Check Out This Fucking Sandwich

Jack Straw

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 7:44 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

prasek's all beef sausage, ham, turkey, sharp cheddar, grilled onions, horseradish and jalapeño mustard

52908413789_bb3f5d7f97_b.jpg

Needed a second in air fryer

52908278291_3d070abbd6_b.jpg

Tell me about that bread?!  I like good bread for sandwiches but hate when it’s too thick and takes away from the inside. 

Edited by Hook1997

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Confused Little Girl GIF

Allow me to enlighten you, Jane, you ignorant slut. It is widely considered to be the first place in the United States to serve Hamburgers. So the oldest hamburger restaurant in the US. 

Fuck, now it occurs to me I'll probably have to explain the reference/joke in my first sentence to you. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Allow me to enlighten you, Jane, you ignorant slut. It is widely considered to be the first place in the United States to serve Hamburgers. So the oldest hamburger restaurant in the US. 

Fuck, now it occurs to me I'll probably have to explain the reference/joke in my first sentence to you. 

I'm posting that shit because it's funny.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Underdog said:

S&P tomatoes for sandwiches is something I’ve never done or even thought of, usually do it when I have my tomatoes with a steak or hamburger Pattie’s. 

S&P for the sandwich tomatoes is mandatory at the Moss household. 

And on the rare occasion that I include a salad in my home diet, seasoning each element is crucial, too. (Except the lettuce) Really makes a salad tolerable. 

• Like 1

S&P tomatoes for sandwiches is something I’ve never done or even thought of, usually do it when I have my tomatoes with a steak or hamburger Pattie’s. 

Jesus what kind of home did you grow up in?

Probably goes back to having depression era parents. My old man would occassionally make BGLT sandwiches to reconnect to his hard scrabble childhood. That would be a Bacon Grease, Lettuce, and Tomato sandwiches. If all you got is a crock of grease there’s your sandwich. Spread on the bread and griddle in a skillet, mayo, lettuce, heavily salted and peppered maters. It’s actually really fuckin good. I never liked his sardine sandwiches or braunschweiger onion and velveeta sandwiches.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chimichurri Cheese steaks from Shay Spence: https://www.instagram.com/p/CsB6IOXJH0c/?hl=en

made it a handful of times this month and it's easy as hell and comes out great. kids eat it. wife eats it. in laws eat it. leftovers are easy. it's great. i used Bolillos the first time i made it (pic below) but have since switched to Martin's Hoagie Rolls - it holds together better after getting crisped up - see the 2nd pic below for what happens when you cut a bolillo too deep. just half the hoagies and then toast.

process is easy as hell - buy thin ribeyes at HEB, freeze for a few min, make the chimi (i'm lazy as hell so make it in food processor), slice thin ribeyes into strips and toss with cajun seasoning, toast bread, cook ribeye slices in a pan, top with cheese and cover to melt, serve. 

image.png.de9e94f0bc11592fdf7b1d08663ec5dd.png

image.thumb.png.dad9a825eb5e11bdb2dd231a5ca6b5ac.png

recipe:

Spoiler

CHIMICHURRI CHEESESTEAKS
1 1/2 lbs. ribeye steaks
2 bunches flat-leaf parsley
4 sprigs fresh oregano (or 1 tsp. dried oregano)
4 garlic cloves, peeled
2 fresno chiles, roughly chopped
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
4 Tbsp. butter
2 tsp. seasoned salt or cajun seasoning
4 slices provolone cheese
4 slices American cheese
4 hoagie rolls

Place steaks in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a food processor, add parsley, oregano, garlic, fresno chiles, vinegar, salt and pepper and pulse to combine. With the blade running, stream in olive oil to finish the chimichurri. Set aside. (If you don’t have a food processor, just can just finely chop all the ingredients and stir together.)

In a large non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, half of the butter and toast the rolls face down. Remove from skillet and add remaining butter. Add steak plus seasoning until meat is slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to low and layer the cheese on top; then cover and let sit for two minutes. Transfer steak and melted cheese to the buttered rolls; finish with chimichurri and serve.

i ignore his chimi recipe because i like this Jess Pryles one way more mostly because i am not a fan of vinegar and i'm the one making it.

Spoiler

1 bunch flat leaf parsley

1 bunch cilantro/corriander

1 bunch fresh oregano

4-5 springs of fresh thyme (discard the woody stems and use leaves only)

2-3 cloves garlic (i use 4 chunky ones)

Juice of one lemon

1 mild-medium heat chile (wife doesn't like the heat so i use 2 large ones)

Olive oil to blend (see note 1)

Salt to taste

Ingredients

1. Clean and dry all herbs, chop roughly and place into food processor.
  2. Add in roughly chopped chili, garlic, salt and lemon juice.
  3. Blend PULSE DON'T BLEND OR IT CHOPS IT TOO FINELY to combine, until herbs are chopped into very small pieces. You want to make sure that you do the majority of your blending before the oil goes in.
  4. On medium speed, drizzle in olive oil until mixture combines. There should be oil present on the spoon when you spoon your Chimichurri out, so make sure it’s not too dry. Don’t over-chop when adding the oil, as it may start to emulsify and make the final sauce cloudy.
  5. Scoop into a bowl and serve. Can be made several hours in advance and kept in fridge.

Instructions

Note 1: There’s no exact amount for the olive oil, it’ll depend on which herbs you use and how many.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Atxracer said:

This could go in a few places but here works.  If you ever thought a Big Kahuna burger sounded great, it’s not.  Sounds cool, looks cool. But, awful.  WNB.  

688909E1-C8CB-4451-8F53-58F4571168F1.jpeg

I don't know.  That looks like a mighty tasty burger.

13 hours ago, South Austin said:

Nothing about pineapple on a hamburger sounds good, brah.

Fresh pineapple is amazing and improves most things.  I'm not saying put it on all my burgers and pizzas, but . . . .

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

The Hula Burger was a meatless burger introduced in the 1960's by Ray Kroc to McDonald's. It was a substitute for American Catholics that would not eat meat on Fridays. The burger was a slice of grilled pineapple with cheese on a bun.