Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

47 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That's part of the problem in general and why we needed to raise the salaries (and need to raise them another 40-50% - to make the job attractive to better folks. I have no direct insight here, but from the outside looking in she treats it like the best job she's ever had and works to keep it. I want elected officials to feel that way.  

Council service isn't going to have the best labor pool when it doesn't pay enough to live in more than half the districts. 

it's the highest paying job she's ever had

• Hook 'Em 1

That's part of the problem in general and why we needed to raise the salaries (and need to raise them another 40-50% - to make the job attractive to better folks. I have no direct insight here, but from the outside looking in she treats it like the best job she's ever had and works to keep it. I want elected officials to feel that way.  

Council service isn't going to have the best labor pool when it doesn't pay enough to live in more than half the districts. 

Double the pay. Outlaw campaign TV ads and videos of any kind. Candidates write up their positions and people can read them. Have a couple of debates. And then vote. Make it so reasonable people might consider going through the process.

But I digress. Apologies.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 1/9/2023 at 10:39 AM, Wally Pryor said:

If Kelly / her staff are at least returning calls or emails then that's better than the corpse Paige Ellis that serves our district. 

She's fucking useless. 

It really is unbelievable.  She has one of the most politically active and communicative districts, and she does absolutely nothing.  I've tried to contact her on multiple occasions, and never gotten anything by way of response.

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2023 at 6:31 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Not joking at all: she was probably the third best member of the previous council and will probably stay in the 3-4 slot in this one.

She works very hard and is almost certainly the most responsive and available member of council.

You have as much useful insight as anyone on this thread.

It doesn't surprise me that Ellis continues to get re-elected because, well, it's Austin. But what the hell is the deal with her? She basically ignores constituents.

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

You have as much useful insight as anyone on this thread.

It doesn't surprise me that Ellis continues to get re-elected because, well, it's Austin. But what the hell is the deal with her? She basically ignores constituents.

Well, her opponent this last go around was a Trumpkin.  Her district is probably 75% Democratic, and when the Travis County Democratic Party clears the field with the exception of a right-winger, reelection is pretty fucking easy.

But it really is amazing.  During her reelection campaign, I didn't see or hear a damned thing from her.  

I did meet her at a campaign event for Beto.  I introduced myself and told her that I lived in her district.  And do you know what she did?  Not a fucking thing.  She walked off.

Her complete lack of give-a-shit really is amazing.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Well, her opponent this last go around was a Trumpkin.  Her district is probably 75% Democratic, and when the Travis County Democratic Party clears the field with the exception of a right-winger, reelection is pretty fucking easy.

But it really is amazing.  During her reelection campaign, I didn't see or hear a damned thing from her.  

I did meet her at a campaign event for Beto.  I introduced myself and told her that I lived in her district.  And do you know what she did?  Not a fucking thing.  She walked off.

Smith wasn't going to win, yeah. Understood.

But Circle C, Travis Country and that area are 75% Democrats?

6 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

City council folks only run for re-election once and odds are in their favor.

You get elected ... you serve four years ... you get re-elected ... four more years ... you're done.  I think you can get a petition going to serve longer and you can come back later if the terms are non-consecutive, but for the most part that doesn't happen.

Council members have a huge advantage when running for re-election.  They are a known name and they have had four years to make inside connections.  They usually run against maybe one worthwhile opponent and a handful of crazy people, or run against no one at all.

Of the 11 people elected in 2014, five made it all the way to last week, one is now in the the Texas Leg, one left for the US House, and one left to become the county attorney.  Of the three others, one didn't run for re-election and two lost re-election bids.

On 1/9/2023 at 3:12 PM, Mittens said:

image.png.da58ff141dcd138639b4cfd55a2dbd15.png

I hate to say this since you all think I’m Kelly, but to be quite Frank she has done more than any other member. She does treat this as the best job she has ever had and that’s what I’d want from an elected. Maybe she went to counseling and figured her life out. Maybe not. But she has proven, time and time again, she is willing to take the hard stances. (Ex the Adler shit about him using city resources to campaign which is against the city charter and bypasses party lines) 

I will also say, for the district I live in, she has gone out of her way to have meetings and talk. Even if they don’t live in the city. The ETJ, the MUD, she is fully aware that what happens in the city affects them all. 

say what you will about my profile or her, at least she’s trying. And she is doing a more than okay job. Perhaps it’s wisdom with age or actually giving a fuck but she is a completely different human than she was on surly. And that’s saying something. 

she is now the “darling” of the party and every year she is away from her past she is going to predicate the future. Look at the monitor article. She’s not a Zimmerman. She’s not a Flannigan. She has found a way to make her way and not be ridiculous. Hate me but it is what it is. And we all have to accept that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, NopeEver said:

I hate to say this since you all think I’m Kelly, but to be quite Frank she has done more than any other member. She does treat this as the best job she has ever had and that’s what I’d want from an elected. Maybe she went to counseling and figured her life out. Maybe not. But she has proven, time and time again, she is willing to take the hard stances. (Ex the Adler shit about him using city resources to campaign which is against the city charter and bypasses party lines) 

I will also say, for the district I live in, she has gone out of her way to have meetings and talk. Even if they don’t live in the city. The ETJ, the MUD, she is fully aware that what happens in the city affects them all. 

say what you will about my profile or her, at least she’s trying. And she is doing a more than okay job. Perhaps it’s wisdom with age or actually giving a fuck but she is a completely different human than she was on surly. And that’s saying something. 

she is now the “darling” of the party and every year she is away from her past she is going to predicate the future. Look at the monitor article. She’s not a Zimmerman. She’s not a Flannigan. She has found a way to make her way and not be ridiculous. Hate me but it is what it is. And we all have to accept that. 

Thanks for the post.  I am all ears.  Do tell.

11 hours ago, NopeEver said:

bye-whore.gif

13 hours ago, NopeEver said:

Guys--this isn't Mackenzie Kelly.  She clearly says in the first sentence that this is Frank.

Anyway--I'd rather have Kelly represent me than Ellis.  And I agree with the vast majority of Ellis's policy positions and virtually none of Kelly's.  But if I'd have called Fitlump after APD drew down on Mrs.LL in her own goddamned backyard, I bet I'd hear back from her.  From Ellis, I got silence.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Have you ever considered that maybe she just doesn't like you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’ll slow clap this. Slow clap to you, lurker, i unironically agree with all of it despite the bullshit with Pio’s stuff.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I considered it.

But it can't be the case.  She doesn't know me well enough yet to realize that she doesn't like me.

And that's fair.

As already noted in the thread, most local politicians don't have to give a shit about anything in this town as their positions are completely secure.   Single party systems are a joke and rife with corruption, and sadly that's the state of most cities.  With the disappearance of local journalism, city councils are running amok all over the place.

You're not concerned about a NY Times like investigation about your fake resume?

On 1/8/2023 at 6:31 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Not joking at all: she was probably the third best member of the previous council and will probably stay in the 3-4 slot in this one.

She works very hard and is almost certainly the most responsive and available member of council.

Curious -- who do you put at one and two? 

I know her past, but damn if it was a mayoral matchup between Kelly and most members of council, I'd likely go Kelly. I know I'd take Kelly over Adler. 

I would take Watson light years over her in a mayoral election... not even close. But versus Israel? I'd have to think about it for a second.

5 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Curious -- who do you put at one and two? 

Ranking the last council in terms of their responsiveness, ability to get things done, and service to their district I’d say 

1) NHM

2) Casar (obviously very polarizing, not likely to be popular here, and got some things very wrong but that’s how I see it)

3)  Pio & Kelly (tied)

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, NopeEver said:

Brady Bunch K GIF

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2023 at 2:40 PM, Ghost of LL said:

You went to a campaign event for that f...ing loser? Bwahaha

• Fuck You 8

On 1/11/2023 at 9:21 PM, NopeEver said:

So Kelly, is the long game here that once you've finished your term(s) as a council member you resurrect your career as Cam Girl Faith? How many pairs of official panties worn at a council meeting or public event are you looking to sell?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Hot ass at Beto event: lots
Hot ass at Cruz event: not
Scoreboard: GOLL

9 hours ago, GlobalWarming2478 said:

Nothing but weirdos at a Beto event.

I'm a Beto supporter. I have the t-shirt to prove it. Like it or not, globalwarming is right here. I went to a rally, and it wasn't the best looking crowd. I guess it's better than the weird uniformity at an Abbott rally. Maybe political rallies just invite the weird.

12 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Ranking the last council in terms of their responsiveness, ability to get things done, and service to their district I’d say 

1) NHM

2) Casar (obviously very polarizing, not likely to be popular here, and got some things very wrong but that’s how I see it)

3)  Pio & Kelly (tied)

Thank you, but I hate your answers.

The fact that Casar is in Congress makes me sick. 

13 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

1) NHM

3)  Pio & Kelly (tied)

What has she actually gotten done or accomplished? Serious question -- I'm not trying to be an ass.