Check Out This Fucking Sandwich

Jack Straw

On 9/27/2020 at 4:42 PM, Landomatic said:

What bread are you using?  My bread game needs help.  I don’t bake.  But I have trouble finding good bread for Italian subs.

just heb sub buns from the bakery.  often use half a french loaf or the heb french sticks.  should be using italian loaf but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Been craving an Italian sandwich for a week after the posts above. Finally found one this weekend. Thanks for the posts.

marcolino.thumb.jpg.ac1ffccf759bbf9b95a8ab02b691cddc.jpg

that's a tasty looking sandwich indeed.

bread looks great, and top notch bread can take things to 11. 

where is that from?

9 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

that's a tasty looking sandwich indeed.

bread looks great, and top notch bread can take things to 11. 

where is that from?

Place called Holey Bakery, in contention for the second-best bread in town. They do a sourdough with cheese and jalapenos that is fantastic. The sandwich is the Marcolino.

https://g.page/HoleyS31?share

(Best bread in town goes to Amantee, here:)

https://goo.gl/maps/EjEmS1zgGtuiH53x5

6 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

Probably belongs in the Shank thread, but I've taken home Costco food court hot dogs and piled a ton of kimchi on top. Slams and goes hard.

That might actually kill me.  I am sure that’s delicious. I am on auto-timer after a Costco dog to do some serious toilet damage within an hour.

It's a little Mom & Pop Deli on Broadway just outside Loop 410.  The description is far inferior to the description, but what makes it is that pizza crust bread.  I used to eat these like crazy growing up through high school and the only negative thing I could say is that the bread would tear up the roof of your mouth.  That, however, has changed. Somehow they've made the bread lighter and less jagged, and they've done so without altering the flavor.  Here's the Menu description.  If you're ever in SA, just give it a shot.  Kinda like Sammy Hagar said about Cabo, "You go there once, you'll be there twice..."

Image 10-6-20 at 2.31 PM.jpeg

Edited by Cajun

57 minutes ago, Cajun said:

It's a little Mom & Pop Deli on Broadway just outside Loop 410.  The description is far inferior to the description, but what makes it is that pizza crust bread.  I used to eat these like crazy growing up through high school and the only negative thing I could say is that the bread would tear up the roof of your mouth.  That, however, has changed. Somehow they've made the bread lighter and less jagged, and they've done so without altering the flavor.  Here's the Menu description.  If you're ever in SA, just give it a shot.  Kinda like Sammy Hagar said about Cabo, "You go there once, you'll be there twice..."

I meant to say the EXPERIENCE is far inferior to the description.

Cajunfail

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

Zitos? I love how they give you a little cup of beans. Solid sandwiches all around

lol didn’t see your earlier post where you named it. Place is so good. 

Edited by Bevo VIII
For clarity
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Zitos? I love how they give you a little cup of beans. Solid sandwiches all around

lol didn’t see your earlier post where you named it. Place is so good. 

I've always laughed about that.

I have termed it the "One Farter".

• Hook 'Em 1