Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I'm a Beto supporter. I have the t-shirt to prove it. Like it or not, globalwarming is right here. I went to a rally, and it wasn't the best looking crowd. I guess it's better than the weird uniformity at an Abbott rally. Maybe political rallies just invite the weird.

Let's just say that fundraisers in West Lake Hills attract a different--and I suspect, more attractive--crowed than a random rally that's open to the masses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

The fact that Casar is in Congress makes me sick. 

I strongly disagree with him on a variety of things related to homelessness but the guy delivered for his district, did the work non-stop in the community, and was by and large a thoughtful vote on blocking and tackling of city business, not just a proxy for the various clubs and special interests that have historically dominated council. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 10:11 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

I strongly disagree with him on a variety of things related to homelessness but the guy delivered for his district, did the work non-stop in the community, and was by and large a thoughtful vote on blocking and tackling of city business, not just a proxy for the various clubs and special interests that have historically dominated council. 

me too.

but he worked on this shit he said he was going to work on. it's not his job to be liked by me (well, ain't none of them got that job any more - i'm outside the city limits now), his job is to advocate on behalf of his constituents. he did a great job at that.

7 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I was frustrated as someone who has unsuccessfully submitted cartoon captions for decades that her name appeared in there first.

'Tis a shame. I'm not sure if I've ever told you, but I've long been an admirer of your sidewalks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/some-city-council-members-make-micro-mobility-a-priority-for-austinites/?utm_source=t.co&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral

City of Austin Council member Mackenzie Kelly of District 6 was set to address an agenda item related to micro-mobility in the city during the April 20 council meeting, but the agenda was changed after a “desired outcome” was achieved.

Kelly expressed her gratitude toward Mayor Kirk Watson and council members Zohaib Qadri, José Vela and Leslie Pool for their collaboration on the resolution.

“I’m grateful to share that we were able to achieve the desired outcome of my resolution thanks to productive discussions with stakeholders and the Austin Transportation Department,” Kelly said.

In a memo to Interim City Manager Jesus Garza, Kelly said ATD emphasized its commitment to collaborating with micro-mobility providers to ensure the services were safe and reliable by developing and implementing strategies to encourage micro-mobility use.

“I would like to commend the City Manager’s office and the Austin Transportation Department for their persistent efforts to ensure that Austinites travel safely and conveniently, making micro-mobility the most effective mode of transportation in Austin,” Kelly said.

Did not realize she was big on micro mobility and was still getting stuff done and sounding all intelligent in her comments.  Makes you wonder what she will do when she’s governor.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Blotto said:

She's lumpin' with the luminaries in DC. Lots of intellectual horsepower in these photos

I didn't realize our future governor would feel the need to hang out in D.C., but it makes sense for when she runs for the Senate.

How is she not fucking up @Bozo_Casanova or @YGIFS ?

Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land

Edited by atomheartbevo

37 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I guess she's not gonna run on the "family values" ticket during the next cycle.

What in the last 7 years has shown anyone cares about being labeled as a hypocrite? Running in a gerrymandered district for Congress ironically seems much easier than winning Mayor of Austin as a GOP

14 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

What in the last 7 years has shown anyone cares about being labeled as a hypocrite? Running in a gerrymandered district for Congress ironically seems much easier than winning Mayor of Austin as a GOP

Austin came within a cunt hair of electing Israel as mayor. It was that close. Cecilia Israel, let that sink in.   The laughable idea that a right-wing nut job like Kelly could somehow become mayor, in Austin, in 2024 is just that. Laughable. 

That pic of Kelly and Casar makes me wish they had knives in both hands. I hate radical politicians, from either side, that much.

Anything to read from the fact she's not wearing her wedding ring in any of her recent pics in DC? Did she kick her KLBJ producer hubby to the curb in order to sniff Ted Cruz's stank finger? I guess she's not gonna run on the "family values" ticket during the next cycle.
I'm rather certain that not having family values, does not preclude one from running on that platform or for that party these days.
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Austin came within a cunt hair of electing Israel as mayor. It was that close. Cecilia Israel, let that sink in.   The laughable idea that a right-wing nut job like Kelly could somehow become mayor, in Austin, in 2024 is just that. Laughable. 

That pic of Kelly and Casar makes me wish they had knives in both hands. I hate radical politicians, from either side, that much.

May I present Senator and Mr FitLump

(I'm thinking she replaces Cornyn, but it would be funny if she replaced Rafael Edward aka  Ted-O Cruz)

7 hours ago, Orange&White said:

I don't think they are married any longer. I don't think they were for very long.

still in her bio (you don't think she would lie or fabricate anything do you)

As for her greatest accomplishment, Kelly is mother of an inquisitive daughter, Rebekah, a student in the Round Rock ISD, and is happily married. She is a 2005 graduate of Westwood High School (Go Warriors!).