Check Out This Fucking Sandwich

Jack Straw

I have some brisket left over from a smoke on Friday and my kid wants sammiches after we get back from a San Antonio soccer trip.  He asked me to pick up some sauce.  Personally, most BBQ sauce is anathema to me because it's usually chock full of garbage, but I found this on the Randall's website and ordered it for curbside pickup this afternoon.  Ingredients look pretty solid to me, all things considered.  Review to follow.

Ingredients:  Organic Tomato Puree (Water, Organic Tomato Paste), Organic Sugar, Organic Red Jalapeno Puree (Organic Red Jalapeno Peppers, Salt, Organic Vinegar), Organic Distilled Vinegar, Organic Molasses, Natural Smoke Flavor, Less than 2% of: Organic Garlic (Dried), Organic Caramel Color, Organic Onion (Dried), Salt, Organic Habanero (Dried), Xanthan Gum, Organic Spices.

O Organics Organic BBQ Sauce Sweet & Spicy - 20 Oz

for years, I used to have to keep that Salt Lick shit in my house for my wife.  about a month ago, she snapped out of it.  says she hates it, now.  

despite his poor taste in bbq sauce, Lando's italian sausage sub inspiration was a big hit at my house, the other day.  will be in the rotation.

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I made BLTs with sourdough the other day -- they sucked.  The bread was too dominant.  Either I need to buy worse bread or better bacon.

How about more bacon?  Whenever I make them, I find I could have almost doubled my bacon and it would have been about right.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I made BLTs with sourdough the other day -- they sucked.  The bread was too dominant.  Either I need to buy worse bread or better bacon.

More bacon. I used twice as much as normal. I used 6 slices of thick cut, instead around 3. Also, I put Mayo on both sides instead of just the bottom like I normally would. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/13/2020 at 10:54 AM, After irth said:

Too hungry to do some fancy slicing and picture taking, but here’s the gist:

Lightly-toasted Bread. Bottom bread smeared with Stubb’s Spicy. Piece of Aged Swiss. Some Holmes Sausage links, heated up for meltiness of the Swiss. Some of my Pulled Pork tossed in my Mustard Slather and heated up. 2 American Slices to melt on top. Mayo on top Bread. 

Lunch, some mindless TV, and random laziness on a Tuesday. 

4D5AEDCE-2158-48BE-A6DF-8EF1836CA39F.jpeg

9CC60517-7785-43D3-9EFD-1A64F7A71745.jpeg

My grandfather would do the same, but pulled pork is an extra that seems to put it on another level.

• 3 weeks later...