.

Soaring property taxes? Contact your state elected officials. Of course, they’re not finding solutions for city valuations

Transportation? Referendum passed. Guess you can get an update at cap metro

Sorry to offend you Ms. Pool. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Her Mueller property was recently acquired.  

Wel’ll see what happens. She got popped for claiming multiple homestead exemptions. At least Ann Kitchen has the decency to only claim an exemption in the district she represents on council, regardless of where she lives. 

6 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Pool’s not either. Nobody has done more than Leslie Pool to stop zoning reform and deepen our housing shortage, which ensures that valuations, and thus taxes, continue to increase faster than incomes. I would argue that no council member has been more dismissive of the housing affordability issue for middle class people than she has, even while she concern trolls projects to death over not enough Affordable Housing for the working poor. 

Then go look up how much of that subsidized housing she’s allowed to be created  in her district in the last 8 years.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is the approximate location of the house she has owned (and presumably occupied) for some 20 years:

image.png.f5965a010be02df483507b6ccddfa7de.png

Lots of Austin city council districts are like that.  I made a map a few years ago of where all of the city council candidates lived and the winners were pretty much a ring around city hall.  The two East Austin reps live close to the western edge of their district.  Ann Kitchen lives at the far north of her South Austin district.  The mayor lives in a downtown high rise.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/6/2022 at 11:32 PM, NopeEver said:

She managed to stay out of the shit storm that brought upon this city and now she’s on the right side of the dumbasses from the yellow rose in her district. What is the world is shit coming to that fitlump is actually an effective council member?!!! It’s almost like she’s grown more powerful and transcendent than we could have ever imagined. 

Do you still auction off your used panties?  I remember you used to do that when you were a cam girl.  Will you still stick random household objects up your ass for tips?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Born to Run said:

It's a very clever strategy to grossly neglect hair, makeup and fashion to the point that no one would believe this council woman could possibly the same person as the former sex worker that sold her used underwear and fucked a horse-mouthed weirdo.

Oh Romeo, Romeo, where art thou?

Fox fucked up the caption. lol

Texas bar patrons tackle and subdue attorney caught on camera trying to shoot ex-girlfriend, police say | Fox News

Texas attorney caught on camera trying to shoot ex-girlfriend

Austin City Council member Mackenzie Kelly was caught on surveillance camera attempting to shoot his ex-girlfriend while she was working at a local bar.

Quote from the famous (infamous) girl 

Austin City Council Member Mackenzie Kelly, a former volunteer firefighter and outspoken advocate for public safety in Austin, told Fox News Digital, "Public safety remains a top priority for me as I continue actively working to keep the City of Austin and the residents of District 6 safe.

"My council colleagues and I will persist in working on a pathway forward that allows the entire city to live and work safely." The bar where the incident occurred is in Kelly's district

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

From Mouthbreather Matt's email:

ADLER HIT WITH CRIMINAL COMPLAINT FOR USING OFFICIAL RESOURCES FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES

Former Travis County Judge, lawyer and good government activist Bill Aleshire filed a criminal complaint with the City Attorney yesterday alleging that outgoing Mayor Steve Adler illegally used official resources when he endorsed two city council candidates on Dec. 1. The lawsuit was filed on behalf of Council Member Mackenzie Kelly and District 9 council candidate Linda Guerrero.

From the KVUE 
story:

As Austin Mayor Steve Adler prepares to leave office, he has been hit with a couple of ethics complaints by a current city councilmember and former council candidate.

In the complaints, Councilmember Mackenzie Kelly and defeated District 9 candidate Linda Guerrero allege that Adler used ATXN staff, equipment and website resources to endorse candidates in the 2022 runoff election. If found true, it would be a violation of the city charter.

The complaints allege that Alder endorsed District 9 winner Zo Qadri, as well as District 3's Jose Velasquez.

In the Dec. 1 press conference, which is still visible on the
 City of Austin's website, the complaints state that Adler spent about 15% of the conference encouraging the public to vote in the runoff, 10% denouncing a petition related to police oversight and about 30% endorsing Qadri and Velasquez. The complaints also claim he spent the remaining 45% on a "dual endorsement" of mayoral candidates Kirk Watson and Celia Israel.

The criminal complaint has been filed with the County Attorney and asks City Attorney Anne Morgan to launch an investigation.

There has to be more to this, right?  That's fucking insane that she and her staff would go fucking around with another city council member like that.  

I have no idea, but he’s leaving and she’s staying. Maybe he had a nicer office and she’s moving. He was there before she was.

I have had many jobs where I finagled my way to a nice cubicle and watched someone pounce on my last day.

On 1/6/2023 at 1:35 PM, atomheartbevo said:

There has to be more to this, right?  That's fucking insane that she and her staff would go fucking around with another city council member like that.  

Considering it’s FitLump my expectation is that the worst possibility of intended outcome, sincerity and motive are almost certainly true.  So there’s that.  

Are the shenanigans finally getting started?  I've been waiting for the shenanigans to start since she was elected, and there have been no shenanigans.  I started to think that shenanigans would never happen.  Is this it?  Are the shenanigans beginning, or is it just a teaser shenanigan?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

Are the shenanigans finally getting started?  I've been waiting for the shenanigans to start since she was elected, and there have been no shenanigans.  I started to think that shenanigans would never happen.  Is this it?  Are the shenanigans beginning, or is it just a teaser shenanigan?

Not joking at all: she was probably the third best member of the previous council and will probably stay in the 3-4 slot in this one.

She works very hard and is almost certainly the most responsive and available member of council.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Not joking at all: she was probably the third best member of the previous council and will probably stay in the 3-4 slot in this one.

She works very hard and is almost certainly the most responsive and available member of council.

The tallest of all the midgets?  They all fucking suck

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

If Kelly / her staff are at least returning calls or emails then that's better than the corpse Paige Ellis that serves our district. 

She's fucking useless. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That's about as serious an indictment on the shitty state of Austin government as one can make.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

If Kelly / her staff are at least returning calls or emails then that's better than the corpse Paige Ellis that serves our district. 

She's fucking useless. 

You're far from the first person to raise that issue.  Constituent communications is one of the core functions of a city council member.  Seems baffling that she's not doing so.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

What are the term limits on Austin city council members ?

Two terms of four years each.

ADIT TO ADD: But it doesn't make any difference when the child voters in Austin continue to elect the exact same type of worthless bag of meat over and over again.  A small handful of decent folks have served on the council over the decades, but never enough to overcome the smooth talkers who are only there to cut real estate deals or use it as a springboard to better political gigs.

Edited by Samson's Wig
  • Hook 'Em 3

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You're far from the first person to raise that issue.  Constituent communications is one of the core functions of a city council member.  Seems baffling that she's not doing so.

Yeah, I don't get it. Yet she won re-election easily and will probably continue to do so. Guess it just speaks to how shitty her opposition was this past election. 

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

What are the term limits on Austin city council members ?

1 hour ago, Samson's Wig said:

Two terms of four years each.

She's set to make almost $800,000 off of City of Austin taxpayers over the rest of her term plus her next, not counting all of the expenses (her officers, staffing, etc.).

Gotta love this simulation.

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Edit: And that's before she runs for mayor.  $135,000 a year.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

She's set to make almost $800,000 off of City of Austin taxpayers over the rest of her term plus her next, not counting all of the expenses (her officers, staffing, etc.).

She'll be surly 1%.  That phat ass is setting her up to win long-game.

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Gotta love this simulation.

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Edit: And that's before she runs for mayor.  $135,000 a year.

Good gig, if you can find it 

4 hours ago, hullabelew said:

That's likely because all the others have other jobs/shit they work on.  Hands in several buckets.    She has NOTHING else to do. 

That's part of the problem in general and why we needed to raise the salaries (and need to raise them another 40-50% - to make the job attractive to better folks. I have no direct insight here, but from the outside looking in she treats it like the best job she's ever had and works to keep it. I want elected officials to feel that way.  

Council service isn't going to have the best labor pool when it doesn't pay enough to live in more than half the districts. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1