Check Out This Fucking Sandwich

Jack Straw

12 hours ago, South Austin said:

Fork? When eating a sandwich, you start with your hands and you finish with your hands. 

Exception to this rule were the sandwiches we once got at Kenny & Ziggy's in Houston.  They came with forks, and forks were necessary.  Only time I've ever done that, and I didn't question it for a second.

pastrami-sandwich.jpg

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

You still don’t need a fork for that sandwich. Take off top piece of bread grab about half the meat with your thumb and pointer finger, proceed to shove in your mouth and chow down. Place breaf back on top and eat rest of sandwich like normal. Just like Jesus intended. 

4 hours ago, Covri said:

You still don’t need a fork for that sandwich. Take off top piece of bread grab about half the meat with your thumb and pointer finger, proceed to shove in your mouth and chow down. Place breaf back on top and eat rest of sandwich like normal. Just like Jesus intended. 

17709938-1E5C-4864-802F-76F90198216B.gif

Here in my part of Europe some locals still believe that hamburgers are junk, cheap food. So to prep for summer I had some friends over and did a burger grill clinic and laid down the basics.  My only complaint is that I still haven’t sourced good local buns. 

My basics for Europeans on how to make a fantastic gotdam burger. All pretty standard for Texans but a revelation to them. And now they know burgers are a real, and real good, meal: 

1. Buy the best 20 percent fat beef you can.

2. Don’t mix it with a gotdamn thing. We’re making burgers not meatloaf or meatballs.

3. Salt and pepper the outside only right before the grill and go heavy on the pepper. 

5. Wait for the coals to ash over and brush the burgers with melted butter when you flip.

6. Dress it how you like. I’m partial to onions and fresh jalapeños. Try it with mustard before soaking in ketchup. 

image.thumb.jpeg.de60984d1d2eca1e56162b6d6aaa89ae.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.36e0b54b414a9d00eef96fa387b8214c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.89d9e3bdf62001f97602bb36dd757d2b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fb11f5d901fd4bda71388bd238018db4.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Here in my part of Europe some locals still believe that hamburgers are junk, cheap food. So to prep for summer I had some friends over and did a burger grill clinic and laid down the basics.  My only complaint is that I still haven’t sourced good local buns. 

My basics for Europeans on how to make a fantastic gotdam burger. All pretty standard for Texans but a revelation to them. And now they know burgers are a real, and real good, meal: 

1. Buy the best 20 percent fat beef you can.

2. Don’t mix it with a gotdamn thing. We’re making burgers not meatloaf or meatballs.

3. Salt and pepper the outside only right before the grill and go heavy on the pepper. 

5. Wait for the coals to ash over and brush the burgers with melted butter when you flip.

6. Dress it how you like. I’m partial to onions and fresh jalapeños. Try it with mustard before soaking in ketchup. 

WTF?

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

And mayo is the condiment of the jizz-lovers.

NTTAWWT

Ha.  I get it.  Because it's . . .

Damn it, I like mayo.  Oh, yeah.  It's just food and it doesn't matter. 

So a bit up or in the other burger thread, I posted a "Cajun burger" I got at a little burger stand.  Mayo only.  I just added mustard and ketchup when I got home.  So Whataburger is mustard and beg for the rest.  That cajun place has mayo or bust.  I guess ketchup just doesn't insist upon itself.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I hate ketchup and mayo, but it's your burger, put whatever the fuck you want on it and eat it with pride.

Fuck all the armchair gourmets nitpicking your choice of condiments.

No C/R, but that's a Presidential platform if I've ever heard one.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I hate ketchup and mayo, but it's your burger, put whatever the fuck you want on it and eat it with pride.

Fuck all the armchair gourmets nitpicking your choice of condiments.

This is surly.  Are you new here? :)

I don't actually care what anyone puts on their food, but nitpicking and stirring up shit is what we do around here.  Without that, we'd have.... nothing!

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2022 at 8:01 PM, Neonmoon said:

Ketchup is the condiment of the poors. 

On 6/25/2022 at 8:17 PM, dcbc said:

Dude, the poors have given us some great food over the years. 

Agree 

On 6/25/2022 at 8:54 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

Ibut it's your burger, put whatever the fuck you want on it and eat it with pride.

Agree

21 hours ago, pops said:

Fuck all the mayo haters. Egg yolks are good. Olive oil is good. Vinegar is good. Combined they are good. Team more mayo the better. 

And ketchup?  Who the fuck hates ketchup?  Fucking contrarian bitches. 

I don’t hate ketchup. I like ketchup. I was just stating my opinion that when it comes to condiments, ketchup is the lesser. I was agreeing with the posters who said they stopped eating ketchup on their burger when they were 10 years old because most adults develop taste buds and do not need tomato sugar to enjoy food. 

I’m just busting balls 

Eat whatever the fuck you want. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/25/2022 at 7:01 PM, Neonmoon said:

Ketchup is the condiment of the poors. 

I dont know how you justify this statement. For starters, they're both extremely cheap. Additionally, only poors know what things cost. People with money aren't doing mental math at the grocery store to figure out whether or not they can afford mustard this week. 

I dont know how you justify this statement. For starters, they're both extremely cheap. Additionally, only poors know what things cost. People with money aren't doing mental math at the grocery store to figure out whether or not they can afford mustard this week. 

Agreed. Store brand ketchup, mustard, and mayo is for the poors. I’m barely not a poor but my shelf has Dukes mayo, French’s yellow, Heinz Simply ketchup. My mustard assortment will then have an array of regional or specialty types.

On 6/26/2022 at 12:52 AM, pops said:

Fuck all the mayo haters. Egg yolks are good. Olive oil is good. Vinegar is good. Combined they are good. Team more mayo the better. 

And ketchup?  Who the fuck hates ketchup?  Fucking contrarian bitches. 

I was with you until you said ketchup. BUT before I bust out the jump to conclusions mat I need to know what type of sandwich requires ketchup? Unless hamburger= sandwich. I’ll stand by…..

8 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

I was with you until you said ketchup. BUT before I bust out the jump to conclusions mat I need to know what type of sandwich requires ketchup? Unless hamburger= sandwich. I’ll stand by…..

Grilled cheese.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Fried chicken breast sandwich or grilled chicken club?

Edited by Da Fino

4 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

Hamburger is bread surrounding meat vegetables and cheese. It is a sandwich. 

I'm also sure I've had thousand island on a reuben that was made with ketchup. 

That's probably the extent of my ketchup on sandwiches, though. 

3 hours ago, pops said:

Hamburger is bread surrounding meat vegetables and cheese. It is a sandwich. 

I'm also sure I've had thousand island on a reuben that was made with ketchup. 

That's probably the extent of my ketchup on sandwiches, though. 

all hamburgers are sandwiches but not all hamburgers are hamburger sandwiches. 

Let’s get this shit back on track… here’s some pulled pork for you savages. Sometimes I like to finish it crispy, so it gets a few mins in the oven.

f8b467c5f40c7f9143804527196093d5.jpg
acfdc403440873a03c1ab99ee9df19b8.jpg
e119270865f883bec553abe6ff377a72.jpg

I like your sandwich, though I would have the slaw on the sandwich too. I’d skip the wine for a Mexican Coke or a cold American macrobrew.