Fitlump fucking won an Austin City Council seat

atomheartbevo

On 12/8/2021 at 9:41 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

I dunno. The last tweet from my council member isn't about meeting the public or being out and about. It's about her cat. Very Portlandia vibes.

Kelly is a better council member than Pool by a wide margin, but she’s not the “only” one who engages her constituents in a genuine way- Harper Madison, Casar, Ellis and Renteria all do. Even Kitchen does after her own fashion. 

Your member is just one of the most closed off to views from her district that she doesn’t agree with (not to mention her treatment of staff and appointees, who she speaks to as a noble would address to a serf).

So, get a better one. You should have voted for Gauldin. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

On 12/11/2021 at 9:23 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Kelly is a better council member than Pool by a wide margin, but she’s not the “only” one who engages her constituents in a genuine way- Harper Madison, Casar, Ellis and Renteria all do. Even Kitchen does after her own fashion. 

Your member is just one of the most closed off to views from her district that she doesn’t agree with (not to mention her treatment of staff and appointees, who she speaks to as a noble would address to a serf).

My experiences with Ellis / her staff is that they don't communicate at all.  Zero respond to calls or emails.

I guess I could walk down to city hall and knock on a door but that's not how it should work. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/11/2021 at 9:23 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Yes, it's so easy to just get a better one. And my vote carries so much weight compared to everyone else's. I wasn't even in the district when she was first elected. 

She also sends out a newsletter about once a month, typically on a Friday night. Except for the week of Thanksgiving, when it was on Tuesday at 5 p.m. She must love the high readership at those times.

When the homeless debacle was by far the biggest story in the city, it was barely mentioned in her letters. Largely, it is nothing but COVID updates telling people to get vaccinated. 

3 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

My experiences with Ellis / her staff is that they don't communicate at all.  Zero respond to calls or emails.

I guess I could walk down to city hall and knock on a door but that's not how it should work. 

We're a year out from the next election, and I'm already seeing a bunch of yard signs for her opponent in my neighborhood.

I suspect I disagree with him on all of the issues.  But at the same time, it's really hard to make a case for voting for Ellis.  She has been completely useless as a member of Council, so far as I can tell.

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

We're a year out from the next election, and I'm already seeing a bunch of yard signs for her opponent in my neighborhood.

I suspect I disagree with him on all of the issues.  But at the same time, it's really hard to make a case for voting for Ellis.  She has been completely useless as a member of Council, so far as I can tell.

Homeless camping was lifted by a vote of 9-2. Tovo and Alter were the two that voted against. I don't know who is up for re-election, but if you are one of the nine that voted to lift that ban without a plan in place to address the issue, then it should be a non-starter that you lose your position.

He's still thinking real hard about coming back to Austin to do it again.  Also thinking of running for Congress.  And his deal at UH is/was pretty sweet, so not sure where that leaves him.  

Frank Ward is still heavily debating running for Ellis' seat...again.  She's given very little indication to what she plans to do in 2022.  Troxclair had another heir apparent for the seat but they flaked.  

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

He's still thinking real hard about coming back to Austin to do it again.  Also thinking of running for Congress.  And his deal at UH is/was pretty sweet, so not sure where that leaves him.  

Frank Ward is still heavily debating running for Ellis' seat...again.  She's given very little indication to what she plans to do in 2022.  Troxclair had another heir apparent for the seat but they flaked.  

So who the fuck is Richard Smith, whose signs I see all over my 'hood?  Is he the Troxclair proxy?

I voted for Ellis four years ago, but that was a mistake.  I have tweeted at her and emailed her, and I get nothing back.  It really is incredible for an elected official to be just completely radio silent.

8 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Really? That stinks. 

4 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

it's really hard to make a case for voting for Ellis.  She has been completely useless as a member of Council, so far as I can tell.

So even her staff doesn't respond?

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Is Watson or any sanity in the mix for mayor? 

Watson is running. No question. 

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Did her camwhoring or tit shot from the old site ever make it into the campaign?

Nope, her opponent was either worried that it would maker her a martyr and people would get pissed at him, or he thought he'd win without it. Plus, the people who voted for her probably wouldn't have cared.

Several in the media were aware of her past though, but she could play the victim card and/or they'd have a bunch of people railing against them trying to victim-shame her or whatever.

Knowing what I know of political campaigns at the state level, when she moves up a level or two, either to a state legislative seat or even a Congressional House seat, it will be used against her in the primary. And then this thread is going to go to 11.  With that said, she may very well have made the right political connections to either be able to run unopposed in such a primary, or the primary opposition will be forced to keep a lid on it.

However, I think she will hang around the City Council for as long as possible.  It's a good paying job for her, great in fact, and she's safe.

39 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

In my experience, it's complete radio silence.  

I emailed her about the incident a couple years ago in which APD drew on Mrs.LL in our backyard.  Absolutely nothing.

By the way--fuck APD.

That happened to y'all, too? Remind me to tell you about the time they nearly drew on Mrs Casanova after she called them to deal with a crazy guy who used to live around the corner.

13 hours ago, Anastasis said:

What are y'all doing calling the fucking cops?  Come on guys. 

I didn't call them.  The goddamned house alarm went off, and the cops were dispatched.  So the fucker sits in the backyard lying in wait until Mrs.LL came home.  After she turned off the alarm and checked the entire house (carrying a baseball bat), she opened the back door to let the dog out and hears "freeze--don't move or I'll shoot."

Fucker was 25 yards away in a covered position behind a tree.  She's unarmed (except for a baseball bat, which is of no help against a guy 25 yards away).  And he draws his gun?

Who the fuck is training these people?

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I didn't call them.  The goddamned house alarm went off, and the cops were dispatched.  So the fucker sits in the backyard lying in wait until Mrs.LL came home.  After she turned off the alarm and checked the entire house (carrying a baseball bat), she opened the back door to let the dog out and hears "freeze--don't move or I'll shoot."

Fucker was 25 yards away in a covered position behind a tree.  She's unarmed (except for a baseball bat, which is of no help against a guy 25 yards away).  And he draws his gun?

That's fucking disgusting.  APD chucklefucks?

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yup.

Just damned lucky my dog didn't get shot.  For once, the stupid son-of-a-bitch listened when Mrs.LL when she told him to get his ass back inside the house.

Feel pretty good about turning off the monitoring service.  Just get text messages from my system and then I can triage how to handle. What a world. 

I didn't call them.  The goddamned house alarm went off, and the cops were dispatched.  So the fucker sits in the backyard lying in wait until Mrs.LL came home. 

Well, he was looking at MrsLL through the window and wacking off behind the tree using his non-gun hand.

Somebody good trained him.
  • Like 1

Yep.  My bad.  I keep forgetting about the 2-year term in the middle there with Prop D.  She corrected me too, but I was over-served and she's not terribly engaging IRL.  Her husband is awesome.  One of the crown jewels of UT-Austin faculty, fascinatingly brilliant.  I think I was one drink away from saying something like, 'Maybe Jeremi should run instead of you!"  

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yep.  My bad.  I keep forgetting about the 2-year term in the middle there with Prop D.  She corrected me too, but I was over-served and she's not terribly engaging IRL.  Her husband is awesome.  One of the crown jewels of UT-Austin faculty, fascinatingly brilliant.  I think I was one drink away from saying something like, 'Maybe Jeremi should run instead of you!"  

Yea. She's not my fav. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/13/2021 at 4:48 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Watson is running. No question. 

Feels like he'd walk away with this if so given the maniacal lunacy that's been in place with the mayor and council.   Democrat, Republican, Whatever. People in the city are desperate for some level of sanity, regardless of which he or she leans. 

On 12/13/2021 at 7:06 PM, Anastasis said:

What are y'all doing calling the fucking cops?  Come on guys. 

“Y’all” nothing. She called them. I couldn’t believe it myself. 
Basically this guy was hauling ass down the street while everyone was trying to rescue a kitten. She slaps his car and this drunk crazy man gets out and gets in her face. I get off the porch and we’re about to throw hands when a another neighbor separates us. He drives off because I made him cry with my words and THEN she called the cops because she was afraid he would come back with a gun.

Meanwhile, he goes home, gets his dogs, and walks back, and calls he the cops on me for threatening him, ostensibly because I threatened him. 

So he and the cops show up at the same time, he’s out of his mind on booze/coke/gravy and his dogs want to lick my face and the cops are confused and I’m clowning him again, and she comes off the porch and starts striding towards the four of us, talking at the crazy guy. You can guess what happened next. She was lucky they didn’t shoot. 

Hopefully the lesson was learned. 

there’s an epilogue - the neighbor got worse and worse but was scared to come down our street. He did scream at the little kids from next door at Halloween for not saying thank you for candy when they were trick or treating. A few weeks later he died of being too intense. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

36 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Basically this guy was hauling ass down the street while everyone was trying to rescue a kitten. She slaps his car and this drunk crazy man gets out and gets in her face. I get off the porch and we’re about to throw hands when a another neighbor separates us. He drives off because I made him cry with my words and THEN she called the cops because she was afraid he would come back with a gun.

Meanwhile, he goes home, gets his dogs, and walks back, and calls he the cops on me for threatening him, ostensibly because I threatened him. 

So he and the cops show up at the same time, he’s out of his mind on booze/coke/gravy and his dogs want to lick my face and the cops are confused and I’m clowning him again, and she comes off the porch and starts striding towards the four of us, talking at the crazy guy. You can guess what happened next. She was lucky they didn’t shoot. 

there’s an epilogue - the neighbor got worse and worse but was scared to come down our street. He did scream at the little kids from next door at Halloween for not saying thank you for candy when they were trick or treating. A few weeks later he died of being too intense. 

giphy.gif

Somebody has to have all of this on a ring camera. Lulz. 

On 12/14/2021 at 8:49 AM, Ghost of LL said:

Lucky he realized she wasn't black.

Edited by Deej

On 12/14/2021 at 12:06 PM, Ghost of LL said:

Yup.

Just damned lucky my dog didn't get shot.  For once, the stupid son-of-a-bitch listened when Mrs.LL when she told him to get his ass back inside the house.

The dog or cop?  Got to be a bit more specific on the stupid son of a bitch.  

On 12/15/2021 at 4:44 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

What happened with the kitten?  Did it get rescued?  

49 minutes ago, Underdog said:

What happened with the kitten?  Did it get rescued?  

The kitten somehow got up inside the fender of my peacemaker neighbor’s parents, who were visiting at the time. They went home that night but didn’t find it until the next day when it was mewing in their driveway. 

So my wife nearly got shot, the crazy man died soon after, and the kitten moved to Pflugerville.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ribbon cutting on Anderson Mill Road improvements (in front of the Unity Church arch,no less -- this is Austin, after all.)  Awkward as hell between Fitlump and Adler, I'm guessing.
Fitlump is rocking her "signature" Chuck Taylor's with an outfit I don't remember seeing before.

FGv7Q9QXsBEjF1E?format=jpg&name=small
That's great, they have only been working on that 2 mile stretch for what, half a decade. Yay 2 miles of sidewalks.

On 12/17/2021 at 2:28 AM, DalTxHornFan said:

Ribbon cutting on Anderson Mill Road improvements (in front of the Unity Church arch,no less -- this is Austin, after all.)  Awkward as hell between Fitlump and Adler, I'm guessing.

Fitlump is rocking her "signature" Chuck Taylor's with an outfit I don't remember seeing before.

I’d throw those chucks over my shoulders and pound it till I struck oil.  

• Hook 'Em 1

FGv7Q9QXsBEjF1E?format=jpg&name=small

That’s apparently a current high school girl fashion trend. Went to my daughter’s volleyball banquet and 90% of the girls wore Chucks with their dress.

I’d throw those chucks over my shoulders and pound it till I struck oil.  
So you’d beat the taste of Lances clock out of her mouth huh?

That’s apparently a current high school girl fashion trend. Went to my daughter’s volleyball banquet and 90% of the girls wore Chucks with their dress.

So they should be showing up on SB soon?